| NEWS Saban gives injury update on Tua Tagovailoa after Tennessee game - 247Sports (tightrope ankle procedure this morning,)

A few things here convince me you've been living under a rock. 😈

One, the notion that every single person in the stadium knew blitzes were coming and two, your reference to Jalen.

And arm strength is the least of my worries. The fact that he looked like a deer caught in the headlights pretty much all night and that when every single person in the stadium new blitzes where coming and where from, he acted as if he had no clue. That is an issue that LSU is going to absolutely obliterate.

LSU hasn't obliterated anyone on defense this season. No one. If you'd like to compare the two unit's, we can. There's a distinct difference between the two. LSU's performance on defense this season has been with a lot of experienced guys just getting beat. They haven't taken a step back, they've leap-frogged over a decade of good defense in their digression.

Just like any time I'm wrong I will HAPPILY be wrong if it means either a) Mac doesn't completely suck and/or b) Tua is magically able to play against LSU and play effectively. Let's also point out that it was said "oh yeah, 2-3 max and he'll back" when Jalen had this same procedure and two weeks in he could barely walk.
Welp, wrong before he takes a snap. Mac doesn't "suck." He never has. It does fit into the hyperbole found here, Josh.

There is no magically here. What you've brought up has already been discussed in this thread as it was last year. Jalen's doctor said he'd be ready to being rehab in a few days after his procedure. The staff has stated he didn't put in the work to come back as quickly as he could have, and should have. Barely walk? Hyperbole squared.

It's telling you want to point to Jalen and dismiss Cam when his procedure was done several years ago and has only gotten better. Now, that was mentioned in this thread as well. And, to make it worse, no comparison to Tua himself?

You're right about going three-and-out all night, though. I'm sure there will be a few first down turnovers mixed in there...
Again, hyperbolic. Mississippi State put 21 first downs on the board last week and that's the lowest number of 1st downs allowed this season. Florida, 22. Are you going to try to convince us that either offense is better than Bama's with Mac at the helm? Utah State puts 32 on the board.

A few first down turnovers? What are you trying to say here?

With injuries and surgeries there's always the unknown. Prothro, with the rod inserted ... wasn't benign. No one could have seen that coming. However, when you look at the track record of Bama with ankle injuries and combine it with the success we've seen from Dr. Waldrop? It's a heavy lean towards him being ready.

The noteworthy thing in all of this is Tua has already proven he can come back in three weeks. He did it last year on a different ankle all the while nursing a bad knee. Now, we've got a sprain that's not as serious as the one last year met with this kind of doubt? And, if I'm understanding you correctly, that doubt you're feeling is all from Jalen's situation? It doesn't pass my logic test.

some of this naysaying makes me think that we have forgotten what type of offense built this current Saban dynasty. It wasn't a Heisman candidate at QB. Still put up plenty of points. If you ask me, it's a great opportunity for Alabama to lean a bit on the running game and learn how to gel together with rushing... especially in the 2nd half. Arkansas couldn't be much worse than they are. A good team to pound in the dirt with about 300+ yards rushing. LSU is overrated at this point and has significant problems on defense, some of which play into Bama's strengths. not worrying

Just as a side note to ponder:

This afternoon I've seen a few point to Lia as the guy as they dismiss Mac. It seems to me their perception is "it takes a Tua type to win" in the conference which leads them to Lia.

What I find interesting ... the very guy they're worried about, Burrow, is the same type of QB as Mac.

2+2=3. 🤷‍♂️

I don't think it takes a Tua to win, but I do think Taulia offers the ability to run if he can't make a decision or find an open man. Mac, I really like him, just looks like a statue and a guy that has zero chance of getting away from Chaisson, Lawrence, or Divinity. LSU has a very active defensive backfield and everyone likes to joke on how their defense has allowed a ton of points to Vanderbilt, yadda yadda, but Delpit, Fulton, and Stingley are ball players, excellent size, and speed, and I worry about Mac being able to move the ball to our offensive threats on those guys. Taulia, pretty much zero experience, but he has that "it" factor that allows him to play fast and make decisions like his brother.

some of this naysaying makes me think that we have forgotten what type of offense built this current Saban dynasty. It wasn't a Heisman candidate at QB. Still put up plenty of points. If you ask me, it's a great opportunity for Alabama to lean a bit on the running game and learn how to gel together with rushing... especially in the 2nd half. Arkansas couldn't be much worse than they are. A good team to pound in the dirt with about 300+ yards rushing. LSU is overrated at this point and has significant problems on defense, some of which play into Bama's strengths. not worrying

Out of curiosity, how can you say overrated when they have beat better teams than we have? They have beat a schedule that has been twice as tough as ours so far. Texas A&M and South Carolina have been our toughest games, theirs have been Texas and Florida. I think they are far from overrated. Michigan and Washington were overrated, not LSU.

Out of curiosity, how can you say overrated when they have beat better teams than we have? They have beat a schedule that has been twice as tough as ours so far. Texas A&M and South Carolina have been our toughest games, theirs have been Texas and Florida. I think they are far from overrated. Michigan and Washington were overrated, not LSU.

How good are Texas and Florida?

Texas nearly got beat by Kansas, and was handled by Oklahoma far easier than LSU did.

South Carolina was Florida's equal and got screwed by horrible official calls. USCe also beat Georgia.

The terrible Tennessee team Alabama just beat dominated the same Mississippi St team LSU beat by basically the same margin as Bama-UT.

Tough comparison to make. Certainly, before Tua was injured this upcoming Bama/LSU game was a bit better of a skew in Alabama's favor.

Texas leading rusher has 400 yards or so at this point. The other RB is a converted QB.

They give up 190 yards rushing to Kansas RB? The let WVU Qb throw for nearly 400 yards. Texas has defensive problems that they have been able to score there way out of mainly due to being on the friendly side of turnovers. Probably lose to OK St again this year and maybe WVU also if not for 4 picks in that one. I don't buy Texas stock at this point. I think they are certainly better than they have been over the last few years, but they're just not there yet.

Florida is playing some great ball on defense and they are my other SEC favorite right now. I really like their style both ways, but lets be honest.... their offense is rather lame. This is a team that needed 3 4th quarter scores to fart out a win at Kentucky. I'm glad we don't have to play them at this point in the season with our point potential probably dropping by about half with Tua out though.

I'm not saying LSU sucks. I just think they are valued a bit high at this point.

How good are Texas and Florida?

Texas nearly got beat by Kansas, and was handled by Oklahoma far easier than LSU did.

South Carolina was Florida's equal and got screwed by horrible official calls. USCe also beat Georgia.

The terrible Tennessee team Alabama just beat dominated the same Mississippi St team LSU beat by basically the same margin as Bama-UT.

I think Texas and Florida are better than Texas A&M and South Carolina. The Florida-South Carolina game was bad officiating, but it was also VERY sloppy weather that handcuffed both offenses. Florida played with a backup quarterback to LSU pretty close all game long until a late pick six and interception in the end zone, and beat Auburn. South Carolina beating Georgia was an anomaly, but we also know Georgia is not near as good as they thought they were this season. Texas-Oklahoma was pretty close actually. Yes, a late touchdown by Texas, but it was within 3-7 points most of the game. Yes, Texas almost lost to Kansas, but we were also pretty close to Tennessee, a far less inferior team that got beat by Georgia State and BYU, through three quarters. We did not dominate Tennessee. Go back to the game thread and see how everyone felt most of the game. Again, I feel Texas and Florida are tougher than anyone we have played.

1571674399413.png

Last edited:
Tough comparison to make. Certainly, before Tua was injured this upcoming Bama/LSU game was a bit better of a skew in Alabama's favor.

Texas leading rusher has 400 yards or so at this point. The other RB is a converted QB.

They give up 190 yards rushing to Kansas RB? The let WVU Qb throw for nearly 400 yards. Texas has defensive problems that they have been able to score there way out of mainly due to being on the friendly side of turnovers. Probably lose to OK St again this year and maybe WVU also if not for 4 picks in that one. I don't buy Texas stock at this point. I think they are certainly better than they have been over the last few years, but they're just not there yet.

Florida is playing some great ball on defense and they are my other SEC favorite right now. I really like their style both ways, but lets be honest.... their offense is rather lame. This is a team that needed 3 4th quarter scores to fart out a win at Kentucky. I'm glad we don't have to play them at this point in the season with our point potential probably dropping by about half with Tua out though.

I'm not saying LSU sucks. I just think they are valued a bit high at this point.

"They give up 190 yards rushing to Kansas RB?"

Pooka Williams came into the season as one of the best backs in the country. Rushed for over 1,100 yards as a Freshman. Even in the lousy Big 12, that's solid.

1571674899542.png

I think Texas and Florida are better than Texas A&M and South Carolina. The Florida-South Carolina game was bad officiating, but it was also VERY sloppy weather that handcuffed both offenses. Florida played with a backup quarterback to LSU pretty close all game long until a late pick six and interception in the end zone, and beat Auburn. South Carolina beating Georgia was an anomaly, but we also know Georgia is not near as good as they thought they were this season. Texas-Oklahoma was pretty close actually. Yes, a late touchdown by Texas, but it was within 3-7 points most of the game. Yes, Texas almost lost to Kansas, but we were also pretty close to Tennessee, a far less inferior team that got beat by Georgia State and BYU, through three quarters. We did not dominate Tennessee. Go back to the game thread and see how everyone felt most of the game. Again, I feel Texas and Florida are tougher than anyone we have played.

View attachment 12521

That's a lot of excuses for Florida. Interesting how your situational logic works.

If you watched OU-Texas, which you obviously didn't, OU dominated them all game. Texas is fortunate to not have lost by 28. OU had 9 sacks and Ehlinger couldn't do anything. Ehlinger looked like a Heisman winner vs. LSU.

That's a lot of excuses for Florida. Interesting how your situational logic works.

If you watched OU-Texas, which you obviously didn't, OU dominated them all game. Texas is fortunate to not have lost by 28. OU had 9 sacks and Ehlinger couldn't do anything. Ehlinger looked like a Heisman winner vs. LSU.

Umm, but they didn't. How is my response situational logic, but yours is all opinion with zero logic? You saying that a heavy rain has nothing to do with altering an offense? How often do you see a team air it out in the pouring rain? Florida's defense is better than ours, and maybe the best in the SEC. You know, we technically dominated Clemson in yardage, but they kicked our ass on the scoreboard, so what does your comment tell you?

Umm, but they didn't. How is my response situational logic, but yours is all opinion with zero logic? You saying that a heavy rain has nothing to do with altering an offense? How often do you see a team air it out in the pouring rain? Florida's defense is better than ours, and maybe the best in the SEC. You know, we technically dominated Clemson in yardage, but they kicked our ass on the scoreboard, so what does your comment tell you?

It rained on both teams, champ.

Oklahoma moved the ball all over UT all game. OU clamped down on Texas offense all game. Facts.

Florida has an excellent defense. Good thing it was raining and Hilinski couldn't hit open WRs for TDs as South Carolina was running with good effectiveness on that great Florida defense.

It rained on both teams, champ.

Oklahoma moved the ball all over UT all game. OU clamped down on Texas offense all game. Facts.

Florida has an excellent defense. Good thing it was raining and Hilinski couldn't hit open WRs for TDs as South Carolina was running with good effectiveness on that great Florida defense.

Umm, yeah, I know it rained on both teams, that's why I said that. Both teams were pretty awful on offense even with the points scored. Florida is able to throw the ball more though, and you're just not very astute if you haven't noticed they do have weapons on offense.

Backup quarterback that hasn't started a game since 9th grade too.
1571679444150.png

Once again, doesn't matter what you're saying about Texas and Oklahoma because the score shows that Texas was right there beside Oklahoma a majority of the game, not just at the end. If Oklahoma was so dominate, how come they didn't in fact steamroll Texas like you said should have happened? It's all opinion on your end, no facts. Oklahoma turned the ball over twice, and I don't consider giving up over 300 yards clamping down on anyone.

Attachments

• 1571679276966.png
    1571679276966.png
    3.2 KB · Views: 4
I'm sorry but i agree, we really will have to change our whole scheme for Mac. Tua is ridiculously accurate. Mac is not. Tua hasn't had to run a whole lot this year, because his passes have been right on the money and he has been taking advantage of the check downs. We will have to focus much more on our running game to beat LSU. I feel that even if Tua is not 100%, he still seems better than Mac without any option to run the ball. I feel we will need to slow the game down against LSU anyway. I would be in favor of smart passes and a lot of RB running. Trying to keep the score low and make as few mistakes as possible. Keep Tua from getting hurt any further.

If Mac has to be the guy against LSU I feel we are screwed. Our D has been subpar but improving. Our kicking game is a mess, Punting is improving but subpar, and we have been very very sloppy with penalties unlike any CNS team iv ever seen. Not sure whats going on there. If Mac id our guy against LSU we will have to play way over our heads and LSU will have to crap the bed for us to win.

I don't think it takes a Tua to win, but I do think Taulia offers the ability to run if he can't make a decision or find an open man. Mac, I really like him, just looks like a statue and a guy that has zero chance of getting away from Chaisson, Lawrence, or Divinity. LSU has a very active defensive backfield and everyone likes to joke on how their defense has allowed a ton of points to Vanderbilt, yadda yadda, but Delpit, Fulton, and Stingley are ball players, excellent size, and speed, and I worry about Mac being able to move the ball to our offensive threats on those guys. Taulia, pretty much zero experience, but he has that "it" factor that allows him to play fast and make decisions like his brother.
Don't go "josh" on us here. Saying he has zero chance to escape pressure? Come on, man. Trask was only sacked twice by LSU and he was injured going into the LSU game.

This "very active defensive backfield" you speak of has six teams ranked higher in passing efficiency defense in conference: Auburn and A&M two of those six and we both know what their back seven looks like.

It's not all about what happened at Vandy. That's a small part of the story. It's about what this season has shown thus far. LSU, on defense, is middle of the pack this season (53rd out of 130.) Overall, SEC only: Alabama, UGA, Missouri, Auburn, Florida, UofSC, A&M, Ole Miss, and Mississippi State are all better on defense this season (DFEI.)

Are people right when the say "LSU's defense isn't what it used to be this season?" Oh yeah, they're right. There is no doubt.

Bama vs LSU this year will look like OU vs Texas of the past 4-6 years. The defense that can get a few stops each half might determine the winner. Of course I am planning on #13 being ready to rumble and play very well. No way will Bama beat LSU with #10 running the show. The pressure to put points either get ahead or keep up will be strong.

I'm looking at this without Crimson glasses. I'm praying Tua is able to play and I believe he will. But in the event he doesn't I don't like our chances.
Reason being just look at M. Jones performance he played more than a half and only put up 7 pts against TN. He was 6/11 for 72 yds and a QBR rating of 40.5. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and maybe I'm wrong but I don't think so. LSU will load the box and make us throw and make M. Jones beat them thru the air and I don't think that can happen. JMO.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom