| NEWS Saban gives injury update on Tua Tagovailoa after Tennessee game - 247Sports (tightrope ankle procedure this morning,)

I'm looking at this without Crimson glasses. I'm praying Tua is able to play and I believe he will. But in the event he doesn't I don't like our chances.
Reason being just look at M. Jones performance he played more than a half and only put up 7 pts against TN. He was 6/11 for 72 yds and a QBR rating of 40.5. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and maybe I'm wrong but I don't think so. LSU will load the box and make us throw and make M. Jones beat them thru the air and I don't think that can happen. JMO.

But in that 6/11, how many drops were there? I recall him hitting Tennison dead between the 8’s! There were 1-2 more I believe. People look at the one he skipped to Jeudy on the out route and totally disregard the BB he hit Smith with on the 18-20 yard dig route. Those 2-3 drops likely meant another 25-30 yards at least. Mac will perform better knowing he is QB1 this week and going forward. I too believe that Tua will be ready when the Tigahs come calling on 11/9.

But in that 6/11, how many drops were there? I recall him hitting Tennison dead between the 8’s! There were 1-2 more I believe. People look at the one he skipped to Jeudy on the out route and totally disregard the BB he hit Smith with on the 18-20 yard dig route. Those 2-3 drops likely meant another 25-30 yards at least. Mac will perform better knowing he is QB1 this week and going forward. I too believe that Tua will be ready when the Tigahs come calling on 11/9.
I actually went back and watched the condensed version of the game last night. There were 2 drops, one by the TE and one by Najee (although he made a good grab on another throw by Mac). There was another throw he made that was a dart to Jeudy on a slant. Jeudy got held up a little, which knocked the timing off just enough or else it would have been on the money.

After Mac got sacked, he was a little tentative and throwing off his back foot. That is when he skipped it to Jeudy. He worked through it.

Back
Top Bottom