| FTBL Rebirth in less than 24hrs

RollTide1980

Thread Starter
Verified Member
Extra Point Club
The more I sit here and think about the Tenn game, the more I think about EVERYTHING in respect to Alabama football.

I know winning the game will give us another overall win, it will mean braggin' rights, another SEC win...etc.

HOWEVER...I see something else.

I can't help but think a win against Tenn will give Coach Saban his first "signature" win at Bama. Granted this game is a toss up according to Vegas, but I think more people are leaning towards a Vols win.

We have our "leader" in place in respect to Saban and I can't help but think this could be a "line in the sand" turning point. After the blowout win over Florida, "Bama was back"...many thought. I however, was not one of those people.

We still had many issues and even that HUGE win didn't give me the impression that we were progressing and moving forward. We just played a great game...that was all.

With Saban as the coach and the fact we KNOW FOR A FACT the best days are just around the corner, I feel a win over the Vols will turn the Tide.

I could be totally wrong and totally stupid. If we get destroyed by Tenn then I'll be the first to admit we still need more time, but I do feel a win will change everything.

Some games are BIGGER than a single game, this is one of those situations, in my opinion. This is a critical chance for change and I think if we beat the Vols, we will officially become ALABAMA again and not just some cheap imposters of the glory days.

Does that mean we're gonna win every game for the rest of history...no. BUT...this win will give us a "mindset change", in my opinion.

I think over the last 8 years Bama has kinda "accepted" losing. That could change in a few hours.

Every team loses games but the moment you accept defeat is the same moment you can EXPECT to continue being defeated. I'm tired of "accepting" and Saturday is the day to fix it!!

I'm not a fortune teller and don't claim to know it all. All I can do is hope! My hope is that once Coach Saban is finished at Alabama, everyone will look back on the '07 Bama/Tenn game and say...

"This is the game where everything changed..."

Just my thoughts! :)

ROLL TIDE!!!!!

~Bryan
 

RollTide1980

Thread Starter
Verified Member
Extra Point Club
Thanks, all! :)

Sorry, but I'm a Journalism major! LOL! I'm the Sports Editor for my University paper and have been writing sports articles for years!

Sometimes my "deeper" posts will probably turn into articles! LOL!

I've been thinking about the opinion I shared for several days. I just feel in my soul, this is our time. The stage is being set for us, b/c nobody on a national stage or even a local stage seems to care about this game.

Nationally: Pushed to 11:30 on Lincoln Financial

Locally: Does AUB have a shot to beat LSU??

I just feel this is our time. Could be wrong...but could be right. Who knows??

~Bryan
 

Swamptick

Verified Member
Scholarship Club
RollTide1980 said:
I think over the last 8 years Bama has kinda "accepted" losing. That could change in a few hours.

I agree. The mindset has changed in the coaching staff...now we just need the players to accept it.

RollTide1980 said:
I'm tired of "accepting" and Saturday is the day to fix it!!

Quote for TRUTH!!

RollTide1980 said:
My hope is that once Coach Saban is finished at Alabama

..in 35 years :wink:

This was a great post man. I hope you are right in terms of the win. I know you are right in terms of it's significance.
 

bamabass23

Verified Member
Sideline Club
I also have had a similar feeling. I feel like if we win tomorrow, we might have a new, restored ball team on our hands..and possibly be a contender in the SEC west. Call me dumb if you will but I think many take us for granted. Yes we blow big leads and dont execute offensively or defensivel sometimes sometimes but the potential is there. If all sides of the ball could just click at once...man what team.


During the Arkansas game when we were up like 28-0, my husband said to a fellow Georgia fan " Man, we are going to have our hands full next weekend." I just smiled. It felt good to know we were feared.

I may be dreaming way too hard but this team can't be left out of the SEC championship yet. I know technically more than likely they should but like RollTide1980 has stated:

"This is the game where everything changed..."
 

bamabass23

Verified Member
Sideline Club
bamabass23 said:
I also have had a similar feeling. I feel like if we win tomorrow, we might have a new, restored ball team on our hands..and possibly be a contender in the SEC west. Call me dumb if you will but I think many take us for granted. Yes we blow big leads and dont execute offensively or defensivel sometimes sometimes but the potential is there. If all sides of the ball could just click at once...man what team.


During the Arkansas game when we were up like 28-0, my husband said to a fellow Georgia fan " Man, we are going to have our hands full next weekend." I just smiled. It felt good to know we were feared.

I may be dreaming way too hard but this team can't be left out of the SEC championship yet. I know technically more than likely they should but like RollTide1980 has stated:

"This is the game where everything changed..."

Sorry really bad grammar and spelling...
 
G

Guest

Great post 1980. I'm tired of the losing as well. :cry: I've spent thousands of dollars on tickets, hotels, gas and food for gameday weekends over the years. I've only seen ONE big win for Alabama since 1999, and that was the 6-3 win vs. UT in 2005 (yes, sadly I missed the Florida game of the century to go to Hawaii instead).

I choose to spend the time and money because I love Alabama football, but I am ready for some rewards (for all of us) along the way. It has been a tough, tough decade thus far. I'm all for being patient, but I sure hope the waiting will be shorter than longer. :)

Tomorrow would be a fine day to start the winning.
 

kudzu

<img class="alignleft" src="http://www.rolltidebam
Century Club
Excelent reading. A win would be a great confidence boost. That's something that could go along way in the next few games.
 

RollTide1980

Thread Starter
Verified Member
Extra Point Club
bear facts said:
Amen to all!

Kudos on the post, Bryan!

Thanks! :)

I meant every word I said, but I also hope it was a good tool to get everyone fired up!!

Coaches and players make a team, but "never quit" fans are the glue to any program. Let our actions speak!!!

~Bryan
 

BarnBurner

Verified Member
Sideline Club
BamaDelta said:
Great post 1980. I'm tired of the losing as well. :cry: I've spent thousands of dollars on tickets, hotels, gas and food for gameday weekends over the years. I've only seen ONE big win for Alabama since 1999, and that was the 6-3 win vs. UT in 2005 (yes, sadly I missed the Florida game of the century to go to Hawaii instead).

I choose to spend the time and money because I love Alabama football, but I am ready for some rewards (for all of us) along the way. It has been a tough, tough decade thus far. I'm all for being patient, but I sure hope the waiting will be shorter than longer. :)

Tomorrow would be a fine day to start the winning.



I read this and laughed because I have just read an SI.com article talking about USC fans. Now that USC has experienced a bump in their 5 year path of PAC-10 dominance the fans have really shown themselves to be fair weather fans. It really makes me proud to be a Bama fan and knowing that our fans stick around regardless of what happens. This is my favorite quote from that article:


Just as surprising as USC's performance this season has been the reaction from USC fans to their now struggling Trojans. There have been more than 20,000 empty seats at the Coliseum for USC's last three home games, with attendance diminishing every week since the season opener, and those that have come to the games have booed the team coming off the field at halftime the last two weeks. Listening to cardinal-and-gold clad fans booing a team that has won more than 92 percent of its games over the past five seasons called to mind Barry Switzer's famous quote while he coached a similarly dominant Oklahoma team, which too fell on hard times, in the 1980s: "We create these giant football monsters when we win. They are voracious and we have to feed them every year!"
 

bamafan850

Verified Member
Sideline Club
bamabass23 said:
bamabass23 said:
I also have had a similar feeling. I feel like if we win tomorrow, we might have a new, restored ball team on our hands..and possibly be a contender in the SEC west. Call me dumb if you will but I think many take us for granted. Yes we blow big leads and dont execute offensively or defensivel sometimes sometimes but the potential is there. If all sides of the ball could just click at once...man what team.


During the Arkansas game when we were up like 28-0, my husband said to a fellow Georgia fan " Man, we are going to have our hands full next weekend." I just smiled. It felt good to know we were feared.

I may be dreaming way too hard but this team can't be left out of the SEC championship yet. I know technically more than likely they should but like RollTide1980 has stated:

"This is the game where everything changed..."

Sorry really bad grammar and spelling...

Yes, I know a lot of people that post on here are in college. This is a message board not an essay that will be graded by a professor. Come on! :lol:
 

TerryP

Misomaniac
Ivory Club
I have had a sneaking suspicion since the Arkansas game that was confirmed through an article and quote I caught earlier this week. I can't recall which defensive player said it, but it was along the lines of the coaching staff having more faith in the players ability than the players themselves have had.

That speaks volumes.

While we don't have the talent on hand to be equated with the upper echelon in the NCAA, we do have enough to make some game breaking decisions. Like you, last night I was thinking about how this very well could be a big game. BIG.

We've talked about the players buying into the Saban philosophy. They still haven't reached that point yet. They are getting there, but, still have a ways to go.
 

SpecThis

Verified Member
Extra Point Club
I HATE ORANGE!!!!!!!!

Shut down the VOLume!

And Crush the Big Orange!

30 min away! Krispy Kream donuts on sale inside stadium breezeways. Students....you know what to do.
 
Top Bottom