| FTBL Petrino resigns as Falcons coach...

Well he left them high and dry with 3 games left. At least Saban stayed for the end of the season.
I'll bet they don't crucify him anywhere near what they did to Saban.

Oh, I'm sure that no one will make a noise at all about him going back on his word not to leave the Falcons. By the way, I'm appyling for that job. No one else will take it, and I'll work for $70,000 a year. No kidding.

They practically crucified Coach Nick Saban last year for saying he wasn't going to leave the Dolphins and then leaving. I expect that Petrino should get the same attention. Alas, Arkansas isn't Bama, and this will get hardly any pub at all outside of Atlanta or Fayetteville.

EDIT: One more note. The SEC West is in the middle of an arms race, in which Mutually Assured Destruction will be the only result. Somehow, LSU managed to land in the BCS title game, even though they not only had two losses, but both losses were IN CONFERENCE. I don't expect anyone to come out of the SEC West undefeated, ever again.

Tider 27 said:
I kind of called this. I said in jest that Arkansas and Michigan might be waiting for their guys...much like Bama. :?

Edit:

Posted: Dec 10th at 7:39 pm
Tider 27 said:
Michigan and Arkansas could very well end up like Bama. Waiting out for a big name coach...and coming up big.

Someone touch me twice. :D

I ain't too bad either...

Posted: Dec 10th at 4:08 pm

RollTideRandy said:
I wouldn't be totally shocked if Petrino ended up taking the Ark job.

RollTideRandy said:
Tider 27 said:
I kind of called this. I said in jest that Arkansas and Michigan might be waiting for their guys...much like Bama. :?

Edit:

Tider 27 said:
Michigan and Arkansas could very well end up like Bama. Waiting out for a big name coach...and coming up big.

RollTideRandy said:

27 & Randy, it's narcissistic to quote yourself. And unsanitary. :D

Sauce said:
So is ESPN gonna make Petrino out to be a snake just like they did CNS? He told Mr. Blank YESTERDAY that he was staying for another year and that he was not at all interested in going back to college; and today he resigns. I bet all the ESPN imps will give him a pass. Can't wait to hear Cowherd tomorrow make excuses for him :roll:

Oh, they didn't let an another opportunity to bash Saban pass them by. I was listening to ESPN radio the second this happened and it only took about two minutes for Ron Jaworski to say, "Well, at least he didn't turn this into a circus like Saban did last year." I have no idea why these guys have suck a b**er for Nick. :roll:

It Takes Eleven said:
RollTideRandy said:
Tider 27 said:

Edit:

Tider 27 said:

RollTideRandy said:

27 & Randy, it's narcissistic to quote yourself. And unsanitary. :D

Nonsense, it's a healthy boost....to our egos. :D

Barner luck!

Do you think Lowder and the Barner "brain" trust are looking for a building to jump-off tonight? If they had just let Tubby go to Arkansas they could have had the man of their dreams - Petrino! Now he's in the SEC West to make their life hell. Go Hogs! Roll Tide!

Birdman37 said:
wow, one year and u give up? no respect from me. the Falcons are the only TEAM i root for in the NFL (i root for all Bama players tho). pathetic.

The Falcons Message boards used to have some guy saying "Only time will tell..." Petrino is a man who wasn't up to the challenge and probably lied to Arthur Blank too.
Also, Coach Petrino never looked comfortable in the Atlanta press conferences...

Back
Top Bottom