| FTBL OSU vs Texas

BD91

Verified Member
If the cowboys beats the longhorns does that mean Bama will move to number 1 given that we beat The Vols, are will we be bypassed and Penn st take the top spot.Hell Texas beat OU when they where ranked 5th now considering that texas jumped from 5 to 1 is it possible that the cowboys can be vaulted to the top spot? I have to wonder about the Ap polls but I trust the BCS!

Unless we lose I don't expect there to be a situation where Penn State passes us in the BCS, I really don't want to be number #1 until AFTER the BCS title game however :)

As long as we keep winning we will stay in the top two in the BCS rankings, which is all that really matters. OSU, even should they beat Texas, still has to play Oklahoma and Texas Tech. Their odds for running the table aren't good.

A Finebaum caller posed an interesting question. Assuming Bama, Texas and Penn Stae all keep on winning. Suppose that Joe Pa, a couple of games before the end of the season, announces that this is his last one. Would that vault Penn State into the NC game?

psychojoe said:
A Finebaum caller posed an interesting question. Assuming Bama, Texas and Penn Stae all keep on winning. Suppose that Joe Pa, a couple of games before the end of the season, announces that this is his last one. Would that vault Penn State into the NC game?

Mathematically, they wouldn't jump Bama in the computer polls unless we took a tumble, undefeated, in those polls than they jumped to the #1 slot in those polls as well.

If they do remain undefeated, and win their bowl game w/o playing in the BCS game, I wouldn't be surprised to see a repeat of 2003 scenario with the BCS and AP poll being different.

Back
Top Bottom