| NEWS "Not if...When." — Bama in the NFL Draft, '17. (Mock Draft's project player rounds.)

If Fournette goes inside the top 5, the Panthers may look at McCaffery at 8. The Panthers definitely need a rb at some point. Stewart is all they have and he is declining. Scarborough would be a borderline first rounder with this class. Outside of Fournette, McCaffrey, and Cook I would be shocked to see another rb. Mixon and Kamara will be day 2 guys. I do think 3 rb go rd 1

Cleveland better do some serious soul searching and pick their QB or trade out. Reuben will be a first rounder and the Ravens make as much sense as anything at #16. Right now there is so much misinformation out there I'm taking the home boys and just sit back and enjoy the draft.

Reuben will never fall to 16.

Allen is going lower than that on some mocks. Would be shocked if he goes top 5

Allen is going lower because, strangely, the bigger need for some of these teams is in the secondary.

Cleveland would be wise to choose Allen - will be a dependable starter and leader for YEARS, but they will go on the measurables... Garrett will be good, but not great, in my opinion.

Garrett a No. 1 pick? Sapp says 'No, no, no'

A shrewd team, maybe Jacksonville, could draft Allen, and get value for him, such as switching first round picks essentially, and adding a 3rd rounder. But I would agree, based on what I saw, that he will likely go 8-9.

We will be surprised how high OJ will go, maybe top 10.

And I don't care what's gone on with Reuben, he is a perfect NFL LB, and will go no lower than 11.

I don't know if Cam Rob gets taken first round - he's often projected at 25. He is not considered an elite tackle, and either a right tackle, or a guard (he would be an amazing guard).

Marlon will go in the first round, on potential and measurables alone.

Reuben will never fall to 16.

I don't either. Reuben is the most "impactful" defensive player in the draft and pro scouts watch a lot of film. Just don't think he could drop any lower than 16. His major competition at LB is Davis and Peppers and one of them just had some bad press of his own. If Reuben is not the 1st LB taken, it would be insanely stupid.

Think some of you guys are over valuing Foster as a top 11 pick

Because the talent isn't there or the NFL drug policy?

4d71ff64d696c81379ad65c97f1fd9c5.jpg

If Fournette goes inside the top 5, the Panthers may look at McCaffery at 8. The Panthers definitely need a rb at some point. Stewart is all they have and he is declining. Scarborough would be a borderline first rounder with this class. Outside of Fournette, McCaffrey, and Cook I would be shocked to see another rb. Mixon and Kamara will be day 2 guys. I do think 3 rb go rd 1

What kills me (while you may be right) is how easy it could be to get a veteran to help your running game, for a good price (think LaGarrette Blount) and use your top 5 pick (Jags) on SOMETHING besides a RB - they have Yeldon. Get an offensive lineman to block for the RBs, or get a stud LB (Foster, etc). Hell, see if you can trade back and get more picks - Lord knows they need help.

The Panthers do need a RB, but should it be someone who can take punishment? Or someone who can be a speedster and catch passes. They have had the former (Stewart) - are they going to go in a different direction, which would be McCaffery?

Certainly Ezekiel Elliot does appear to be worth what the Cowboys used to get him, but the value is NOT in RBs - if I think I have a chance with Kamara, Mixon, etc in the 2nd I am passing on the great talent of Fournette in the first, as well as McCaffery.

Browns should trade out of one and get picks. They need everything. I wish Reuben would fall to the Skins but he won't and I think Carolina does go RB early.

That is what I have been saying for weeks. Cleveland needs help in many places. Trade the first pick and go down and get multiple picks. 2nd and 3rd round additional picks would be of more value than the 1st pick in the long haul. As of now, the Browns have more picks in this draft than any other NFL team. Stockpile for the this year and next.

Back
Top Bottom