| NEWS "Not if...When." — Bama in the NFL Draft, '17. (Mock Draft's project player rounds.)

I have to say I agree with @Destiny's Child. You do not take a QB now unless they are a sure fire starter from day 1 and that is very tough to do in the NFL. Running backs can be picked up in later rounds that can provide stability for most teams. Why waste guaranteed money that early, go for another player here. I do not know what it is but Humphrey is not a 1st round pick IMO. It is not that I do not like him but if he goes to Philly at 14 the fan base there will crucify him. 2nd or 3rd round I can agree on that. I do wish him well. Williams can be a steal in the late 2nd-4th round. If I am Cleveland, I am trading picks 1 and 12 for a stock pile of picks.

I promise we won't crucify him, but if his play sucks, he better get used to criticism.

We are gunning for a CB or RB, and that seems to be what all signs from team brass are pointing to.

I agree that these qbs don't have they hype but Watson, Trubisky, Kizer, Mahomes will all be picked in the top 40 or so although I will be surprised if any get past round 1. Lot of teams need qb. Then you have Cardinals and Saints who are looking at an aging qb.

I'm glad I don't have to take a flier on the #1 pick in a couple of weeks. No way Myles Garrett is getting that pick. Athleticism galore but I can't think of a game he dominated and could say he won for the aggies. Against Bama, he was less than average and it's precisely these big games where the biggest stars show up. I'm not even sure he was ever able to stay on the field the entire game against us, much less make a difference or inspire others to do the same with his attitude. NO FREAKIN WAY!!

I'm glad I don't have to take a flier on the #1 pick in a couple of weeks. No way Myles Garrett is getting that pick. Athleticism galore but I can't think of a game he dominated and could say he won for the aggies. Against Bama, he was less than average and it's precisely these big games where the biggest stars show up. I'm not even sure he was ever able to stay on the field the entire game against us, much less make a difference or inspire others to do the same with his attitude. NO FREAKIN WAY!!

If I am the Browns I trade the Number 1 pick for a QB and another pick or so. No way I take would I take Myles either but I think that is who everyone is all giddy about. He has awesome athleticism and measureables but he has always seemed soft to me and the NFL will find you out quick if you are soft. He continually took plays off and seemed very full of himself, so I agree.. he wouldn't be my first pick. I will say though when he is plugged in a motivated he is dominant.

Jonathon Allen was a leader, always plugged in, always dominant but has a history of shoulder issues. But for me if I am the Browns and I can't find a trade I go Allen, Solomon Thomas, or Lattimore. They need players everywhere and they need picks of the best available. With this QB Class.. try to trade for experience or wait till the 3rd and pick up a Kelly from Ole Miss or 2nd round for Deshaun Watson.

If I am the Browns I trade the Number 1 pick for a QB and another pick or so. No way I take would I take Myles either but I think that is who everyone is all giddy about. He has awesome athleticism and measureables but he has always seemed soft to me and the NFL will find you out quick if you are soft. He continually took plays off and seemed very full of himself, so I agree.. he wouldn't be my first pick. I will say though when he is plugged in a motivated he is dominant.

Jonathon Allen was a leader, always plugged in, always dominant but has a history of shoulder issues. But for me if I am the Browns and I can't find a trade I go Allen, Solomon Thomas, or Lattimore. They need players everywhere and they need picks of the best available. With this QB Class.. try to trade for experience or wait till the 3rd and pick up a Kelly from Ole Miss or 2nd round for Deshaun Watson.

I agree and the only reason that Texas A&M dropped off severely each of his 3 seasons is because the players were not consistent. Even Clowney's college exploits are more vivid to me now than anything I can think about Garrett. If Cleveland can't make heads or tails beyond Garrett, they should trade down and maybe someone will panic enough to give 2 number ones out of the swap. But the better bet is that the Browns are gonna do what Browns do. UGH!

Making a Mock Draft is simply a crapshoot. Everyone of these "experts" claims to know what the needs of each team are, DB, QB, OLB, OL, etc. The problem is, only the GM and the staff know which one is their most urgent need. To sit around and say that these 4 QBs are the best and will go 1st round or these 3 RBs are the best and will definitely go 1st is just a guess at best. Cleveland goes through QBs like shit thru a goose! Does that mean that QB is their #1 priority or could it be that their OL play is horrible and need immediate help there? Or could it be that their defense is God awful and need help in pass rushers. Could be a combination of all!! These teams that have these Top 5-10 picks need more of a 2 or 3 for 1 deal instead of trying to throw it on the back of one guy, whether it be Watson at QB or Garrett at DE. Their problems go deeper than just one spot. JMHO

Yes many problems. So usually the top 10 picks are the top 10 players because teams draft best available since they have so many needs. However, some teams definitely need help in certain positions more than others. Other players aren't that much better than the guys behind them at their position so you can wait on that position. A good example is there is not an OT worth a top 5 pick but there are multiple defensive players. Other than QB and Fournette the top 10 picks should be defense. I think Dalvin Cook is sliding from a potential top 10 pick to mid first

Browns should trade down if they can. Now if they can't I do not like Myles G either but who would you pick? I love picking OL and DL early but I do not see that one guy that is a can't miss. I love J. Allen but that could be cause I am a homer.

I could see a scenario that Cam Robinson could be taken at #9, but Cincy is such a Bama homer, Reuben and Allen are also an educated guess based on needs at that pick.

Marlon could actually drop in the lap of the Cowboys at #28, but he obviously wouldn't be the first CB taken. Come on Cowboys.

This guy is a Garrett homer. I have no doubt that Myles is a special athlete but he seems lazy and arrogant at times. He compares him to Clowney which is kind of the same way. Allen will be a bigger contributor over the long haul but may not generate the same numbers or flash. Browns and the other teams at the top of the draft don't need flash they need substance.

This guy is a Garrett homer. I have no doubt that Myles is a special athlete but he seems lazy and arrogant at times. He compares him to Clowney which is kind of the same way. Allen will be a bigger contributor over the long haul but may not generate the same numbers or flash. Browns and the other teams at the top of the draft don't need flash they need substance.

Arrogant? Are you referring to things he's said recently with regards to the draft? If so, I'd argue that's him playing the game.

Hard to forecast or predict who's gonna be a bigger contributor over the long haul, injuries have a way of ending careers earlier than players expect. Coaches also have a way of impacting players (see Clowney and Garrett as perfect examples). If I were a GM, I'd have a really hard time passing on Garrett and I'm not a homer.

Arrogant? Are you referring to things he's said recently with regards to the draft? If so, I'd argue that's him playing the game.

Hard to forecast or predict who's gonna be a bigger contributor over the long haul, injuries have a way of ending careers earlier than players expect. Coaches also have a way of impacting players (see Clowney and Garrett as perfect examples). If I were a GM, I'd have a really hard time passing on Garrett and I'm not a homer.

I think Allen is more versatile, committed, focused, polished and less of a premadonna (sp) than Garrett. These things help you fit in better with a group of NFL players than flash and talk. When you fit in better your teammates around you work to help you more and overall it helps the whole defense play better. Last time I heard, doing your job well and making your team and teammates around you better makes you a better contributor than a guy who can only play on passing downs and runs off at the mouth. Let's face it Garrett has never played the run very well.

Yet I think someone desperate for a pass rusher will take him early in the draft and I expect Allen to fall between 10-15. The Johnny Manzeil, Pacman Jones, Chad Johnson type of playing the game, self promoter crap normally leads to their destruction more times than not. It also alienates them from the veterans on the team which is very counter productive for their careers.

Back
Top Bottom