North Georgia trout fishing.

Dalton Tider

Verified Member
Has anybody fished for trout in the North Ga mountains? I am addicted to it and my favorrite stress relief. Winter time trout fishing is great and I rarely see anybody fishing through the colder months.

Wow, that's a beauty. I've never been trout fishing, it's on my list of things to do.

My Dad's among the best crappie fisherman (his own jigs only, no minnows and only one rod) in the nation, and I don't say that lightly. He's also a master at landing big fish with ultralight tackle. He landed a 50 pound catfish on Logan Martin with a 4 pound test rig, and many catfish and stripe in the 10 to 25 pound range.

RTR,

Tim

Fly fishing?

I've been toying around with the idea of getting into fly fishing. With work and kid commitments, not sure I would be able to fit it in like I want to.

Planning on making a 2 week trip to Montana late next summer, so wanted to be fully immersed by then.

I fish the Toccoa River. It is a big stream for trout fishing considering Georgia standards. I fished the Toccoa today and caught some nice rainbows and one nice 16 inch brook trout. Most people would be amazed at the excellent trout fishing this far south in Georgia. It is good river to whip a fly rod around with plenty of room.

Back
Top Bottom