| OT What are your Memorial Day weekend plans? Plus a homework assignment...

I've played a few rounds in my lifetime. It's about like any other sport: tone down your expectations and just play the game. It's easier than you may realize.
I had a hard time keeping my club face open for the longest time and getting a nasty slice. Part of the problem too was I would try to smack the shit out of the ball. Finally had a round of lessons where the guy told me just let the club do all the work and it'll come more naturally. Haven't fixed my slice yet, but I'm striking a WHOLE lot better.

I had a hard time keeping my club face open for the longest time and getting a nasty slice. Part of the problem too was I would try to smack the shit out of the ball. Finally had a round of lessons where the guy told me just let the club do all the work and it'll come more naturally. Haven't fixed my slice yet, but I'm striking a WHOLE lot better.

Roll your right hand over for a "stronger" grip. Also, make sure you finish your swing and don't end "open". See if that helps.

I had a hard time keeping my club face open for the longest time and getting a nasty slice. Part of the problem too was I would try to smack the shit out of the ball. Finally had a round of lessons where the guy told me just let the club do all the work and it'll come more naturally. Haven't fixed my slice yet, but I'm striking a WHOLE lot better.5i
Go to the range. Take a towel. Roll it up and tuck in both arms. Start with a 8-7i ...just swing, but DON"T drop the towel. Move to your D as you go from the 7i to the 5i...then do the same with your 5w and move down the the D.

Consider the mechanics of the swing. It's muscle training...and a $1 towel works. It's not about being wild...it's about being compact.

Started the grilling today with Momofuku's Bo Ssam, highly recommend it if you've never tried it, basically Korean style pork butt. We're going to craters of the moon and idaho falls tomorrow so probably grab something at a brewery. Sunday ribeyes and Monday ribs then head to Yellowstone for 2 weeks Tuesday.

I would like to remember those lost on the USS Cole especially EW1 Rux and EW2 Owens. I was in combat when the Admiral asked our CO on a conference call to get fuel in Yemen. Our CO said he didn't feel comfortable pulling in there, the CO of the Cole rogered up and said they would take it. I was an EW on the USS Normandy and it could have easily been us in that blast so the deaths of those two guys hit home with me. I appreciate all who made the ultimate sacrifice for us and our country.

We went to Yellowstone last year (arrive out there on 5/31), spent about 11 days between there and GTNP (which wasn't nearly enough time). But man it was a blast. I want to go back soon. Have you been before?

Appreciate you adding the USS Cole stuff... I remember that well from when it hit the news that day...

We went to Yellowstone last year (arrive out there on 5/31), spent about 11 days between there and GTNP (which wasn't nearly enough time). But man it was a blast. I want to go back soon. Have you been before?

Appreciate you adding the USS Cole stuff... I remember that well from when it hit the news that day...
Did you do any of the Grand Teton Loop? That, The Enchantments and John Muir are all on my list.

I have, we came out for 10 or 11 days on our first rv trip about 10 years ago and have been wanting to get back ever since. This is our third year of full time travel, did both coasts first and now the interior. Would've liked to have stayed in GT as well but nowhere to park my rig. Jenny lake is one of my wife's favorite places so I'm sure we'll get down that way some. We're going up to Glacier after Yellowstone, never been so excited to see that one as well.

Think about the Cole quite often and how different it could've been if our CO hadn't made the call he did. He went on to make Admiral, never met an officer who deserved it more.

I have, we came out for 10 or 11 days on our first rv trip about 10 years ago and have been wanting to get back ever since. This is our third year of full time travel, did both coasts first and now the interior. Would've liked to have stayed in GT as well but nowhere to park my rig. Jenny lake is one of my wife's favorite places so I'm sure we'll get down that way some. We're going up to Glacier after Yellowstone, never been so excited to see that one as well.

Think about the Cole quite often and how different it could've been if our CO hadn't made the call he did. He went on to make Admiral, never met an officer who deserved it more.
@Krimson what rig are you using to travel full time?

@Krimson what rig are you using to travel full time?
Have a 3500 silverado dually and a 40' solitude fifth wheel. If we didn't have kids we would've gone with a class a and a toad to make in town driving easier but have 3 daughters at home so needed a fifth wheel with a bunkhouse to try to give them some space as most of the class a bunks were just slide outs off a main room. I mean no option really has much room but it was the best option we found. Started with 22 in both but got struck by lightning in California last year and fried the camper so have a 24 camper now.

Glacier is on our list... the locals in Bozeman that we were around said they liked it better than YNP. If it is better/nicer, it must really be something else. Have fun on the trip! Share some photos with us when you return!

“Monday [tomorrow] will be the most expensive holiday on the calendar. Every hot dog, every burger, every spin around the lake, or drink with friends and family…is a debt…purchased by others. This is not about all who’ve served our country…that day comes in the fall. This one is in honor of those who paid in life and blood; whose moms never saw them again, whose dads wept in private, whose wives raised kids alone, and whose kids only remembered them from pictures. This isn’t simply a day off. This is a day to remember — that others paid for every free breath you ever get to take.”

Back
Top Bottom