| FTBL Run fits against Georgia. Roll Tide!!!

Georgia is in 21 personel. Lawson takes his read step, fill the "B" gap, shuffles downhill while keeping his hips and shoulders square, and close in on Milton for loss on the play. Fantastic job by Lawson fitting this run, read his keys perfectly, diagnosed the play as it progressed and made a big time play in a big time game. This is what we've missed, our linebackers having the confidence to trust their eyes and making the play, also is a testament to coaching as well. I am ecstatic with what Bala has done with this ILB group this season.

Our D-line played great yesterday. They manhandled them for most of the game, pass rush was consistent, stuffed them running the ball. I'm extremely proud of how this D-line has progressed this season.
I've been critical of Roach. I'm not sure that's him, or Steele holding him accountable for coaching. I understand it to be the latter: "carry your weight" message.

Georgia is in 12 personel. They Motion one the tight ends(which is an indicator of where the play will be going). Watch Arnold beat that Tight ends block and make the play, Kool Aid works himself free, and Campbell read the the play immediately, flowed over and worked through traffic to get to the ball, and then Moore at the end also in on the play. That's 4 guys around the ball carrier.... that was fantastic team defense. Also, watch the push the D-line gets, if they've have ran it between the tackles, they weren't gonna get it. We won this play in all phases.

I'm still pissed off about DL recruiting...another thread, another day. I think he's lazy. But, that's me.
He's recruited well, weve got a couple of guys this class and in the next that are gonna be good. This class of freshman should be good in the future.There has certainly been players weve missed out on, that I wish we landed. We keep playing like this in the front, it's gonna be a good recruiting tool for him going forward.

I'm watching bits and pieces of this game this morning (don't know why) and the one thing that strikes me is how Bama moves to a "40 front" and Georgia still can't run the ball.

I've mentioned this a few times over the last few years. While UGA has a solid offense, they don't run the ball like they have in the past.

Back
Top Bottom