Moving to Syracuse because I GOT A JOB

PhillyGirl

Thank you to everyone who offered me prayers, good thoughts, good luck, etc.

I just got the call and I will be a study abroad advisor at Syracuse University!!!

Does anyone know anything about the area, or know of any Bama groups there? Lol. I can't even think straight I am so excited but trying to find a Bama group is still a top priority!

Awesome, congrats...was curious how your job hunt was coming along.

A buddy of mine went to Syracuse Film School back in the late 90s. The Navy sent him there for a year...pretty sweet deal. What do you want to know? I'll ask him.

i don't know of any BAMA groups there, but there will be at least one awesome BAMA fan there.....you.

congratulations on the new job and i hope you have a great time both doing the job and living in a new place. good luck with everything and make sure to post some pics of the new place and the city of syracuse (or wherever you will actually live if it's not in syracuse).

congrats again and good luck with the move. i can't say i'm envious of you on that part...never did like moving; even though i've done it about 11 times.

Congratulations, PhillyGirl. The only downside is being around all that orange. Maybe you can get some allergy shots before you move.

There is an alumni association chapter in Rochester, which is reasonably near Syracuse. No chapter in Syracuse. There is a very large chapter in NYC.

Congratulations, PhillyGirl. The only downside is being around all that orange. Maybe you can get some allergy shots before you move.

There is an alumni association chapter in Rochester, which is reasonably near Syracuse. No chapter in Syracuse. There is a very large chapter in NYC.
When I saw the thread on the front page that was the first thing that crossed my mind.

You won't find anything that's orange in my house.

If I have to get something for the house, first stop is Ace, second Lowes, and if I exhaust all other possibilities then I'll force myself to shop at Home Depot—it's the orange.

Sooo, it begs the question. Does a Bama fan get a pass if they wear orange due to their employer? :headscratch:

I'm happy for you, Jill. But, I'm waiting your decision on how you'll handle this precarious decision.

When I saw the thread on the front page that was the first thing that crossed my mind.

You won't find anything that's orange in my house.

If I have to get something for the house, first stop is Ace, second Lowes, and if I exhaust all other possibilities then I'll force myself to shop at Home Depot—it's the orange.

Sooo, it begs the question. Does a Bama fan get a pass if they wear orange due to their employer? :headscratch:

I'm happy for you, Jill. But, I'm waiting your decision on how you'll handle this precarious decision.

At my interview, we went out to a nice dinner and were talking sports. Mentioned I was a Bama fan and one of the gals said, "So you can handle being part of the Syracuse Orange family?" and I grimaced haha. I will limit the orange in my wardrobe. Maybe I can find a nice plain shirt with Otto on it or something instead of a full blown (vomit) orange tee .. Though I do have a Flyers shirt!

Good to know! I will be in touch with them haha.

It's funny because yesterday afternoon I finally found the Philly chapter .. They have an event on the 24th with Brandon Gibson.

LOL my office is across the street from several major frat houses .. apparently on the Fridays before football games, and on big basketball game days, the entire road is full of tailgaters and Greeks. Apparently we close up shop early on those days haha. #1 Party School!

@PhillyGirl I just want to know if you can wear Alabama gear to work on Friday? On second thought, it may not be a good idea. I dont think you will get too much grief during football season but I am sure you will hear plenty during basketball.

Best of luck as you start your new job!

Back
Top Bottom