| FTBL Move the SEC championship Game [Nashville stadium update]

Atlanta is the busiest airport in the WORLD. Flights connect through Atlanta because it is a large commerce hub. You can fly almost anywhere in the world, non-stop, from Atlanta. Planes are capable of flying from Miami to NY without needing a stopping point.

I’m just presenting the facts of why Atlanta was chosen and what any other city has to compete with. Cities like Nashville have an uphill battle to replace Atlanta unless the SEC first decides that a new city will be chosen and Atlanta is out of the running.

I know that Nashville is a dynamic and entertaining city. I never said it wasn’t. But, there are several advantages that Atlanta has that Nashville doesn’t.
But still, Atlanta is an armpit

I simply don't like Nashville anymore because it's the new Miami. Bunch of drunks going around acting stupid. Love Music Row and what it used to be, but just not my kind of place anymore. It's a mix of Miami and what I can imagine Austin is like form what I hear. Too much artsy culture and people looking for Tik Tok and Instagram moments to post and brag about how unbelievable their life is. I'd go to Nashville, I'm not repulsed by it by any means, just not my scene, and would honestly cost an arm and a leg. Why would I want to pay that if I have a shot at paying very similar to go to a Playoff game and possibly a Natty? But I understand not everyone is from Atlanta and is having to do exactly what I don't want to do to get to Atlanta, so I get it.

Atlanta honestly offers you everything Nashville does. Atlanta freaking sucks in areas, yes, but Buckhead is a quick ride where you can find upscale bars and any food you would ever want. They have also revamped areas around Mercedes Benz that make them fine spots to hang before and after the game. College Football Hall of Fame is great, Aquarium, World of Coke all within an Uncle Rico throw of the stadium. Ponce City Market very close by too. The Varsity, The Fox, I could keep rattling off plenty of places people frequent from all over the world. It's not as shitty as folks are trying to make it here, but I also understand the shittyness that can happen really quick there as well.

That being said, I want it in Atlanta for selfish reasons, proximity. It was awesome to take my son to his first Alabama game when he was two years old when we played Missouri. Couldn't have done that most likely being six hours away from a financial standpoint at that point in my life. So yes, I'll always side with Atlanta because of that within my life.

Last edited:
I simply don't like Nashville anymore because it's the new Miami. Bunch of drunks going around acting stupid. Love Music Row and what it used to be, but just not my kind of place anymore. It's a mix of Miami and what I can imagine Austin is like form what I hear. Too much artsy culture and people looking for Tik Tok and Instagram moments to post and brag about how unbelievable their life is. I'd go to Nashville, I'm not repulsed by it by any means, just not my scene, and would honestly cost an arm and a leg. Why would I want to pay that if I have a shot at paying very similar to go to a Playoff game and possibly a Natty? But I understand not everyone is from Atlanta and is having to do exactly what I don't want to do to get to Atlanta, so I get it.

Atlanta honestly offers you everything Nashville does. Atlanta freaking sucks in areas, yes, but Buckhead is a quick ride where you can find upscale bars and any food you would ever want. They have also revamped areas around Mercedes Benz that make them fine spots to hang before and after the game. College Football Hall of Fame is great, Aquarium, World of Coke all within an Uncle Rico throw of the stadium. Ponce City Market very close by too. The Varsity, The Fox, I could keep rattling off plenty of places people frequent from all over the world. It's not as shitty as folks are trying to make it here, but I also understand the shittyness that can happen really quick there as well.

That being said, I want it in Atlanta for selfish reasons, proximity. It was awesome to take my son to his first Alabama game when he was two years old when we played Missouri. Couldn't have done that most likely being six hours away from a financial standpoint at that point in my life. So yes, I'll always side with Atlanta because of that within my life.
You lost me at “The Varsity.”

Yes, but if you held it in Nashville for five years, you'll say the same thing about Nashville. :oops:
I live near Nashville and am I town at least every other week. It would take some crazy sh!t to put it on Atlanta’s level in my eyes. Traffic is nothing like Atlanta’s, airport, again, nothing as stressful and intense as Atlanta’s and crime? My car never gotten broken in to not have I felt unsafe like I have in even nice parts of downtown Atlanta. Other might say their even cities, but not me.

I live near Nashville and am I town at least every other week. It would take some crazy sh!t to put it on Atlanta’s level in my eyes. Traffic is nothing like Atlanta’s, airport, again, nothing as stressful and intense as Atlanta’s and crime? My car never gotten broken in to not have I felt unsafe like I have in even nice parts of downtown Atlanta. Other might say their even cities, but not me.

But there are thousands of others that can in fact say they've had their car broken into in Nashville. That ain't stopping anywhere you go.

Yes, NOLA is king in that department.
They're both top ten in the nation. I'd pick Nashville and here's why.

When we saw the riots a few years ago Hall Chophouse (downtown) took on some pretty serious damage. They chose to relocate to Nexton—around 25-35 miles to the east. They still get A LOT of tourist business and one of their chefs has said they've seen an increase in business (more capacity as well.) People are here for the ambience downtown, but will drive a half of an hour, 45 minutes, in all three directions to eat.

You can't do that in NOLA.

I've always found it funny hearing people say, "I don't want alcohol in the stadiums on Saturday. The drunks!!" But when it comes to a game, "Let's hit Beale Street."

The clique kills me...like the old Southern Baptist jokes about drinking. "No drunks in BDS Saturday, but you can find me on The Strip Friday night."

Is it because of the seafood or the syphilis?
Pretty obvious for me...lol

I've always found it funny hearing people say, "I don't want alcohol in the stadiums on Saturday. The drunks!!" But when it comes to a game, "Let's hit Beale Street."

The clique kills me...like the old Southern Baptist jokes about drinking. "No drunks in BDS Saturday, but you can find me on The Strip Friday night."

Well...back in September i wrote that i would report on alcohol at BD....from what i saw..

• i never participated.....
  • 10$ a beer. Seems a bit high. But i paid that In Philadelphia on aSunday when flying through once...
  • some bought 3-4 at a time because of long lines. It was popular
  • was more of an enforcement presence inside stadium ... maybe helped
  • honestly...never saw an issue. Maybe longer lines at bathroom. More people moving in their rows. But we sit in middle of row. So little affect ( or is it effect)

I still go for game...i can go 3-4 hours without....but looks like it was successful

They're both top ten in the nation. I'd pick Nashville and here's why.

When we saw the riots a few years ago Hall Chophouse (downtown) took on some pretty serious damage. They chose to relocate to Nexton—around 25-35 miles to the east. They still get A LOT of tourist business and one of their chefs has said they've seen an increase in business (more capacity as well.) People are here for the ambience downtown, but will drive a half of an hour, 45 minutes, in all three directions to eat.

You can't do that in NOLA.

If I had to live in a place based simply on food, it would be Nashville or Ft. Worth area. But for a weekend? NOLA is hard to beat for me, especially since I don't live on the coast anymore. If I did, that would also change my answer. But I can't take NOLA for more than a couple days and very rarely go anymore.

NOLA is hard to beat for me, especially since I don't live on the coast anymore.
I was joking with @50+yeartidefan but serious: I assumed it was the seafood. When you add the Cajun element it offers something a lot of coastal towns do not.

Here,there's one in Park Circle called LoLA that's as close as you can get to that NOLA, Cajun flavor. It pisses me off because that area used to be pretty well hidden from the invaders. It's becoming a tourist stop.

And yeah, it's as good as it looks.

I was joking with @50+yeartidefan but serious: I assumed it was the seafood. When you add the Cajun element it offers something a lot of coastal towns do not.

Here,there's one in Park Circle called LoLA that's as close as you can get to that NOLA, Cajun flavor. It pisses me off because that area used to be pretty well hidden from the invaders. It's becoming a tourist stop.

Charleston still have any hidden spots anymore? I imagine it has not stopped growing at all. I wish they had a stadium that could hold a crowd because I'd say have the SEC Championship in Charleston. Food, history, golf, shopping, hard to beat as a location, and forget about it if you had a football championship there.

But there are thousands of others that can in fact say they've had their car broken into in Nashville. That ain't stopping anywhere you go.
For sure, crime is everywhere. Wonder how many would say the traffic and airport or worse in Nashville?

I’ve gotta go with my experiences, and everyone is different. Thousands of days in the ‘Ville with no events, can’t even remember when I last felt unsafe downtown or anywhere in town. Is if I were afraid of bachelorette parties… A few dozen days in Atlanta and I get robbed in a nice part of town. And I’ve had some, we’ll call it anxious, evening rides on the Marta. I’m more comfortable in the NY subway system than Marta, and I’ve ridden the NY system at least 1,000 rides.

Whats really interesting is up in north ga ...the town...of ....Ellijay
there is a place called CAJUN DEPOT
Owned n Runned by a bunch of cajuns ( or use to) that know how to cook....
It aint NO....or my mommas Red beans n rice....but ....its worththe ride across Fort Mountain...by FM SP....and into the kinda ???? Quaint town of Ellijay.....
And afterwards a nice ride to Applebarn ...hot apple fritters...50% of cars..based on tags..are from Atlanta counties ( just guessing). Dont even have to carry when there....

Back
Top Bottom