| FTBL Move the SEC championship Game [Nashville stadium update]

The downtown Charlotte area is a pig sty, and getting worse. Their big entertainment district is desolate, and office vacancies in the central city area are building, meaning even less day traffic than now. Stay in SouthPark if you can, and enjoy the drives into town up Queens, Kings or Selwyn - really impressive homes. If you must stay downtown, Rooster's is a good dining option.

The new Nashville indoor stadium is slated to hold just 55 to 60 thousand, compared to 75 in Atlanta (they packed 79 into the Peach Bowl last year). I don't think the money changers will allow that many seats to walk.
Didnt know it was indoor!!!

I have no issue with the game being rotated around to states that have an SEC school. Personally, I am not a fan of Charlotte at all, no SEC school in the state (yet) and I do not care for the city.

Kansas City is nice because they have some excellent BBQ places there to eat. :)

Just me, but I hate that every new stadium is basically a dome. It's just frustrating that we can't seem to get any major football games outdoors anymore, unless it's in Pasadena. A lot of football is facing all challenges and overcoming adversity. So fucking what if Nashville gets cold? It gets humid as shit in the south early in fall. Play the damn game outdoors.

I sound like an old man.

Just me, but I hate that every new stadium is basically a dome. It's just frustrating that we can't seem to get any major football games outdoors anymore, unless it's in Pasadena. A lot of football is facing all challenges and overcoming adversity. So fucking what if Nashville gets cold? It gets humid as shit in the south early in fall. Play the damn game outdoors.

I sound like an old man.
I agree with you!!! It’s an outdoor sport!!!

I sound like an old man.
The players don’t care. It’s the fans who pay big dollars that want to be comfortable. Fans of the Packers, Bears and Bills won’t be there.

The players don’t care. It’s the fans who pay big dollars that want to be comfortable. Fans of the Packers, Bears and Bills won’t be there.

I think it's more of the cities that make those decisions over the fans. They want new stadiums for the attractions and so they can get a piece of the pie that it takes to construct them. Don't forget, it's always about the money.

Frankly, drop the SECCG altogether.
With a 12-team playoff, you don't gain anything with it.
Focus on improving the scheduling.
I disagree. The key to the CFP is where you are seeded. Winning a CCG can help your seeding. At the same time, you could be ranked high going into the CCG, lose, and still be in the top 12 (and possibly lose hosting a game in the first round).

I wasn't thinking in terms of "destination settings". If I went to an SECCG at one of those places, I'd just get there, go to the game, then leave. I probably wouldn't care about seeing any sights or anything (I'm weird that way). I was just thinking more along the lines of keeping it on a rotation so that one team doesn't get to play too much at 1 place and it becomes more familiar to them. And Charlotte.....yeah, you're right. I was thinking South Carolina, but put a North Carolina city in there, lol.

To be truly fair, I'd like to see it rotate to a stadium in each state that has a team in the SEC. But not all states have a big enough stadium that isn't home to one of the members; Alabama, Mississippi, South Carolina don't have a pro football team. Like the places I previously listed, those all have pro teams that play there. So using one of their stadiums could work. But there are no pro football stadiums in those I just listed.

And I forgot about Kansas City in Missouri. Arrowhead Stadium could be another one in the rotation.
KC doesn't have the SEC feel at all but....... That is a fun as hell town for a weekend. Went there last summer to see George Straight with my wife and we had a blast. The worst part that I would see is getting in and out of the Arrow Head complex is a nightmare with no mass trans options.
A 15 min ride from downtown KC took an hour and a half both ways by car.

Back
Top Bottom