| FTBL Moon says maybe we're a cursed program

• Thread starter imported_porkchop
  • Start date
Without going into names, a certain head football coach at another university in this state was once head football coach at another university in a stae just to the west of us. This coach assured that school's players and fans that there was nothing to the rumor that he would be leaving them to come to that other university in this state. Of course that is all ancient history now, though I suspect that school's fan base thinks of him similarly to what the LSU fan base thinks of Saban.

Denny Chimes said:
Wrong. You went just as personal with your little insinuations like "actually having something to talk about" and "tap that keg this November (Iron Bowl, right?) if the situation warrants" and let that "vintage age a little" (interpreted by me to mean it's been a while since we won). Just as personal as any other smack by any other rival that posts here. I guess it's called a difference of opinion by you guys and smack by us. :? This is an Alabama forum, no?

1796 posts on your most hated rivals fan board...I guess you must enjoy the company huh? You know, the ones who are what's wrong with America. ;sh

I do agree it's a crappy newspaper.

I don't consider smack talk personal. If I did, I would have taken exception to someone telling me that I "had a field to plow" or something like that earlier in this or some other thread. You don't know me, I don't know you, and as long as we don't start talking bad about our wives or mothers, it's all good. I don't expect you to agree with me, but I think most of my posts at least make you pause and think.

However, when a poster talks of wanting to punch a reporter (who is a known public figure) in the face because of his opinion, yes, that is a little personal. Gary was a bit hyperbolic in his statement and I was poking a little fun at him. He took it a little personal and I hope he understood that I was simply trying to create a little humor and make a point at the same time, which I think he did, as he admitted that he original statement was a bit strong. Not wrong, but a bit strong.

You, on the other hand, jump in and start in on post counts and stuff of that nature. I have stated many times before that I like and respect a good many of the posters here, especially the old hands, like 66, ATL Tider, bamafan4ever, RTFA, BearFacts, snot nosed 37, and several others. If I don't include you in that list, please don't take it personal.

Tigrinum Major said:
I want to add Bo, JSLayton and Porterhouse to my previous list.

I'm hurt. How soon we forget. Perhaps I was just in a chapter of your life you'd rather forget, but I expected better of you. I mean, who bought the pregnancy test for you at the Revco? Who fed you saltines during your 8 months, three weeks and four days of morning sickness? Who was there holding your hand during the delivery, never complaining as you crushed my digits? Ah, yes, the paternity test later showed me to be a cuckolded fool, but I was there for you.

Wait a minute. I thought you were Tigress Majorchek from Lipscomb.

Never mind.

Tigrinum Major said:
I don't expect you to agree with me, but I think most of my posts at least make you pause and think.
You're right. They do. They make me wonder why you even bother.
However, when a poster talks of wanting to punch a reporter (who is a known public figure) in the face because of his opinion, yes, that is a little personal.
Only if you are the reporter. What do you say to that Josh?
I hope he understood that I was simply trying to create a little humor and make a point at the same time.
Josh, you guys are all the same. You're starting to sound like Alatiger... :shock: You really think your critiques of us, our coach, our University etc., is humor? On a Bama forum? Come on...you're a smart guy. You know exactly what you're doing.
If I don't include you in that list, please don't take it personal.
No problem. I came to this site to avoid the likes of you and other rivals. Like I've said, it's a free country and I don't own or control this site, so post away. Just remember there are others here that don't necessarily like or respect you either. :wink:

Tigrinum Major said:
I appluad your service, gary. I was more making a commentary on your punch in the face comment that you made and attempted to make a joke about it. It was certainly nothing personal. It was a takeoff a bit by a comedian talking about people who liked the Dave Matthews Band.
Then I must apologize. Sometimes it is hard to tell when someone is serious or not. Again I apologize. Hope all is well.

Josh, you guys are all the same. You're starting to sound like Alatiger... :shock: You really think your critiques of us, our coach, our University etc., is humor? On a Bama forum? Come on...you're a smart guy. You know exactly what you're doing.
Find me a place where I have given a harsh critique of your University or your coach. Especially in the past year or so.

If I don't include you in that list, please don't take it personal.
No problem. I came to this site to avoid the likes of you and other rivals. Like I've said, it's a free country and I don't own or control this site, so post away. Just remember there are others here that don't necessarily like or respect you either. :wink:
I run into that all the time in all aspects of my life. I'm ok with it.

gary funderburk said:
Tigrinum Major said:
I appluad your service, gary. I was more making a commentary on your punch in the face comment that you made and attempted to make a joke about it. It was certainly nothing personal. It was a takeoff a bit by a comedian talking about people who liked the Dave Matthews Band.
Then I must apologize. Sometimes it is hard to tell when someone is serious or not. Again I apologize. Hope all is well.

No harm, no foul. It's all good.

Denny Chimes said:
1796 posts on your most hated rivals fan board...I guess you must enjoy the company huh?

Denny, you just might replace me as TM's favorite poster. :D

Tig, I'm still waiting to be added to your list. :wink:

Tigrinum Major said:
Find me a place where I have given a harsh critique of your University or your coach. Especially in the past year or so.

Well Josh, I guess your articles don't count huh? Seriously, I'm not going to go back over 1800 posts (still an amazing number for a barn fan on a Bama forum). Take your shots when you can and I'll hit back when appropriate. I'm just trying to make Tigrinum Major's Most Respected List. :p

Hmmm. I'm no Dr. Phil but maybe that should tell you something.

Denny Chimes said:
Tigrinum Major said:

Well Josh, I guess your articles don't count huh? Seriously, I'm not going to go back over 1800 posts (still an amazing number for a barn fan on a Bama forum). Take your shots when you can and I'll hit back when appropriate. I'm just trying to make Tigrinum Major's Most Respected List. :p

What articles? You're speaking in tongues, friend.
Hmmm. I'm no Dr. Phil but maybe that should tell you something.

That not everyone likes me? I couldn't careless.

Tigrinum Major said:
Your on my list, two. I put you their because you argue real good.

Those errors made my head esploded. I'm sure you meant, too, or also... It's also there, and argue really well, not good.

Not trying to be a wiener, but that just got to me. Have a good one.

AlabamaMan said:
Tigrinum Major said:
Your on my list, two. I put you their because you argue real good.

Those errors made my head esploded. I'm sure you meant, too, or also... It's also there, and argue really well, not good.

Not trying to be a wiener, but that just got to me. Have a good one.

You missed "You're".

And the joke on me.

I'm 100% sure that Mr. Moon and all his pigmy cronies, enjoy his delightful one side bias pighead statements in his editorials. :roll:

I'm also sure that there is no proof to anything that he's written so far. I'm also sure the Montgomeryadvertiser is over flowing with calls from fans and are selling out day by day. From fans that must read his reveiws, on matters he thinks he knows. :wink:

I really do love the cheap shots as to how he refers to UA fans with you and you're. Must be nice to still be a frat boy...

Other then that I look forward to seeing him writing for the New York Times. :roll:

scarecrow-moon.jpg

Back
Top Bottom