| FTBL Moon says maybe we're a cursed program

• Thread starter imported_porkchop
  • Start date
Tigrinum Major said:
gary funderburk said:
I think this guy is the one who doesn't get it. Saban left because he (after two season in the NFL) decided that college was more to his and his wife's liking. I wish I could just punch him in the face. Saban has explained why he left but hey do not want to let it go. What an idiot.

Thank you, Mr. Bishop.

Why do you hate Mr. Bishop?

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/06/08/what-if-the-dolphins-had-signed-drew-brees/

I thought Saban had total control over personnel decisions in Miami -- So when something went wrong, the team doctor is to be held responsible. I don't buy that. He will be very successful at Bama because the college game is geared towards reloading with solid recruiting. The NFL uses free agency and the salary cap to encourage balance in the league, and it is difficult to dominate.

BamaHeat said:
Someone must have let him get on the computer again :?

Dishing dirt on dishonest, disloyal coaches

I have not read his 2 latest "articles" in their entirety, I've just skimmed bits and pieces of them. I don't need to read them to know what they say. I would offer this guy some advice though... slow down. Your guns are blazing here, and they are going to flame out if you are not careful. Space out the penis envy diatribes... make it last as long as possible. It is obvious that this is the ONLY way you are going to generate readers to a column, so why blow your whole wad before football season even kicks off? So slow down chief, if you keep up this pace, even the Barners will tire of your oral diarrhea before August begins.

Also, if you are going to be brazen enough to point out the grammar mistakes of your readers, you might want to at least make sure that the same paragraph containing the said jab does not contain a sentence fragment. It kind of lessens your authority on the subject.

GoodScotch said:
gary funderburk said:
I think this guy is the one who doesn't get it. Saban left because he (after two season in the NFL) decided that college was more to his and his wife's liking. I wish I could just punch him in the face. Saban has explained why he left but hey do not want to let it go. What an idiot.

I agree Saban's heart was in the college game, and it was more of a family decision. There is no shame in making a decision with is family in mind. But, you failed to mention he was also in a division with Bill Belicheck and Eric Mangini -- and He butchered the Drew Brees/Culpepper deal ... which set the Dolphins back.
Ok I am trying to follow here. So bare with me.....I was merely making a comment as to why Saban left. Not what he did wrong in the NFL. I would get into it but it is a mute point. Who cares what he did wrong in Miami. My point was he left the college came because that is where his heart is at. Are you saying he left because he made a mistake in not picking Brees over Culpepper? I am trying to follow your train of thought and figure out where you got that in the reason(s) for him leaving?

I am so tired of people running their mouths about all of this.

I cannot wait until the season starts so we can serve the following to all of our faithful admirers and continue on our path to where we need to be.

STFU-BigGlass.jpg

Enjoy!

bama4life said:
I am so tired of people running their mouths about all of this.

I cannot wait until the season starts so we can serve the following to all of our faithful admirers and continue on our path to where we need to be.

STFU-BigGlass.jpg

Enjoy!

It's usually easier to serve that particular beverage after the season starts and you actually have something to talk about.

You are just as guilty as Mr. Moon for prematurely pulling out the STFU card. Feel free to tap that keg this November if the situation warrents it, but until then, maybe we need to let that vintage age a little bit. Whatcha think?

Tigrinum Major said:
[It's usually easier to serve that particular beverage after the season starts and you actually have something to talk about.

You are just as guilty as Mr. Moon for prematurely pulling out the STFU card. Feel free to tap that keg this November if the situation warrents it, but until then, maybe we need to let that vintage age a little bit. Whatcha think?

TM, here's what I think...PUSH

Don't you have a field to plow or something?

I kid, I kid... :D

Tigrinum Major said:
It's usually easier to serve that particular beverage after the season starts and you actually have something to talk about.

Why do you hate beverages?

Bama Bo said:
Tigrinum Major said:

I love my beverages...

Bama Bo said:
Tigrinum Major said:

Well played.

gary funderburk said:

After reading this post again, I realized something. You (and others like you) are part of what's wrong with America. You've allowed a difference of opinion to become personal instead of examining the larger issue of why you're reading a crappy newspaper.

Tigrinum Major said:
gary funderburk said:

After reading this post again, I realized something. You (and others like you) are part of what's wrong with America. You've allowed a difference of opinion to become personal instead of examining the larger issue of why you're reading a crappy newspaper.

He’s reading it cause Porkchop posted it which would seem to add support to my theory that Porkchop is a big part of what is wrong with America. :D

Tigrinum Major said:

Wrong. You went just as personal with your little insinuations like "actually having something to talk about" and "tap that keg this November (Iron Bowl, right?) if the situation warrants" and let that "vintage age a little" (interpreted by me to mean it's been a while since we won). Just as personal as any other smack by any other rival that posts here. I guess it's called a difference of opinion by you guys and smack by us. :? This is an Alabama forum, no?

1796 posts on your most hated rivals fan board...I guess you must enjoy the company huh? You know, the ones who are what's wrong with America. ;sh

I do agree it's a crappy newspaper.

Tigrinum Major said:
gary funderburk said:

Well first off to say "I" am part of something wrong with america is absurd. Do you even know me? NO! The article was posted here on the forum to read. Did you read the article? If so, whats does that say about you? If you didn't, why are you questioning me if you know nothing about the article. Either way, you are wrong! I support my country in many ways. More than most even consider. I am in the US Army Reserves. I have been to Iraq. I am currently activated by our American government and seperated from my family for possibly over a year. I have already been activated 2 1/2 years by the Army when 9/11 happened and I am now on my 3rd tour. I am also a Federal Police Officer for the Government when in my civilian job which also serves the country. More than 80 % of my time is giving back to America. But I guess that is wrong. Should have figured you would say as much. I have never attacked you personally so why you choose to start on me I do not know why? But I do hope you can sleep well at night knowing that the very people who you claim to be wrong with America are also responsible for your security and freedom.

I can agree that the expression Punch Him in the face was premature and a bit harsh. Did not realize it would be taken literally.

I appluad your service, gary. I was more making a commentary on your punch in the face comment that you made and attempted to make a joke about it. It was certainly nothing personal. It was a takeoff a bit by a comedian talking about people who liked the Dave Matthews Band.

Back
Top Bottom