| FTBL L A N K - Dave Portnoy

bamafan9201

13:32 into the video Dave Portnoy says that Michigan is destined to destroy Alabama's dying dynasty and will crush Bama. Milroe is a terrible QB and we're not a good team. I really hope this gets back to the locker room. I know I'm going to send it to my buddy who is part of the equipment staff. Maybe Terry and Brandon know some people who can get it in front of a coach or players to get it going for motivation.

You just did that.
Portnoy is a UM fan but he’s playing a character, like he almost always does with his sports rants (or really any rants for that matter). It’s about being over the top, entertaining, etc. In a lot of ways he’s T-Bob Hebert with more money, but less football IQ. Basically, he’s harmless.
Loved that reference, gotta take the free motivation when it's there. I'm sure someone from UA staff will figure it out.

Loved that reference, gotta take the free motivation when it's there. I'm sure someone from UA staff will figure it out.

If they take it as a slight, Milroe will be made aware. Honestly, Bama shouldn't need a lot of external motivation for this game... I really like the match up.... especially for Bama's defense.

@bamafan9201 Here's what I really hate about this game. Michigan was in Tuscaloosa a few years ago for softball. I've seen their women.

This would be a great game to attend if it wasn't for those pasty-ass, overweight...

Maybe I should stop now?

If they take it as a slight, Milroe will be made aware. Honestly, Bama shouldn't need a lot of external motivation for this game... I really like the match up.... especially for Bama's defense.
@BamaFan334 My gut tells me if this game opened with Bama at -10, -13? I'd take the Tide.

Michigan has an attitude right now. I understand. Bama has an attitude right now.

Think about what these two attitudes are rooted in.

@BamaFan334 My gut tells me if this game opened with Bama at -10, -13? I'd take the Tide.

Michigan has an attitude right now. I understand. Bama has an attitude right now.

I made a reference a couple of days ago in another thread about the level of quality between the CBS and ESPN game broadcasts... comparing the two, they are Mercedes and Ford. After I posted that, it hit me, that would have been a better fit for Alabama and Michigan.

...and Ford... that's one reason it was a better comparison.
hat-tip-leave.gif

I’m just saying that Corum and McCarthy are not to be taken lightly. Bama can and should beat them pretty soundly but we said that about the goat humpers too.

I'm not saying it's a gimme, but I'm not seeing this as a massive challenge. We will have to be tough on the line and stop Corrum, but I'm not as concerned with McCarthy. We play the SEC Championship game again and we win. Watch that Iowa film. See what Maryland did, and even Ohio State for most of the game.

If they need external motivation, they're in trouble.

I don't think they do, but they use all kinds of stuff/way to motivate them, so nothing is really surprising. Rarely, and I mean rarely, do I think it has any tangible impact unless it is something used to keep players focused in preparation... and even then, 3 plays into a game, that stuff usually dries up quick.

If they need external motivation, they're in trouble.
As much as I've said this I don't get why people aren't getting the message.

While a lot were bitching about Burton, I was pointing to an attitude change. @rick4bama was the first to point out LANK.

We, literally, watched this happen over the last three quarters of the season.

I'm sure the team will see things said from the media and fans leading up to this game. I'm sure they'll share it around the locker room. I'm also sure that the motivation this team has IS NOT coming from outside the locker room. They already know what's been said and it's now internal motivation.

Back
Top Bottom