| FTBL Merged threads on Miles, LSU and Michigan

Bama1966 said:
One thing I wasn't sure of before the presser is that Les is the "Head Coach". I am now in tune that he is the "Head Coach".

How many times has he got to reiterate that?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpcDAaJFpcY[/youtube]

:lol:

Wouldn't you just love to park in that space outside the LSU athletic offices reserved for the football "Head Coach?"

Mrs. Miles has not spoken yet.

CRR from UWV is taking the Bama job, but wait the wife wants to stay, so he stays.

Saban from Miami is not coming, but wait the wife is not happy in the big city, so he comes.

Keeping in mind that Miles' wife is also an alum of Michigan, fill in the blank:
Miles from LSU is not going to UM, but wait, ___________________________________________.

Miles inherits a championship team, but then his OC leaves, Saban's back on the block, and his DC is the #1 choice of Nebraska. Why would he stay when "Momma calls"?

This may not be over just yet.

Les Miles

I just think that we need to get over this game we've been playing about who has the better coach or who recruited what players, The teams will decide who wins on the field no matter who is coaching them! Stanford beat USC, you can't tell me that Jim Harbuagh is a better caoch than Pete Carrol. Saban hasn't coached these players in three years now so he can't get credit for their success!. I'll be back in three years and we shall see what took place! until then good luck in your bowl game and represent the SEC!!!!

WRT Pellini and Nebraska

When ask if the rumors were true with regards to him taking the Nebraska job, he responds with "I honestly don't know where they're getting their information," Pellini said.

That is not confirming or denying. He simple commented about the level of knowledge that he has as to what the origins of the rumor was.

Re: Mrs. Miles has not spoken yet.

LBS said:
CRR from UWV is taking the Bama job, but wait the wife wants to stay, so he stays.

Saban from Miami is not coming, but wait the wife is not happy in the big city, so he comes.

Keeping in mind that Miles' wife is also an alum of Michigan, fill in the blank:
Miles from LSU is not going to UM, but wait, ___________________________________________.

Miles inherits a championship team, but then his OC leaves, Saban's back on the block, and his DC is the #1 choice of Nebraska. Why would he stay when "Momma calls"?

This may not be over just yet.

WCFields2.jpg

Ahhhhhh yes, the power of female persuasion. I do or she don't.

crimsontradition14 said:
Maybe, just maybe, LSU realized CNS wouldn't take the job and so tried to keep Miles.

Nope, that can't be it... haven't you heard? He was in Baton Rouge begging for his old office back all week long... :lol:

If it is true and he doesn't go, this is basically UM letting Lester know they are moving in a different direction and giving a Michigan Man the opportunity to save face by "removing his name from consideration"

Porterhouse said:
A toaster oven with a headset would be an upgrade over Miles, so obviously I'm pleased that he's staying (if indeed he is). I know a few LSU fans personally though who would be disappointed in that decision.

LOL!!! :lol: "I'm the head coach, me! I'm the... DING... oooh poptarts! Let'er rip!"

You can almost write in stone that Miles' staying at LSU keeps Tubberville at Auburn and a whole lot richer. Chances are he was only milking AU for more and never planning on leaving for Arkansas anyway. But once the LSU job didn't come open I think that sealed it for AU. I would bet my shirt that had LSU come open Tubberville would have jumped it.

That's what all these shinanigans have been about this last few days. Possible job upgrades, but DEFINETELY a pay upgrade.

Re: Les Miles

ranger350 said:
I really don't understand you people, ya'll say you don't want miles to leave LSU because he is a dumb coach and he's an idiot! but you know what, He has a better record at LSU than that over paid coach that ya'll have. also what's Sabans record against Miles. 0-1 next year 0-2. Deep down inside ya'll were praying that he would go to Michigan because it's too painfull to lose to Miles the bad coach, but who wants to admit that! Saban is a good coach but he's not a miracle worker, so get used to 6-6 seasons at least for two more years!

I really don't understand LSwho people, your team is ranked in the top ten and playing in the SECC yet you are on a "mediocre SEC school's" board talking trash. Yet you think we are the ones in pain??? :?

Bama Bo said:
If it is true and he doesn't go, this is basically UM letting Lester know they are moving in a different direction and giving a Michigan Man the opportunity to save face by "removing his name from consideration"

It is also Michigan dodging on hell of a bullet, because OSU would continue to eat their lunch for years to come if Miles was in their kitchen.

dstephens said:
Am I the only one that thinks he sounds like the biggest, gooffiest coach when interviewed on the sidelines

I agree. Les Miles is a goober. He comes up with some of the most idiotic statements ever.

By the way, if he was so concerned about his team being distracted, why did he wait so long to have his little outburst.

He's an idiot. I for one am glad he's staying.

Back
Top Bottom