| FTBL Maybe my all-time favorite play from a Bama-UT game

reger60 said:
1993: David Palmer lines up behind center and runs for a two-point conversion with 21 seconds left to salvage a 17-17 tie. Despite the "kiss-your-sister" outcome, still one of the most exciting games I've ever watched.

That is the same one I was going to say. Man, I miss that David Palmer. A tie never felt better than it did that year.

Lenny Kozlowski said:
Patriot_81 said:
I've got a few in my short memory. I would say the all-time most memorable game would be in 2005 when we beat Tennessee 6-3. The way that game was a defensive struggle until the very end. When it looked like Tennessee was about to tie it up and Roman Harper some how got lower than an already low Arian Foster. The fumble goes out of the back of the end zone for a touch back. Then on the ensuing drive Brodie Croyle completed a 43-yard pass to DJ Hall. This put us in position for a last second by Jamie Christensen and the rest is history.

not to be picky but.......UT was about to take the lead (score was tied 3-3) and Foster (australian for fumble) didnt fumble that time it was the FB.

Ill mention a game that hasnt been talked about yet...1994 Neyland Stadium (my first visit to Neyland) Barker plays with a tweaked shoulder I believe....Sherman shakes his way around tackles all day for pretty much all of our offense.......UT lead by freshman Peyton Manning takes the ball down and scores to take the lead with roughly 8 min left....Bama drives the length of the field for the go ahead TD with 2 min left.......Manning drives UT all the way inside the Bama ten.....we gave them 5 tries (offsides once) and they couldnt get in!!!

"There will be many more tries for number 16..." (something along that)

Closing remarks as Peyton walked off the field.

Chuck-E-Cheeze said:
reger60 said:
1993: David Palmer lines up behind center and runs for a two-point conversion with 21 seconds left to salvage a 17-17 tie. Despite the "kiss-your-sister" outcome, still one of the most exciting games I've ever watched.

That is the same one I was going to say. Man, I miss that David Palmer. A tie never felt better than it did that year.

Right there with you bud, David Palmer is still one of my all time favorite Tide players.

Back
Top Bottom