| CURRENT EVENTS Marijuana Use - Interesting Interview

Almost verbatim what I've already said in this thread. šŸ‘†
Plagiarizing my views. šŸ™ƒ Except...

I don't bring things like nicotine, caffeine, or alcohol in these conversations because of the response: people immediately shut down and stop thinking.

On the other hand, when you point to opioids so freely prescribed? Most, not all, will stop for a minute and listen.

I don't bring things like nicotine, caffeine, or alcohol in these conversations because of the response: people immediately shut down and stop thinking.
Yea, one of the points in the article, and in Pollanā€™s work, is that these drugs have long been ubiquitous in a society that has both preached against and legislated against ā€œdrug useā€ and in praise of the sober minded person. To say the least, weā€™ve been a culture in contradiction with itself, which makes the Drug War, and its inestimable collateral damage, the worst and longest man-made (to be more accurate, state-made) disaster in modern history!

Yea, one of the points in the article, and in Pollanā€™s work, is that these drugs have long been ubiquitous in a society that has both preached against and legislated against ā€œdrug useā€ and in praise of the sober minded person. To say the least, weā€™ve been a culture in contradiction with itself, which makes the Drug War, and its inestimable collateral damage, the worst and longest man-made (to be more accurate, state-made) disaster in modern history!
When I get to my laptop or desktop I'll read it...don't like reading articles on my phone. (But I can read a book on a Kindle...which makes no sense when you compare the two.)

I can read a book on a Kindle...which makes no sense when you compare the two.)
Makes sense to me. I much prefer my paperwhite Kindle to any other electronic device. Can't stand LED screens and blue light, especially when my job requires me to work on computers a lot. It's disturbing to think how little time in each day I'm not starring at either a computer monitor, smart phone, or television screen. Some people take smoke breaks, walk breaks, coffee breaks, etc., but the older I get I need "looking-at-the-real-world-around-me-in-3D breaks."

It's disturbing to think how little time in each day I'm not starring at either a computer monitor, smart phone, or television screen. Some people take smoke breaks, walk breaks, coffee breaks, etc., but the older I get I need "looking-at-the-real-world-around-me-in-3D breaks."
So much truth here in my life as well.

Two thoughts following yours:

1) I made a New Year's resolution to turn the volume off on my phone. It's June 3rd. It hasn't been on. While life isn't different, it seems more simple. I look and notice it blinking rather than hear the damn thing.

2) "...the real world around me in..." This is the reason I have a Giant. And get this. I'm thinking about going to an electric just to get me to the park I love to bike. It's a 13 mile trail...

The point being? Something as simple as a bike is looking at the real world. $20 a year for my access to Wannamaker.

Now. I normally take a "smoke break" before this trail(s). So, yeah. I've wiped out a few times. Got hurt a few times. Because I was high? Maybe? More likely because I was just being stupid: "I can do that!" a guy my age thinks.

So. Consider your need for a 'break,' and weigh it against what this would bring. (Seen some pretty cool snakes out there.)

Let me throw another wrench in the gears here. @musso I mentioned in a thread what impact the *Passion" tour has had the last few years.

It was in ATL in January. I got a pass in...for a concert designed for kids that are the age of what my kids (if I cursed society that way) would be.

I've never met @OldPlayer but I think he, and his kin would have said "no" if I invited them. Damn. Same thing goes for Casey (@BamaFan334 ) His "standards" confuse me. (no offense bruh.)

@It Takes Eleven I've met. I "feel" I know him fairly well. He and his family would not have attended this with me.

I'm walking in stoned. But here's what's cool. He's (any of the trinity) is not judging me as I worship. So...there's the 'mythical thought' for the day.

EXCEPT:

I was here. All these people are not stoned. I just had the blessing of watching. (There is A LOT to this story by the way.) Let's sit here for now.

Let me throw another wrench in the gears here. @musso I mentioned in a thread what impact the *Passion" tour has had the last few years.

It was in ATL in January. I got a pass in...for a concert designed for kids that are the age of what my kids (if I cursed society that way) would be.

I've never met @OldPlayer but I think he, and his kin would have said "no" if I invited them. Damn. Same thing goes for Casey (@BamaFan334 ) His "standards" confuse me. (no offense bruh.)

@It Takes Eleven I've met. I "feel" I know him fairly well. He and his family would not have attended this with me.

I'm walking in stoned. But here's what's cool. He's (any of the trinity) is not judging me as I worship. So...there's the 'mythical thought' for the day.

EXCEPT:

I was here. All these people are not stoned. I just had the blessing of watching. (There is A LOT to this story by the way.) Let's sit here for now.

No offense taken. I gotta keep you guessing, like you do with me with your cryptic messages here.

EXCEPT:

I donā€™t know how I got singled out but I wouldnā€™t say no to attending. I may not worship with the same fervor as you, but I believe in God (some type of divine effort is responsible for everything on this planet).

I was here. All these people are not stoned.
Maybe not stoned, but there is such a thing as mass hypnosis. ;)

Bro I was raised in this sort of charismatic-Pentecostal environment. All I got to say is Iā€™ve served my time. However I do occasionally enjoy the mood altering effects of psychedelic/trans-like music with repetitive lyrics to help my mind reset. But I can do without invoking ancient notions of animal or human sacrifice to appease the god. I was saved long ago from believing in manipulative and exploitative concepts like propitiatory sacrifice (i.e. scapegoating). I woke up to the common sense idea that killing the innocent in Palestine is a tragedy, always and forever, be it 2,000 years ago or in the present. The torture and execution of innocent Semitic people who challenge and resist Western occupation and domination in their land is worthy of protest, not veneration. šŸ‡µšŸ‡ø

#SeeWhatIDidThere

Last edited:
@musso I mentioned in a thread what impact the *Passion" tour has had the last few years.
It has occurred to me that my attempt to be clever by integrating multiple thread topics into my previous reply to you may have resulted in a dismissive tone to your kind gesture. Let me say that I appreciate the invitation you extended to me and others in that other thread to attend one of these concerts/events. When I used to be in that world, behind such an offer would have only been the sincerest and purest of motives. So please know I appreciate that.

It just so happens, since my departure from that "stuff," I have grown to not only find it alien to me, but I can't help but see its waste. Anything that attracts crowds like that with purpose and meaning as the focus, and it doesn't channel the unity and energy towards productive collective action, is a wasted opportunity. Mobilizing so many people just to sing songs and listen to sermons about myth, theology, alleged spirit realms, and fantasy, rather than concrete strategies to improve the physical world, is exactly what corrupt rulers want. It detracts from assigning responsibility and blame upon those most responsible for the evil in the world. That's why governments have always subsidized Christianity, either directly or indirectly via tax exempt status. Anything that the State subsidizes, should be viewed with suspicion, if you want a better world, that is. I realize what I'm saying is anathema to most on here, but after all, that's why I'm sharing it. ;)

I donā€™t know how I got singled out but I wouldnā€™t say no to attending. I may not worship with the same fervor as you, but I believe in God (some type of divine effort is responsible for everything on this planet).
Where you live. You weren't singled out; you are in Sandy Springs, right?

Back
Top Bottom