| FTBL LSU's motivational Video for Bama

I will admit that I am a Phil Collins fan, but that is not the song that I want to hear to pump me up for a football game. Especially not some lame remake.

I would venture to bet that Lesser Miles will make some crucial coaching mistakes in Tuscaloosa next weekend that will strongly affect the game.

Porterhouse said:
Outlaw said:
Looks like Darby isn't a Saban fan? Wonder what that exchange was all about?

In the interest of fairness, that was Santonio, not Darby.

Yeah, I realized that after I posted, but didn't feel the need to edit. :oops:

Darby was 33 that year I believe? His freshman year.

BamaFan425 said:
Personally, that video did NOTHING for me. Even if it was a BAMA video, I just didn't "feel it". Had some good clips and good stuff, but the song just put a somber feeling over the whole video. Not much of a pump-up video for me. The song was too "easy-listening"-ish.

You obviously didn't watch much of it if you thought it was a Bama video, partna. :D

Well put together, but Phil Collins? Come on... why not have Journey or Cindy Lauper or Boy George as the background music? Good game footage and editing, but just not a good blood pumping pre-game song to create the "Tiger Bait" feeling.

I can't believe that someone went to all that trouble. And for someone to invest that much time.... I think it says one thing. WE ARE BACK if they are that freaking worried about the game.

benc said:
Well put together, but Phil Collins? Come on... why not have Journey or Cindy Lauper or Boy George as the background music? Good game footage and editing, but just not a good blood pumping pre-game song to create the "Tiger Bait" feeling.

Uh, oh. You're putting Journey in the same catagory as Cindy Lauper and Boy George? I'm standing back on this one. :lol:

benc said:

Boy George would have been fitting...maybe Elton John. :lol:

I guess I was the only one that felt sick after watching. I hope they continue to make it all anti-Saban. That might be the one chance we have to get 'em.

Focus everything on the former coach and not the players on the field; please LSU continue. You keep doing that while we get ready to play a game that will determine the west leader.

Atlanta_Tider said:
Lenny Kozlowski said:
Atlanta_Tider said:
Lenny Kozlowski said:
Outlaw said:
I'm not even going to front, that video is tight.

Looks like Darby isn't a Saban fan? Wonder what that exchange was all about?

You dont remember the whole Saban/Fran fued a few years back?? A supposed taperecording of Saban telling LSU what a bunch of cheaters we were in the lockerroom the week prior to our game.
This was BS that an LSU fan started on message boards prior to the game. Saban and Fran had talked on the phone prior to the game about this issue and Saban confirmed that he did not say those things.

Fran never believed Saban on this issue (at least not to his players) Fran used the whole thing as motivation which seemed to work quite well 31-0 I believe
Supposedly when on the field after the game, Saban grabbed Fran, thats when Frannyboobs turned around and went off on that ass! Water under the bridge now, if Saban did say those things, so be it! :D

The confrontation had nothing to do with what's suggested here. Part of it related to Saban wanting one of our coaches to come to LSU, the other part had to do with the recruiting of a few players in Huntsville.

PointnLaugh said:
benc said:

Uh, oh. You're putting Journey in the same catagory as Cindy Lauper and Boy George? I'm standing back on this one. :lol:

:shock: Holy S**t!! Somebody better delete that post before porkchop sees it! :shock:

Does anyone know if we have to wear our white jersey for this home game? I know LSU has had their jerseys mixed up for years and wear white and home. I know we wore crimson on the road there last year, but I had mush rather us wear crimson at home. And if we have to wear white, how does the road team get to determine what color is worn?

benc said:

I'm guessing you're too young to remember Miami Vice. Hearing the original song in context of that show is a slow burning anger. It's a song you can turn up as loud as it will go without it getting drown out. It definately gets me pumped. The remake, however, stinks.

That said, I thought LSU fans think they are better off with Miles, so why the hostility?

Rolltide24 said:
Does anyone know if we have to wear our white jersey for this home game? I know LSU has had their jerseys mixed up for years and wear white and home. I know we wore crimson on the road there last year, but I had mush rather us wear crimson at home. And if we have to wear white, how does the road team get to determine what color is worn?

LSU chooses to wear their white jerseys while at home. The home team gets the choice and BAMA will choose to wear their Crimson, but if we wanted, we could choose white and make LSU wear purple. I highly doubt that.

Miss. State made LSU wear purple the first game this year.

BamaFan425 said:
Rolltide24 said:

LSU chooses to wear their white jerseys while at home. The home team gets the choice and BAMA will choose to wear their Crimson, but if we wanted, we could choose white and make LSU wear purple. I highly doubt that.

Miss. State made LSU wear purple the first game this year.

I think I read somewhere that you have to make that determination before the season starts now. I believe that's because Spurrier was messin with LSU back in his days at Fla and changing things at the last minute and someone complained.

BamaAlum50 said:
I think I read somewhere that you have to make that determination before the season starts now. I believe that's because Spurrier was messin with LSU back in his days at Fla and changing things at the last minute and someone complained.

Yeah, I remember that, it was in 2000 I believe. LSU didn’t even order purple jerseys that year because they thought they would be wearing white all season. Then the Tuesday before the Florida game, Spurrier announced Florida would wear white at home. LSU had to do a rush order and delivery on the jerseys to get them in time for the game. I thought the whole thing was pretty funny.

rammajamma said:
I can't believe that someone went to all that trouble. And for someone to invest that much time.... I think it says one thing. WE ARE BACK if they are that freaking worried about the game.

It's a video dude. Some people enjoy making videos. It means that they are pumped up for the game. :?

Does look like they need Saban to fuel their fire huh? I don't think anyone on either side needs this to fire them up for this game though. I would give my right arm to hear what Saban has to say to the team before kickoff though.

We could just as easily turn that video around and use it for our own motivational purposes. Whats sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander. OK now you video expects get to work.

Back
Top Bottom