| FTBL List of Bama Jr's that might leave for the NFL

Complete list of all players drafted by round and their contract

Irv Smith #50 5.7 total for 4 years with 2,2 signing bonus round 2
Damien Harris #84 3.6 total with 886k signing bonus round 3
Christian Miller #115 3.5 total and 734 signing bonus round 4

The deal on these 3/4/5 and even 2nd round deals is you get all the guaranteed money in year one thus they can cut you in year two without losing much in the cap deal thus that total contract deal is meaningless if you can't make the roster.

Complete list of all players drafted by round and their contract

Irv Smith #50 5.7 total for 4 years with 2,2 signing bonus round 2
Damien Harris #84 3.6 total with 886k signing bonus round 3
Christian Miller #115 3.5 total and 734 signing bonus round 4

The deal on these 3/4/5 and even 2nd round deals is you get all the guaranteed money in year one thus they can cut you in year two without losing much in the cap deal thus that total contract deal is meaningless if you can't make the roster.

I would take any of those salaries and not look back...

Luke Easterling of USA Today has his own "mock draft" out for the first 4 rounds. I don't really follow the NFL, so I don't know if this guy has any credibility or not.
He has 14 BAMA guys going in his first 4 rounds!!!!
Tua- 3rd overall
Jeudy- 4th overall
Ruggs- 13th overall
R Davis- 18th overall *
Diggs- 20th overall *
Wills- 25th overall
Moses- 29th overall
Leatherwood- 2nd round 33rd overall
T Lewis- 2nd round 35th overall #
X McKinney- 2nd round 38th overall
D. Smith- 2nd round 59th overall
Najee- 3rd round 68th overall
Shyheim- 3rd round 85th overall *
Jennings- 3rd round 94th overall *

#- redshirt junior
*- senior

Luke Easterling of USA Today has his own "mock draft" out for the first 4 rounds. I don't really follow the NFL, so I don't know if this guy has any credibility or not.
He has 14 BAMA guys going in his first 4 rounds!!!!
Tua- 3rd overall
Jeudy- 4th overall
Ruggs- 13th overall
R Davis- 18th overall *
Diggs- 20th overall *
Wills- 25th overall
Moses- 29th overall
Leatherwood- 2nd round 33rd overall
T Lewis- 2nd round 35th overall #
X McKinney- 2nd round 38th overall
D. Smith- 2nd round 59th overall
Najee- 3rd round 68th overall
Shyheim- 3rd round 85th overall *
Jennings- 3rd round 94th overall *

#- redshirt junior
*- senior
Probably right but I still have a hard time seeing injured players going so high...
Is there a precedent?

Lot of difference than major hip injury...but maybe not..

It was Bradford's throwing shoulder. I would say that is equal or greater than Tua's hip. Had it been Bradford's non-throwing shoulder, I would agree with your statement, for sure.

Kind of like when Barney went to the lady manicurist and told her...."be careful, that's my trigger finger, you mess that up and I might as well quit the business."

MV5BODQ1Yzg3MGMtYTQ5OS00NjIwLWFkMmQtODkxMTViNzJmNzljXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjUxNDg0Nzc@._V1_.jpg

It was Bradford's throwing shoulder. I would say that is equal or greater than Tua's hip. Had it been Bradford's non-throwing shoulder, I would agree with your statement, for sure.

Kind of like when Barney went to the lady manicurist and told her...."be careful, that's my trigger finger, you mess that up and I might as well quit the business."

MV5BODQ1Yzg3MGMtYTQ5OS00NjIwLWFkMmQtODkxMTViNzJmNzljXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjUxNDg0Nzc@._V1_.jpg
That’s awesome... love Barney....absolutely one of the greatest tv characters of all time

Tua is still saying he has not decided yet.

Miles Jack and Jaylon Smith went between 34-36 about 3 years ago coming out after very serious leg injuries. Some weren’t sure those guys would walk without a limp, much less play ball at a high level.

Tua is still saying he has not decided yet.

Wow, very pleased to hear such a wonderful mindset and his breakdown of his decision. He is educated which isn't always the case, and his family appear to be on whatever side he decides with no forced opinion, which is rare as well. I just hope whatever decision he makes, it's the right decision and what he wants. I'm behind him with whatever he decides.

If Dylan listens to his dad and all goes well with his eligibility he'll be back next season. A few guys that fans are assuming are leaving are indicating that's not their plan.

January 20th is the final date for declaration if you didn't know already.

If Dylan listens to his dad and all goes well with his eligibility he'll be back next season. A few guys that fans are assuming are leaving are indicating that's not their plan.

January 20th is the final date for declaration if you didn't know already.

Copied from elsewhere
Supposedly McElroy said on the radio that he heard a lot of juniors that were projected to leave right now are saying they are coming back.

Copied from elsewhere
Supposedly McElroy said on the radio that he heard a lot of juniors that were projected to leave right now are saying they are coming back.
That's good to hear. I've never listened to his radio show and have wondered if it's more like his TV color or his time at TOL.

Back
Top Bottom