| FTBL List of Bama Jr's that might leave for the NFL

I really could see this WR corps coming back IF Tua decides to come back. It’s an extremely close group of guys and not making playoffs could motivate them to return.

I’m not EXPECTING this to happen, but I‘m not shocked either if it did happen.

Najee will go. Not a lot of RBs will go in the first round (nothing personal, it's just how the NFL needs them)

D. Smith will go. He's had some monster games. My personal opinion is he needs some muscle.

A lot of the existing rankings will change with the combine and personal workouts.

I believe the NFL folks will hold his size against his wallet come draft day even though he (to me) is the better of the group all around. He can adjust to the balls thrown him as good as anybody I recall at Bama.

I really could see this WR corps coming back IF Tua decides to come back. It’s an extremely close group of guys and not making playoffs could motivate them to return.

I’m not EXPECTING this to happen, but I‘m not shocked either if it did happen.

I think Jeudy is gone no matter what, but I can see the rest possibly happening to be honest. Maybe I'mbeing naive, but something has me thinking it could.

Anything is possible but jeudy would be giving up a top 5-6 slot by staying. Ruggs is mocked mid 1st and may break the combine 40 yd dash time for a wr. Ive maintained that I could see devonta staying if he isn't at least early 2nd rd. Would be a big boost if he came back to pair up with waddle and mentor the younger guys.

I think most of those guys do leave. A couple of the linemen I could see staying. looks like the offense will be a completely different animal next season huh?!?!?

As to what these guys choose is anyone's guess. Without knowing home life or family situations, they may all elect to go regardless of draft grade. Just look at Mack Wilson.
Of the 3 WRs- I think 1 will stay, Smith or Ruggs. Jeudy is gone.
Tua- $60 million guess!! Goes!
Xavier- likely leaves
Najee- the knock on him will be his lack of break away speed. As far as running between the tackles, he made himself some $$$$ the last half of the season. He still will have a productive career in the NFL. Gone
T lewis- honored on Sr day. As Saban says- get yourself some good tape and he has that. Gone
B Rob- returns. He hasn't gotten that tape yet
Moses- returns to really prove he is that top ILB and is healthy
Brown- wants more Cornbread!! Needs some better pass pro tape to be honest. He was exposed at times Saturday.
Leatherwood and Wills- both have graded out pretty high all season long with few sacks allowed and missed blocks. I think they both leave with Wills going higher
Ray- got to be healthy and get some good tape

I don't see any lack of selflessness in any of our guys...all situations are different . I also think it a bit naive to think those Clemson guys did it solely out of selflessness, only 2 were guaranteed 1st rounders.

As to what these guys choose is anyone's guess. Without knowing home life or family situations, they may all elect to go regardless of draft grade. Just look at Mack Wilson.
Of the 3 WRs- I think 1 will stay, Smith or Ruggs. Jeudy is gone.
Tua- $60 million guess!! Goes!
Xavier- likely leaves
Najee- the knock on him will be his lack of break away speed. As far as running between the tackles, he made himself some $$$$ the last half of the season. He still will have a productive career in the NFL. Gone
T lewis- honored on Sr day. As Saban says- get yourself some good tape and he has that. Gone
B Rob- returns. He hasn't gotten that tape yet
Moses- returns to really prove he is that top ILB and is healthy
Brown- wants more Cornbread!! Needs some better pass pro tape to be honest. He was exposed at times Saturday.
Leatherwood and Wills- both have graded out pretty high all season long with few sacks allowed and missed blocks. I think they both leave with Wills going higher
Ray- got to be healthy and get some good tape

Great synopsis.... A few slight changes from my POV

-Moses is likely the top ranked ILB... That's a pretty big deal. I don't see him passing that up unless there are issues with his medical stuff throughout the process

-Ruggs is gone. Right now he's a top half of first round guy, that's a no brainer. Pretty much a guaranteed 1st rounder

-Leatherwood will go before Wills. Playing the left side is more valuable and he appears to have a longer frame

-RTR

Leatherwood will go before Wills. Playing the left side is more valuable and he appears to have a longer frame

But Wills did protect Tua's blindside. Just saying. Also, I would be interested to know the differences in wingspan on the two. That is the more telling sign since AL is listed at 6'6" and JW listed at 6'5", so not much difference.

But Wills did protect Tua's blindside. Just saying. Also, I would be interested to know the differences in wingspan on the two. That is the more telling sign since AL is listed at 6'6" and JW listed at 6'5", so not much difference.

Fair point! Except I don't see any other lefty QB's in the League.... So it's about the reps & footwork on the left side that add value.

Unless the same team wants to Wills & Tua! There's an idea

I don't see any lack of selflessness in any of our guys...all situations are different . I also think it a bit naive to think those Clemson guys did it solely out of selflessness, only 2 were guaranteed 1st rounders.
And you know that how? Regardless of their reasons, they came back for the greater good whether it was to win a title, improve their draft position or both. And the mere fact that they did return shows they were selfless considering their 7 or 8 figure contract is more than most people will earn in a lifetime.

Last edited:
Fair point! Except I don't see any other lefty QB's in the League.... So it's about the reps & footwork on the left side that add value.

Unless the same team wants to Wills & Tua! There's an idea

True! Many OL get shifted around though once they hit the league. James Carpenter, Andre Smith, and DJ Fluker are just a few that come to mind. Wills could transition over to the left side with a good showing at the combine.

Back
Top Bottom