| FTBL "Let's murky the recruiting waters to hurt..."

Guys,

You should have known that this wasn't serious when you read it. Who is going to give a barner 5 times his annual salary in a Work Comp case?

While that one is pitiful , this is the one that is really sad .....

...you think you are frustrated by the underhanded tactics of our rival? How do you think our coaching staff feels? It is their JOB to bring the best players for Auburn into the fold - we are just interested observers. How would the Honda salesman feel if he knew the Chrysler people were using illegal/underhanded tactics and undue pressure to draw customers away from him and toward them?

This is why I know that the people who should be moving to shine some light on this are doing what they need to do. Something (or several things) was rotten last year, and the stench has become even stronger this year. Us? We just need to hold our nose next week, be glad that we were able to put together another solid class in spite of it all, and know that they will be exposed and get what is coming to them...again.

Is it hard to watch people be rewarded for doing things the wrong way? Sure. It won't be easy to watch the 'home run trot' that breaks out next week. But it was hard for the people who played the game of baseball too. But they were patient, they 'held their nose' through it all, and they knew the truth would come out in the end.

A related thought:

Bless the High School coaches out there who are not willing to compromise their integrity.

Bless the parents and families who are willing to stand up and say, "my child is not for sale."

Bless the prospects (teenagers, by the way) who are strong enough to say, "I appreciate your advice, thank you for your guidance, you have been like a second (and, in some cases, only) father to me, but I WILL DECIDE which school is best for ME."

As long as enough of these exist. As long as enough kids are willing, AND ABLE, to take an honest look at several programs and decide which is best for them, Auburn will be just fine.

I'd suggest some professional help - ASAP . :roll:

vincent the chin said:

...you think you are frustrated by the underhanded tactics of our rival? How do you think our coaching staff feels? It is their JOB to bring the best players for Auburn into the fold - we are just interested observers. How would the Honda salesman feel if he knew the Chrysler people were using illegal/underhanded tactics and undue pressure to draw customers away from him and toward them?

This is why I know that the people who should be moving to shine some light on this are doing what they need to do. Something (or several things) was rotten last year, and the stench has become even stronger this year. Us? We just need to hold our nose next week, be glad that we were able to put together another solid class in spite of it all, and know that they will be exposed and get what is coming to them...again.

Is it hard to watch people be rewarded for doing things the wrong way? Sure. It won't be easy to watch the 'home run trot' that breaks out next week. But it was hard for the people who played the game of baseball too. But they were patient, they 'held their nose' through it all, and they knew the truth would come out in the end.

A related thought:

Bless the High School coaches out there who are not willing to compromise their integrity.

Bless the parents and families who are willing to stand up and say, "my child is not for sale."

Bless the prospects (teenagers, by the way) who are strong enough to say, "I appreciate your advice, thank you for your guidance, you have been like a second (and, in some cases, only) father to me, but I WILL DECIDE which school is best for ME."

As long as enough of these exist. As long as enough kids are willing, AND ABLE, to take an honest look at several programs and decide which is best for them, Auburn will be just fine.

I found some irony in that post Vincent.

When the posters said, "How would the Honda salesman feel if he knew the Chrysler people were using illegal/underhanded tactics and undue pressure to draw customers away from him and toward them?"

Honda came to the US in the 70's and we see over a few decades, while Chrysler has had a few up's, they've taken over a large portion of the auto market. It's a better product.

Here, we have a better product on the recruiting trail in our staff and it looks like we've taken over the state. Chrysler is shutting down plants right now. Auburn is shutting down pipelines to some of the high schools they used to have success in...IE: You don't know how ticked off Antoine McLain's coach is with Auburn stating they pulled his scholly. Mind you, this is AFTER they called twice trying to get in the door with McLain and he turned down both requests.

As a fan base, we've been called arrogant a lot. If arrogant is defined by "laughing at what rivals fans are saying" then so be it. I'm arrogant.

i would like to think on this website we have some pretty sensible barner fans that post (sometimes :D ). i would like to hear what they have to say on this pathetic excuse of obsession. but then again, maybe their silence speaks volumes. :wink:

TerryP said:
vincent the chin said:

A related thought:

I found some irony in that post Vincent.

When the posters said, "How would the Honda salesman feel if he knew the Chrysler people were using illegal/underhanded tactics and undue pressure to draw customers away from him and toward them?"

Honda came to the US in the 70's and we see over a few decades, while Chrysler has had a few up's, they've taken over a large portion of the auto market. It's a better product.

Here, we have a better product on the recruiting trail in our staff and it looks like we've taken over the state. Chrysler is shutting down plants right now. Auburn is shutting down pipelines to some of the high schools they used to have success in...IE: You don't know how ticked off Antoine McLain's coach is with Auburn stating they pulled his scholly. Mind you, this is AFTER they called twice trying to get in the door with McLain and he turned down both requests.

As a fan base, we've been called arrogant a lot. If arrogant is defined by "laughing at what rivals fans are saying" then so be it. I'm arrogant.

aubrun IS the Chrysler of the college football world. Historically plagued with performance and quality issues, a very good coach (Iacocca/Dye) got his coaching experience with a premier manufacturer and made them respectable, for a time. They have since squandered that heritage, gotten in the briars of foreign ownership, and now are owned by corporate raiders intent on financial gain, even at the demise of the company. On the flip side, Bama's recruiting has shifted gears from the Z06 model to this year's ZR1.

To keep this automotive angle active, is it not peculiar that Ford introduced the Edsel on the heels of aubrun's sole, probabation-tainted championship? I think not.

RTR,

Tim

Tubberville, stays in his office expecting recruits to come to him, goes duck hunting.....

Saban works his arse off on the recruiting trail and in recruiting talent.

Maybe they should be developing conspiracy theory about Tubs instead of thinking the only way Bama gets players is by paying them. Maybe Auburn has been doing it for years, and that is the reason why they would think everyone else is doing it?

Saban will earn his money turning Bama around. While Tubberville sits back in his office and recruits, Saban has burned a trail and shut down the borders.

Saban's Contract

Page 22 Section 7 (a)

rwui5y.jpg

Considering he's recruited well everywhere else he's been, and that he'll be fired if he was cheating, I'd say it's safe to say that he just works extremely hard of the University :)

By the way:

Coaching Hotseat States that CNS is (at the moment) the 4th highest paid coach behind Weiss, Carrol, and Stoops (Someone rush this into ESPN ASAP, maybe then Saban's $$$ will not be the point of topic at Bama's next game on ESPN)

Back
Top Bottom