| RECRUIT Lane Kiffin is hitting the Portal rivaling Prime time.

FSU showed it to us this year, if you do it right, you can put together a good team.

I can see the portal being a two edged sword. On one hand you are getting a proven commodity of talent that has shown they can play at the college level, but on the other hand you don't have someone you have brought along in your culture and knows the "process" (if you will) to being a winner. If you get too many high dollar egos on a team, it will be just like a NFL team full of ring-less superstars.

FSU showed it to us this year, if you do it right, you can put together a good team.

I can see the portal being a two edged sword. On one hand you are getting a proven commodity of talent that has shown they can play at the college level, but on the other hand you don't have someone you have brought along in your culture and knows the "process" (if you will) to being a winner. If you get too many high dollar egos on a team, it will be just like a NFL team full of ring-less superstars.
How he is gonna work his roster will be interesting.

Said this in the transfer thread, but Kiffin is putting together a team that can (and should) make a run next season... Basically taking this year's team and making them even better, and this year's team would have been in the 12 team playoff format. It's an NFL approach by Kiffin, summarized by @rammerjammer, but without spending and roster restraints. They'll have the roster. They'll have a pretty favorable schedule. If Kiffin can keep it in the lines, I could easily see a top 3 SEC finish in '24. I do think, part based on assumption, part based on chatter, that Kiffin would be looking hard for a new school with a good bit of '24 success.

IMO, you can build a good team for a season through the portal but it is impossible to sustain a program that way.

Back
Top Bottom