| FTBL Keeping a Level Head with Success

Southern Bama

Verified Member
Ive been a lurker here for several months now and decided to join in. Great Forum BTW... :) But I feel compelled to jump in for just a moment on the Georgia game. Alot here already have us whipping them up and down the field and moving on to the next game... Georgia will come to play and we will have to bring our best game...better than we have played all year in order to win...Confidence is good for the players...but to be cocky is irresponsible...I can recall a cocky team from Miami showing up in New Orleans one particular Sugar Bowl and a little ole team from Tuscaloosa with a level head handed their rear ends to them :D Never underestimate the competition... :wink:

I haven't seen any posts about us whipping them up and down the field. I surely don't see anyone being cocky as most know we have yet to see the true identity of this team.

Most here understand it will be a very tough game, even harder to win. But if JPW and company bring thier A-game, anything is possible. Most of the members on this forum are very level-headed IMO and don't drink too much of the crimson kool-aid.

Welcome to the forum.

Well I haven't seen it much here, and if they are saying such things...it's probably in a joking way. We have a pretty level headed group of posters here, but I won't deny some are sunshine pumpers. :lol:

Southern Bama said:
Ive been a lurker here for several months now and decided to join in. Great Forum BTW... :) But I feel compelled to jump in for just a moment on the Georgia game. Alot here already have us whipping them up and down the field and moving on to the next game... Georgia will come to play and we will have to bring our best game...better than we have played all year in order to win...Confidence is good for the players...but to be cocky is irresponsible...I can recall a cocky team from Miami showing up in New Orleans one particular Sugar Bowl and a little ole team from Tuscaloosa with a level head handed their rear ends to them :D Never underestimate the competition... :wink:

Well, I'll agree with you Southern, and welcome to the board!!

I have also noticed some posts that would have us derailing the Dawgs without so much as batting an eyelid. However, I think those may be the vocal minority. Even if some of us are a little too confident, I hope that CNS is able to keep those boys' heads from floating away.

Thanks Guys...Im glad to be here :) I did not mean to imply everyone had gone off the deep end...and I hope that the majority of us can keep things in perspective and not let to emotions get the best of us....although it is fun winning some games :D As long as the boys on the field can keep their heads screwed on straight and not listen to the hype and EXPECTATIONS of alot of us,,,,they should play well. The atmosphere in Athens is going to be WILD and the Dawgs are gonna play...they are going to bring one heck of a game..and we need to do the same. Their freshman receiver is awesome...alot feel he is better than Julio and after watching his performance this weekend, they have a good arguement. But Julio is from my hometown and ive watched his performances...superhuman is all I can say..the boy is something fun to watch...

Back
Top Bottom