Kapernick Shakedown/ Roll Tide Laura

2 items......i think there is plenty of outrage....at what this loser did.... and rightfully so..

And mayb...the people not getting out for reville or retreat...maybe they CANT...

Any way.....so many pissing on this country....tradition and substance.... and so many just don't understand how Great they have it...black...whites...libs or conservative...
Disgusting to me...

So DC... I think we are in agreement..

Recently retired and still work on base. They are fully capable of it.

I still find it sad that people are more outraged at what he did as opposed to why he did it. Spare me the disrespect to the flag Bulls hit. I see active and retired on a daily basis purposely stay in their car or stay inside when reveille and retreat are about to be played.

Well it obviously means a lot to enough people to threaten business, thus why he can't find a team. The flag means a lot to us folks that didn't serve because we know the sacrifice it takes to protect it, and people like yourself and others that gave that sacrifice mean a great deal to us. We may not understand the reasons why you and others that have served don't take offense, but maybe it's the way we feel we can defend y'all and support your efforts whereas there are so many in this country that do not appreciate what you've done. We also know there are a lot of folks that go into the service that simply hate school and don't know what to do with their lives, so maybe they don't see it as representing a country and fighting for what so many of us appreciate, but yet see it as a way to make more money than they would flipping burgers. In the end, it doesn't really matter what you, me, or anyone else thinks, but the majority of Americans feel strong about this, and they're the ones that will be sided with. So many people cannot communicate these days, because all they know is how to argue, and I think that's why this is still a thing. Respect what the masses want and move on with your life. If you don't like it, tough nuggets, because one vote doesn't outweigh millions of votes.

The NFL is all about $$$. Without $$$ there is no NFL, so of course these billionaire owners are going to side with those that give them $$$, because it's ultimately all about the $$$ to them. They don't want to hurt their brand from a financial standpoint.

y As far as military men and women who don't get out for reveille or retreat. A) they have at least stood a post for their country. B) Reveille and Retreat aren't in the same realm of importance as our national anthem.[/QUOTE said:
What plays during retreat?

So if you make or have money then be grateful and shut up. Got it.

It's hard to claim you are oppressed for being black when you have a free education, great job, great house in a great neighborhood, a great car, you were able to vote for anyone you wanted and you had a black president (also not oppressed).

So yes, if you are claiming black people today are oppressed then I would say shut up as they have more advantages afforded to them than my kids will have.

It's hard to claim you are oppressed for being black when you have a free education, great job, great house in a great neighborhood, a great car, you were able to vote for anyone you wanted and you had a black president (also not oppressed).

So yes, if you are claiming black people today are oppressed then I would say shut up as they have more advantages afforded to them than my kids will have.

Is HE claiming to be oppressed. And for the record I won't say blacks are oppressed... But discrimination is alive and well

Is HE claiming to be oppressed. And for the record I won't say blacks are oppressed... But discrimination is alive and well

To be fair, it goes both ways. Throw out history, in today's world everyone is discriminated against in some way shape or form. Whether it's because of history, beliefs, religion etc, everyone is discriminated against.

You are right discrimination is alive and well but who is being discriminated against has changed tremendously. But back on topic, as you stated above black people are not oppressed, so Kapernick sitting for the anthem until blacks are no longer oppressed.. is total horse sh*t. All it does is offend people who view it as disrespectful to the people who have fought and died for their country. This should end your surprise of why people are still talking about what he is doing rather than why he is doing it. His reason for doing it is B.S. and it is disrespectful to the majority of the country.

His reasoning is not oppression. Just as there are people that have fought that view it as disrespectful, there are those that have fought that dont see it as disrespectful. People get outraged and things they are told they should be outraged at.

His reasoning is not oppression. Just as there are people that have fought that view it as disrespectful, there are those that have fought that dont see it as disrespectful. People get outraged and things they are told they should be outraged at.

His reason is not oppression? Here is his exact quote for why he is doing it. "I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color," Kaepernick told NFL Media in an exclusive interview after the game.

People do get outraged over what they at old to but generally the crowd that this upsets aren't the normal "sheep" who follow the leader. That tends to be a younger, more niave group of people. I am former military, my grandfather fought in WWII, Korea and Vietnam. My Father and Mother were in the Military as well as my brothers. As long as we have been here we have fought for our country. A rich brat who doesn't respect or understand what his freedom cost rubs some of us the wrong way.

PS. my mother and her family immigrated here (legally) and fought their heart out for that flag

His reason is not oppression? Here is his exact quote for why he is doing it. "I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color," Kaepernick told NFL Media in an exclusive interview after the game.

People do get outraged over what they at old to but generally the crowd that this upsets aren't the normal "sheep" who follow the leader. That tends to be a younger, more niave group of people. I am former military, my grandfather fought in WWII, Korea and Vietnam. My Father and Mother were in the Military as well as my brothers. As long as we have been here we have fought for our country. A rich brat who doesn't respect or understand what his freedom cost rubs some of us the wrong way.

PS. my mother and her family immigrated here (legally) and fought their heart out for that flag

So if he is saying he won't stand because of racism in this country, why do you keep equating it to nationalism? If you could somehow weave it into a civil war that was fought in this country that was all about racism, that would seem to compute. Otherwise, he has made it clear that his issue has nothing to do with nationalism.

I'm still trying to understand this statement....
I will take the bait Chase. There isn't any outrage at what he did that I have heard. What is upsetting to me and some others (the NFL base viewers) is that he is choosing to disrespect a tradition that honors the men and women who have fought and died to give him the right to be free, protest and vote. It is also aggravating that a man who makes millions of dollars a year to be below average at his job would complain about him and his race being oppressed while he is a millionaire and the president who is supposed to fix it was black too. The people you honor by standing for the anthem is not the people who can fix it. Blame the person who let black unemployment, welfare and food stamps sky rocket higher than any president in history... oh wait he is black too.

People who were offended (not outraged and lighting peoples stores on fire) handled it correctly. They stopped buying tickets, jerseys and stopped watching it on TV. They spoke by not supporting it and the owners heard the message clearly. This is the reason the he can't get a job.. not because he is half black. Why pay a below average quarterback millions, to be a distraction for your team and offend the people who would give you the money to pay him?

As far as military men and women who don't get out for reveille or retreat. A) they have at least stood a post for their country. B) Reveille and Retreat aren't in the same realm of importance as our national anthem.

As far as reveille or retreat are concerned., IIRC (it's been a while), neither of those have anything to do with standing at attention and saluting. Reveille, means get your hind parts up and out of bed, and taps means lights out, go to bed! 'Colors' were held when Old Glory was raised or lowered for the day, and people were required to face the flag and salute, or place their hands over their heart. At least that's what I recall, I may be slightly off on nomenclature, but that's pretty much the gist of it.

Roll Tide!

I go to alot of high school events and I see both men, women, and kids wearing hats, talking, and on their phones while the national anthem is being played.

When I go to a college games or pro games, I see the same thing there. Where is the outrage...

I never cared for Kaepernick kneeling during the anthem, it's his choice (which I do support), I just thought it was a terrible decision (I do believe you show respect while the anthem is being played, it means something to me probably because I served in the military). That being said, he brought some things to light, but did it at a huge cost to himself. Luckily he made $29M from the 49ers and who knows how much he made from endorsements.

As far as reveille or retreat are concerned., IIRC (it's been a while), neither of those have anything to do with standing at attention and saluting. Reveille, means get your hind parts up and out of bed, and taps means lights out, go to bed! 'Colors' were held when Old Glory was raised or lowered for the day, and people were required to face the flag and salute, or place their hands over their heart. At least that's what I recall, I may be slightly off on nomenclature, but that's pretty much the gist of it.

Roll Tide!

The retreat ceremony serves a twofold purpose. It signals the end of the official duty day and serves as a ceremony for paying respect to the flag. And at the bases ive been stationed or served duty at, its followed by the National Anthem.

Birdman..... you are guilty of a drive by hissy fit. Not unlike the liberal/antifa terrorist that used his car as a weapon in Charlottesville.

You are unbelievably delusional.

So if you make or have money then be grateful and shut up. Got it.

Their entire belief is you have the freedom of speech, as long as you dont offend THEM with your speech. Ironic considering these are the same people that whine about liberals being "snowflakes" and offended by everything. If people got outraged everytime an unarmed person was gunned down by cops as much as they did about a fucking QB kneeling during the national anthem, maybe we wouldnt have it happen so much...

Never heard it that way. Retreat always followed by To the Colors where I've been.

The retreat ceremony serves a twofold purpose. It signals the end of the official duty day and serves as a ceremony for paying respect to the flag. And at the bases ive been stationed or served duty at, its followed by the National Anthem.

You are unbelievably delusional.

Their entire belief is you have the freedom of speech, as long as you dont offend THEM with your speech. Ironic considering these are the same people that whine about liberals being "snowflakes" and offended by everything. If people got outraged everytime an unarmed person was gunned down by cops as much as they did about a ******* QB kneeling during the national anthem, maybe we wouldnt have it happen so much...

You are a colossal douche bag. I don't give a fuck if you're a Bama fan or not...you are a beta male of the highest order. The fact that you can't see the hypocrisy in just about everything you say when it comes to social/political issues borders on the unbelievable.

Speaking strictly from the Army side of things; IAW AR 600-25; SOLDIERS AND CIVILIANS must render "courtesies" during "Reveille" , "Retreat" as a prelude "To The Colors." On Army posts ALL vehicles stop and persons render honors etc! In my 26 (active and DoD) years of service, I've never heard (on Post) the National Anthem played after "Retreat" or "To The Colors."

Back
Top Bottom