Kapernick Shakedown/ Roll Tide Laura

I actually agree with most of what you said, except this... standing for the national anthem isn't a requirement to be employed in the NFL. There is no policy nor team policy stating it is.

NFL: Players are encouraged but not required to stand for national anthem

I didn't say they had to stand, or that Google said there would be no dissension over diversity. It's just that what you do in the workplace, productive and unproductive, factors in a decision to hire/retain. Employers simply can choose not to employ you if they think you're not worth it (productivity minus hassle). Running to the fine print of an employee handbook only makes someone appear more difficult.

I think you'll have your answer if we can locate that forum on here when we found out Terrance Cody was charged with fighting dogs. Pretty sure everyone on here disowned him and had some pretty bad things to say.

The last person Kapernick needed were the Bennett Brothers. Those two are just a couple of loudmouthed dumbasses that without football would be flipping burgers. Lynch has always been a strange one to figure and I think folks see him more as a comedy and not a serious individual, like Snoop Dogg. My answer will be to disconnect from any Alabama player that pulled something like this. Yeah, that's a "me" answer, and I have the right to feel and respond that way. I just don't think you have real men that work their asses off that are going to do this. They know the costs to get where they are. They may feel a certain way, but I'm willing to bet they're not dumb enough to disrespect millions in voicing their opinion on it.

It's an issue that doesn't seem to be fading away, with or without Kaepernick. Goodell felt the need to address this publicly this weekend as well. Now that the Virginia fiasco is on the books, my guess is that the young and restless will be looking for even more face time.

That’s part of it, but IMO, Kaepernick compounded things when he wore police pig socks and a Castro shirt. At least, that’s the way I view it personally.

Exactly. He poured a barrel of gasoline on the fire he started. If he would have just taken his knee and then played well, he would be on a roster. His bad QB play compounded with this stupid stuff have kept him on the outside looking in.

Long time Bama fan. Used to watch videos of goal line stand through the drought of the 1980s. Love the Tide. As a white man motivated by the parable of the Samaritan my first empathy is for the oppressed and marginalized. I cannot blame any African American who wishes to protest the National Anthem. It shows remarkable grace for any of them to stand. Yes, a few make millions playing a game but that does not change hundreds of years of slavey and Jim Crow. Black Lives Matter is a reaction not the cause. We all know what the cause is. I know white people who still aren't over Pearl Harbor but we expect black people to be over all the suffering that white people have put them through. I just cannot imagine the Jesus of the gospels spewing the self righteous indignation that I read from some. I will keep pulling for the Tide as I am a proud southerner from Alabama. I am just not so proud I can't admit my ancestors were dead wrong. Everybody felt righteous at the crucifixion but innocence still suffered. That is the way of things. I will not respond. I have said what I needed to say. I bear no malice and hope we win #17.

Long time Bama fan. Used to watch videos of goal line stand through the drought of the 1980s. Love the Tide. As a white man motivated by the parable of the Samaritan my first empathy is for the oppressed and marginalized. I cannot blame any African American who wishes to protest the National Anthem. It shows remarkable grace for any of them to stand. Yes, a few make millions playing a game but that does not change hundreds of years of slavey and Jim Crow. Black Lives Matter is a reaction not the cause. We all know what the cause is. I know white people who still aren't over Pearl Harbor but we expect black people to be over all the suffering that white people have put them through. I just cannot imagine the Jesus of the gospels spewing the self righteous indignation that I read from some. I will keep pulling for the Tide as I am a proud southerner from Alabama. I am just not so proud I can't admit my ancestors were dead wrong. Everybody felt righteous at the crucifixion but innocence still suffered. That is the way of things. I will not respond. I have said what I needed to say. I bear no malice and hope we win #17.

Comparing slavery to the suffering of Christ is almost blasphemy. BLM is a hate group pure and simple. I disagree with most of the statements from the rainbow coalition but at least they aren't killing people, assassinating policemen, lighting innocent peoples, stores, cars or homes on fire. They protest peacefully for the most part and have helped change law. BLM only divides race relations further much like KKK or skinheads... it's stupid.

Owning another human being was wrong and will always be wrong. The way black people were treated in some areas before civil rights was wrong. But please don't compare black slaves to Jesus and white people to the jews.. That is asinine and an incorrect analogy.

When the African where shipped here, they where shipped here by there fellow black men to be sold as workers/ slaves. These men and women had no trade skills, could not read or right or provide for themselves in any way. In the beginning it was the only way they would have survived here.

In a perfect world, society would have brought them into their homes, cared for them as one of them family, educated them, taught them a trade and allow them to enter society. But being as most of the people who could afford to purchase slaves were wealthy land owners, they had crops or livestock to maintain which was a full time job. The delima becomes, should they have paid them a wage for manual labor and let them just figure out how to survive, being unskilled and uneducated or provided them, a place to live, food, medical care and in some cases educate them? I guess at that time the second seemed more feasible. The civil war wasn't about slavery, the North didn't come invading the South on a white horse to save the slaves.. that too is a false narrative.

In my opinion, the real crime was in the leading up to the sixties and the way race relations were then. By that time black men and women were able to provide for themselves and were treated like they were a sub species of human, some of what was from bitterness, some of it was that was how they grew up treating them but it wasn't right. People had to look at the situation with a fresh perspective to see the wrong in it because it was what they knew.

Today's black society is not enslaved, not oppressed, not set aside, not held back in any way. Actually, they have more advantages and opportunity then white people. There is no affirmative action saying how many white people you must employ, white people don't get additional money for education just because they are white, they don't get special consideration for small businesses loans and their business doesn t get special tax breaks. There aren't any white business only revitalization projects going on but there are many that are being done that are only allowing minority owned businesses to participate .. These bids are being done all over and white owned businesses aren't even allowed to bid.

I say all that to say this, for a black person to sit for the anthem because they are oppressed is total bull sh+t. They are grandstanding.. There is no bias towards them and police arrest and harass criminals not black people. To say anything else is a lie. So at that point, grandstanding by being disrespectful to the flag that stands for the freedom they now enjoy because of the millions of men and women who fought and died for it... pisses people off.

Comparing slavery to the suffering of Christ is almost blasphemy. BLM is a hate group pure and simple. I disagree with most of the statements from the rainbow coalition but at least they aren't killing people, assassinating policemen, lighting innocent peoples, stores, cars or homes on fire. They protest peacefully for the most part and have helped change law. BLM only divides race relations further much like KKK or skinheads... it's stupid.

Owning another human being was wrong and will always be wrong. The way black people were treated in some areas before civil rights was wrong. But please don't compare black slaves to Jesus and white people to the jews.. That is asinine and an incorrect analogy.

When the African where shipped here, they where shipped here by there fellow black men to be sold as workers/ slaves. These men and women had no trade skills, could not read or right or provide for themselves in any way. In the beginning it was the only way they would have survived here.

In a perfect world, society would have brought them into their homes, cared for them as one of them family, educated them, taught them a trade and allow them to enter society. But being as most of the people who could afford to purchase slaves were wealthy land owners, they had crops or livestock to maintain which was a full time job. The delima becomes, should they have paid them a wage for manual labor and let them just figure out how to survive, being unskilled and uneducated or provided them, a place to live, food, medical care and in some cases educate them? I guess at that time the second seemed more feasible. The civil war wasn't about slavery, the North didn't come invading the South on a white horse to save the slaves.. that too is a false narrative.

In my opinion, the real crime was in the leading up to the sixties and the way race relations were then. By that time black men and women were able to provide for themselves and were treated like they were a sub species of human, some of what was from bitterness, some of it was that was how they grew up treating them but it wasn't right. People had to look at the situation with a fresh perspective to see the wrong in it because it was what they knew.

Today's black society is not enslaved, not oppressed, not set aside, not held back in any way. Actually, they have more advantages and opportunity then white people. There is no affirmative action saying how many white people you must employ, white people don't get additional money for education just because they are white, they don't get special consideration for small businesses loans and their business doesn t get special tax breaks. There aren't any white business only revitalization projects going on but there are many that are being done that are only allowing minority owned businesses to participate .. These bids are being done all over and white owned businesses aren't even allowed to bid.

I say all that to say this, for a black person to sit for the anthem because they are oppressed is total bull sh+t. They are grandstanding.. There is no bias towards them and police arrest and harass criminals not black people. To say anything else is a lie. So at that point, grandstanding by being disrespectful to the flag that stands for the freedom they now enjoy because of the millions of men and women who fought and died for it... pisses people off.

It's like I always say, if you really want to know what it's like walking in the shoes of a black man, just ask a southern white boy with cable.

Can we kill this thread like CK has killed his career? I just hate seeing the damn thing refreshed!!

He made the choice and he has that right to express his opinion. He also needs to be aware of the consequences that come with expressing that opinion. His faltering performance on the field didn't help matters either. It seems like he was replaced first and then came his stance or lack thereof. I'm fading from the spotlight. I have to get the attention back on me. I know. Refuse to stand for the National Anthem. Wear a facist communist shirt to pressers, "pig" socks to practice so the media can see them.

I'm done with the NFL outside of checking on our former players. Done with it!!!

Can we kill this thread like CK has killed his career? I just hate seeing the damn thing refreshed!!

He made the choice and he has that right to express his opinion. He also needs to be aware of the consequences that come with expressing that opinion. His faltering performance on the field didn't help matters either. It seems like he was replaced first and then came his stance or lack thereof. I'm fading from the spotlight. I have to get the attention back on me. I know. Refuse to stand for the National Anthem. Wear a facist communist shirt to pressers, "pig" socks to practice so the media can see them.

I'm done with the NFL outside of checking on our former players. Done with it!!!

I was ready to let it die until that last post and knowing there are young people reading this board I didn't want them to by a very false narrative from the JTbama post. Also, for any one wondering who Jim Crow is from his post. He was a Senator who served for like 50 years in congress, he was also like a Grand Dragon or something in the KKK. He was a racist in the biggest way possible a real dirt bag. He was a Democrat.

Everyone should educate themselves about the plight of the Irish. My people were slaves prior to Africans being shipped over. The Irish were enslaved by the brits and shipped to the new world. Many Irish women were breeders because the mixed offspring were more desirable than either of the parents.
So...........fuck BLM, CK, KKK, NAACP, SCLC and fuck a bunch of crying ass snowflakes.

This thread has opened my eyes. After reading these comments I see why things are the way they are today.

With that being said here's to a healthy and great season of football. I appreciate most of you guys welcoming me here and some of the conversations we've had about football.

Farewell my fellow Bama fans.

This thread has opened my eyes. After reading these comments I see why things are the way they are today.

With that being said here's to a healthy and great season of football. I appreciate most of you guys welcoming me here and some of the conversations we've had about football.

Farewell my fellow Bama fans.

Just remember we're not all like that Chase. Thank you for your service and Roll Tide you man.

Yep. Your "rights" are rights separating you from the Government. Not separating you form responsibility or consequences.
Hey Bird, serious question...If you are on assignment, and you take a photo, does that photo belong to, you or your employer?
Curious, because I know what has been said here, at my place of employment.

Yep. Your "rights" are rights separating you from the Government. Not separating you form responsibility or consequences.
Hey Bird, serious question...If you are on assignment, and you take a photo, does that photo belong to, you or your employer?
Curious, because I know what has been said here, at my place of employment.

Well, we have a photographer for games and things like that. But lets say I was at a scholarship signing or something like that and I took a picture that was to be used in the story, the company owns it.

I doubt you're comforting anyone, dude.

Dont seem to recall posting that to you.

Well, we have a photographer for games and things like that. But lets say I was at a scholarship signing or something like that and I took a picture that was to be used in the story, the company owns it.

Dont seem to recall posting that to you.

Posting on a public forum means you're posting for everyone and open to response. You're in the media, you understand.

Back
Top Bottom