| FTBL Just how good is our O-line?

Swamptick

Verified Member
I watch them and am just amazed. Even on plays that Arky seems to KNOW we are running, all I see is a wave of white tops pushing the Arky defenders out of the way.

How good are we really up there?

I posted this ONE play before the Upchurch touchdown.

I know we are not playing LSU or UG here...but I see so much on that line that I like. So strong. So assertive.

Swamptick said:
I watch them and am just amazed. Even on plays that Arky seems to KNOW we are running, all I see is a wave of white tops pushing the Arky defenders out of the way.

I didnt like it when i saw Wilson go down. We got to do better than that.

BigAl said:
Swamptick said:

I thought Wilson had a lot of time today, just held the ball too long. He either needs to get rid of it quicker or the receivers need to do a better job of getting open. It's hard to blame the line on a lot of those plays where Wilson went down.

RollTideRandy said:
BigAl said:
Swamptick said:

I thought Wilson had a lot of time today, just held the ball too long. He either needs to get rid of it quicker or the receivers need to do a better job of getting open. It's hard to blame the line on a lot of those plays where Wilson went down.

I think you hit on it right there, RTR. I thought JPW just ran out of options of where to throw the ball and then ran out of time. There certainly were not a lot of "jail breaks" . BTW, the pass to Earl Alexander in the 1st quarter was the sweetest pass thrown all year by JPW. Really hit his target with double coverage converging on the play and pressure on him to boot.

bamafan4ever said:
RollTideRandy said:
BigAl said:
Swamptick said:

I think you hit on it right there, RTR. I thought JPW just ran out of options of where to throw the ball and then ran out of time. There certainly were not a lot of "jail breaks" . BTW, the pass to Earl Alexander in the 1st quarter was the sweetest pass thrown all year by JPW. Really hit his target with double coverage converging on the play and pressure on him to boot.

That was a fine pass to Alexander....eye of the needle there.

Back
Top Bottom