| FTBL Jonathan Lowe

Have you guys been as impressed as much as I have about J-Lowe the last 2 games? He came in under the radar vs. LSU and I thought had a great game. Then again at MSU he played as tough as anyone on the field in my opinion. He was hitting the holes hard and making extremely quick cuts.

What I can't figure out is, when he is average over 4 yds per carry, why we only use him for one series every now nad then and don;t give him a chance to get in the rythem. He has been having more success than Grant running inside in my opinion. He has definitely been a spark.

I seem to remember asking similar questions last year after taking out Jimmy Johns when he was running all over the place and putting back in the good ole Darby up the middle play. I'm not second guessing CNS but sometimes I wish I knew what was happening!

Someone said Lowe is smaller than Grant. If so, he runs bigger. I mean, Terry's fast and quick, but I don't find him breaking many tackles. Lowe is also fast and seems to have the strength to break a tackle or two. JMO, of course.

TG has gotten happy feet just like Darby did. Until he gets that crap out of his head, I don't see TG being the TG we've all loved to see run earlier in the season.

CrimsonPirate said:
Someone said Lowe is smaller than Grant. If so, he runs bigger. I mean, Terry's fast and quick, but I don't find him breaking many tackles. Lowe is also fast and seems to have the strength to break a tackle or two. JMO, of course.

I've heard Grant's weight quoted at 192, but the roster on rolltide.com shows 5-10, 188. They show Lowe at 5-7, 184. They both rely on hitting the hole quick and making folks miss.

RTR,

Tim

rammajamma said:
I seem to remember asking similar questions last year after taking out Jimmy Johns when he was running all over the place and putting back in the good ole Darby up the middle play. I'm not second guessing CNS but sometimes I wish I knew what was happening!

As opposed to running a more power running attack trying to hit a seam like last year, many of the delays up the middle I've seen this year look like they are intended to spread the field, create space for Lowe and Grant, and let them evade and get upfield. That's just my take on it - I haven't heard a coach explain it.

RTR,

Tim

I noticed that Jonathan Lowe is from Central High of Phenix City, also Woodrow Lowe's alma mater.

I do know that Woodrow has two sons, Woodrow Jr. and Benjamin. Is Jonathan related to Woodrow?

That Woodrow Lowe was one heck of a player and always gave 100% for the Tide.

RTR!

bear facts said:
I noticed that Jonathan Lowe is from Central High of Phenix City, also Woodrow Lowe's alma mater.

I do know that Woodrow has two sons, Woodrow Jr. and Benjamin. Is Jonathan related to Woodrow?

RTR!

Woodrow is Jonathan's uncle. Jonathan's father (and Woodrow's brother) Eddie was a linebacker at Alabama (1980 - 82.)

It Takes Eleven said:
BAMA JAMMA said:
TG has gotten happy feet just like Darby did. Until he gets that crap out of his head, I don't see TG being the TG we've all loved to see run earlier in the season.

D-Line in backfield = Happy Feet
this is the bottom line guys. we are not winning the battle at the line of scrimage!!

This is all I could find BF.

Basically, it was a lot of confusion and misunderstanding," Lowe said.

"My parents didn't feel comfortable with me being there. So they felt it was best for me to transfer."

Lowe's father, Eddie, was a starting linebacker for Bear Bryant's last three teams. And his uncle, Woodrow Lowe, was a three-time All-America at Alabama.

But Jonathan said his mother, Deborah, was the driving force behind the decision.

"With my mom, (she) is going to be a mom, period," Lowe said. "So when things aren't going the way she feels they need to be going, she steps in. She leaves the football up to me and my dad and my uncle.

HeflinLady said:
bear facts said:

RTR!

Woodrow is Jonathan's uncle. Jonathan's father (and Woodrow's brother) Eddie was a linebacker at Alabama (1980 - 82.)

Thanks Serena. I had forgotten about Eddie.

kudzu said:
This is all I could find BF.

Basically, it was a lot of confusion and misunderstanding," Lowe said.

"My parents didn't feel comfortable with me being there. So they felt it was best for me to transfer."

Lowe's father, Eddie, was a starting linebacker for Bear Bryant's last three teams. And his uncle, Woodrow Lowe, was a three-time All-America at Alabama.

But Jonathan said his mother, Deborah, was the driving force behind the decision.

"With my mom, (she) is going to be a mom, period," Lowe said. "So when things aren't going the way she feels they need to be going, she steps in. She leaves the football up to me and my dad and my uncle.

Sorry kudzu. :oops:

Great additional info though! Hope this young man will develop and become a presence for us. I have a very soft spot (and high hopes) for legacy players. They usually don’t have to be taught how special the Capstone and everything associated with it is because they already know. :wink:

bear facts said:
HeflinLady said:
bear facts said:

RTR!

No problem Factor. You know you’re my favorite 102 year old guy! :wink:

HeflinLady said:
bear facts said:
HeflinLady said:
bear facts said:

RTR!

No problem Factor. You know you’re my favorite 102 year old guy! :wink:

Even one losing his memory? :wink:

Back
Top Bottom