| FOOD Is this the answer to the great chicken sandwich debate of 2019? Chick-Fil-A vs Popeye's.

No sandwich can be that good. Especially a fast food one.
This past week I was at a truly old fashioned "diner" (that happens to be across the street from Popeye's) and out of boredom I was watching how quickly customers were moving through their drive-thru. In a span of eight minutes I saw three cars get their order (none of them had ordered when I started watching.) On average, from order to food pickup they were running about nine to eleven minutes. I'll tell ya...having family in the restaurant business for years that's a horrible service time. Horrible.

Conversely, there's a Chick-Fil-A that's located just down the street at the entrance to Lowe's. About two weeks ago I'd stopped at a coffee house which was across the street from that location. In a span of about 10 minutes I saw at least 13-15 orders placed and received: from order to food pick up.

You can do the math and see the difference between the service of the two places.

I still haven't had a Popeye's sandwich. I still haven't seen a reason to wait that much longer to try something I'll eat once in the next couple of years.

Caveat: I don't eat fast food often. Saying "I seldom eat fast food" is being too gracious.

Popeye's is slow and their service is crap. I know someone who posted their experience with them this week. Went in and ordered spicy chicken tenders. Got their order and sat down. A few minutes later someone brings them some more and he was confused since he only had ordered one meal. The servers says to throw away the first onces because they weren't sure how long those had been sitting around. He actually thought that was good service and was saying how much better that was than Chick-Fil-A. Chick-Fil-A would never have let the stale ones go out to begin with.

Back
Top Bottom