| FTBL If Bill O'Brien takes the Nebraska job, who steps in as interim?

BoB wasn't mediocre at Penn St - he took over the most toxic situation in college football history, NCAA sanctions and scholarship reductions, and kept that program together and was universally lauded for what he did there before being hired away by the NFL
This is very accurate. In 2011 they went 9-4. Paterno was fired after game 9 due to the mess going on (they were 8-1 then). BOB went 8-4 and 7-5 his two years there with only 65 scholarships total and many of the starters transferring. Some of those losses were terrible though.

BoB wasn't mediocre at Penn St - he took over the most toxic situation in college football history, NCAA sanctions and scholarship reductions, and kept that program together and was universally lauded for what he did there before being hired away by the NFL
15-9, never higher than second place in their division. It was mediocre. He definitely walked into a bad situation but outside of just completely cratering, his time there was mediocre. Then he went to Houston and completely decimated an entire franchise.

Translated:

shut-up-lalala.gif

Of course receivers make a big part of QB play...as does Oline...
But its the HCs team...he puts it together...
Follow along as I type slowly. 🙃

Offensive schemes based on wide receivers routes; not the development from Riley at the QB position which you're lauding.

Riley runs an Air Raid offense. It's an offense that is based on wide receivers routing (in this case, specifically the Y cross both shallow and deep.) It doesn't take a dynamic QB to run that offense.

You won't find me nor anyone else suggesting Jalen didn't benefit from his time at OU. That said, his time in OU was reflective of the development he experienced under Enos. The very things we were critical of with Jalen's play we didn't see his last season here. What we did see both that season and the year he was in Norman mirror each other.

Rather than sound like a plumber giving electrical advice I'd suggest doing a lot of research in both the Air Raid and the Fun 'n Gun. 🙃 Both are based, literally, on running to a spot and throwing to a spot. It's not complicated.
You give credit to other than Riley..or Dabo...but its their team! Built by them...
Managed by them...
I'm giving credit where it's rightfully due. I'm giving credit to whom it's rightfully due. I'm giving that credit because I saw it—as did others if they would have watched Jalen both seasons—with my own two eyes.

Managed is not the same as developed. Therein is the crux of this conversation.

I call Dabo a cheater because he was one at Bama and is one at Clemson. I call him a hypocrite because he is one. He's your modern day Southern Baptist found fishing, alone, on Saturday with a case of beer only to criticize anyone drinking on Monday. He's not the same person in life as his "self-created" persona. That can also be termed as one being a fraud.

Notice no reference to coaching there.

15-9, never higher than second place in their division. It was mediocre. He definitely walked into a bad situation but outside of just completely cratering, his time there was mediocre. Then he went to Houston and completely decimated an entire franchise.

Talk about a guy who doesn't get it. You just blew past the Sandusky scandal and the nuclear fallout from it. He had the same amount of scholarships as FBS teams did, and Penn St's best players transferred.

How many division titles did he win at Houston while he was "decimating" the franchise?

Like Jay Barker, AJ doesn't know shit about what's happening in Tuscaloosa. Someone tag Mike McCoy.

O my goodness...
Terry...Terry...Terry

Of course receivers make a big part of QB play...as does Oline...
But its the HCs team...he puts it together...

Hurts worked hard...great kid...played hard for Bama...
But he isnt where he would be without transfer to LRs OK team..
You give credit to other than Riley..or Dabo...but its their team! Built by them...
Managed by them...

Period
You seem to miss what Terry was trying to say.

OK team- Bama team: Both had good OL, WRs. Jalen has proved his worth. He replaced Tua when he was hurt in SEC Championship. His growth in that game was put on display and that's when we knew he was going to be real good QB going forward because of his progress. NO body bothered to notice that his rushing yard has declined each year he was at Alabama, then when he came to OK, Lincoln made use of himand I believe they ran lot of RPO offense. So once he got to NFL, Same process. Third year in and he's already excelling. Kid is legit. He proved that his freshman year, and his last year before he left for OK, proved it again at OK, and he proved it this year.

Talk about a guy who doesn't get it. You just blew past the Sandusky scandal and the nuclear fallout from it. He had the same amount of scholarships as FBS teams did, and Penn St's best players transferred.

How many division titles did he win at Houston while he was "decimating" the franchise?
He rarely gets it....
Ike other few...only get what they want...
Probably no coach in modern times had harder job than BoB at PSU

He was left with few scholarships and most of the team transferred out. The Houston thing he admits was because he decided to coach and GM instead of just coach.

You seem to miss what Terry was trying to say.

OK team- Bama team: Both had good OL, WRs. Jalen has proved his worth. He replaced Tua when he was hurt in SEC Championship. His growth in that game was put on display and that's when we knew he was going to be real good QB going forward because of his progress. NO body bothered to notice that his rushing yard has declined each year he was at Alabama, then when he came to OK, Lincoln made use of himand I believe they ran lot of RPO offense. So once he got to NFL, Same process. Third year in and he's already excelling. Kid is legit. He proved that his freshman year, and his last year before he left for OK, proved it again at OK, and he proved it this year.

I get what Terry is saying...I don’t agree...
JH Was a QB that HAD to be replaced by a freshman non starter in his second season in a national championship game in second half... because of ......
No production...no potential production....i guess to NS

Loved JH...saw every game he played at Bama ...."run da ball". He could

Never saw the potential...he showed at OK....or at present
He has worked hard and got excellent coaching at OK

Follow along as I type slowly. 🙃

Offensive schemes based on wide receivers routes; not the development from Riley at the QB position which you're lauding.

Riley runs an Air Raid offense. It's an offense that is based on wide receivers routing (in this case, specifically the Y cross both shallow and deep.) It doesn't take a dynamic QB to run that offense.

You won't find me nor anyone else suggesting Jalen didn't benefit from his time at OU. That said, his time in OU was reflective of the development he experienced under Enos. The very things we were critical of with Jalen's play we didn't see his last season here. What we did see both that season and the year he was in Norman mirror each other.

Rather than sound like a plumber giving electrical advice I'd suggest doing a lot of research in both the Air Raid and the Fun 'n Gun. 🙃 Both are based, literally, on running to a spot and throwing to a spot. It's not complicated.

I'm giving credit where it's rightfully due. I'm giving credit to whom it's rightfully due. I'm giving that credit because I saw it—as did others if they would have watched Jalen both seasons—with my own two eyes.

Managed is not the same as developed. Therein is the crux of this conversation.

I call Dabo a cheater because he was one at Bama and is one at Clemson. I call him a hypocrite because he is one. He's your modern day Southern Baptist found fishing, alone, on Saturday with a case of beer only to criticize anyone drinking on Monday. He's not the same person in life as his "self-created" persona. That can also be termed as one being a fraud.

Notice no reference to coaching there.
I am a slow country bumpkin i know...but i read fast...so dont have to slow down typing tohelpme...some say i do just fine for ignorant Tennessee hillbilly

I saw every game JH QBed...most in person... plus many dozen games before...and after...been around sport a long time...saw a good collegeQB...with limitations...

Now one thing...if you would brought it up that i would have agreed on...big 12 Ds were easier to read and go against than most SECw Ds...at the time..
Would have lead to more padded passing stats...

If you are going to give "credit rightfully due" than you shouldgiveLR credit ..
And his Heismen QBs... if it was all scheme...then every QB he an SS coached would be Heisman winners...

I know "managed"...teams and programs are..."developed"...players are

I am glad you are enthralled with Enos....i think LRwill do well at USCw...even without Enos..... and presently at there #6 ranking ( maybe 7 or 8)

Now...

PERIOD...(.my final word)
On to other things

@50+yeartidefan A comparison for you to consider is Mike Leach. When he was at Texas Tech he wasn't tearing up the Big 12. He couldn't recruit to TTU as well as coaches at Texas and Oklahoma can due to their name.

However, his wide receivers were as wide open as the ones Riley had at OU. That was a direct result of Mike running the Air Raid offense. He wasn't developing QB's, just game managers like Spurrier and Riley.

@50+yeartidefan A comparison for you to consider is Mike Leach. When he was at Texas Tech he wasn't tearing up the Big 12. He couldn't recruit to TTU as well as coaches at Texas and Oklahoma can due to their name.

However, his wide receivers were as wide open as the ones Riley had at OU. That was a direct result of Mike running the Air Raid offense. He wasn't developing QB's, just game managers like Spurrier and Riley.
I guess nick didnt see it either.
And check it. Bama had some dandy receivers for a down field threat. Tua found em

If he had progressed so f,ing much...what was the anemic O vs AU
Damn. It might be time for you to hang this one up. When I said you couldn't remember that season I didn't realize it was this bad.

Bama put up over 50 in that game against Auburn. Jalen had the last TD on a one play scoring drive (Waddle TD.) Coincidentally, his third read of the pattern(s) in an RPO.

Back
Top Bottom