| FTBL Alabama offensive coordinator Bill O'Brien 'emerging as option' for NFL, New England Patriots return

rick4bama

Bama Fan since 1965 and counting....
Alabama offensive coordinator Bill O'Brien 'emerging as option' for NFL, New England Patriots return

BillO'BrienAlabamaOC
Alabama offensive coordinator Bill O’Brien figures to rely heavily on RB Jahmyr Gibbs as both a runner and receiver against LSU. (Kevin C. Cox/Getty Images)
Bill O’Brien could be leaving his post in Tuscaloosa to make his way back to the NFL.
According to NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport, the former New England Patriots offensive coordinator and Houston Texans head coach could return to Foxborough next season, which would end his time as Nick Saban’s offensive play-caller at Alabama.
“Sources say Alabama offensive coordinator Bill O’Brien is a strong option to return to his former home and assume his old role as OC under Bill Belichick for next season,” wrote Rapoport. “This would be a potential answer to an important question facing the Patriots in the future.
“O’Brien has been the Crimson Tide’s OC for two seasons under Alabama head coach Nick Saban and will call plays against Kansas State in the Sugar Bowl on New Year’s Eve.”
After being fired by the Texans during the 2020 season, O’Brien was brought to the SEC to run Alabama’s offense over the last two seasons. He’s been at the helm for star quarterback Bryce Young’s time leading the team, helping the quarterback to a Heisman and the team to an SEC title during his time.
Originally, O’Brien rose to prominence as an offensive assistant under Bill Belichick in New England, serving as their offensive coordinator in 2011 before taking his talents to Penn State to takeover the Nittany Lions in 2012. With the Patriots offense struggling throughout the 2022 season and looking for an identity, Belichick could be more than eager to welcome O’Brien back to the NFL.
Additionally, O’Brien has been looking to get back to the NFL as well, as he’s interviewed for multiple gigs while serving as Saban’s assistant over the last season. His time at Alabama was always limited, and it wouldn’t be a shock to see him move on already.

Alas, time will tell what Bill O’Brien decides to do, but it’s evident he could be on his way out of college football for the NFL once again.

Not good enough for a college football program...
But
Good enough ( or perfect fit) for a multi million dollar pro football program!!!!!!!!

While i agree with many about good ole BOB...i do have a small problem.....with
how one fits and one doesnt....

Anybody find that a conundrum....( being a question with only conjecture answer).....

The Patriots need him. Patricia is killing that team.
But if he is that good for pats
wouldn't he be equally good for bama?

Finished 2 once and 5 once with him being oc
I guess thats my whole thing. Was he really not a good OC. Developed a HT winner.
Scored mucho points.
Should have and could have won all 4

Looking back on the 4 losses. Did the offense do its job. Or does it fall on DC and D which was........bad

I guess thats my whole thing. Was he really not a good OC. Developed a HT winner.
Scored mucho points.

Looking back on the 4 losses. Did the offense do its job. Or does it fall on DC and D which was........bad
When he was with the Pats before he did a great job.

He doesn’t particularly care for college and everything that goes into it

Scored mucho points.

I think the NFL is honestly more simplistic than the college football.

Back
Top Bottom