| FTBL If Bama Wins Out Do They Make The Playoffs

A whole month + week to go.

Plenty of time to worry.

CF is so full of upsets. And losing to another P5 team and early in season.

But... sure would stop the naysayers about the expanded playoffs

Watch the USC n Washington game this weekend. May be the start of dominoes

I would think wins over LSU/Kentucky/UGA would move us up in the rankings against other 1 loss teams... I would also expect there are not 4 undefeated teams at the years end... they typically is not that many.
If Oregon wins out they'll have played against as many ranked teams as Bama. The biggest difference would be Bama will have beaten a top ten team. We'll also be looking at a one loss OSU or Michigan.

Five undefeated teams as of today. There's a chance we could see four. UW will be favored in their remaining games. If they win this weekend they'll likely see Oregon again. FSU doesn't have a ranked team left on their schedule and it looks like they'll face Louisville in the ACCCG. UGA has three ranked teams left on their schedule and then the SECCG. And we're left watching OSU and Michigan...with a four way tie right now on their CG opponent.

There's a road for each team ...

If Oregon wins out they'll have played against as many ranked teams as Bama. The biggest difference would be Bama will have beaten a top ten team. We'll also be looking at a one loss OSU or Michigan.

Five undefeated teams as of today. There's a chance we could see four. UW will be favored in their remaining games. If they win this weekend they'll likely see Oregon again. FSU doesn't have a ranked team left on their schedule and it looks like they'll face Louisville in the ACCCG. UGA has three ranked teams left on their schedule and then the SECCG. And we're left watching OSU and Michigan...with a four way tie right now on their CG opponent.

There's a road for each team ...
Don’t forget the conference champion credit. If tOSU or Michigan lose and don’t make it to their conference championship game (with only one loss), they should be ranked below a one-loss Alabama, Big12 or Pac12 conference champion.

Zero, absolute zero way if Alabama wins out and beats Georgia they do not make the Playoffs.
We need a Texas loss or a Washington and Oregon loss to be able to say that. There's too many undefeated teams ahead, and the article states predominantly that Texas would get in over us due to the head to head match-up. Even if we end with the better SOR or SOS. Texas will still probably get the nod over us if we don't have another team or two fall.

Don’t forget the conference champion credit. If tOSU or Michigan lose and don’t make it to their conference championship game (with only one loss), they should be ranked below a one-loss Alabama, Big12 or Pac12 conference champion.
The only game of note for either team is next weekend (11th) when OSU hosts Penn State. A home loss for the Buckeyes would benefit Bama. The two meet the last weekend of the regular season when OSU travels to Michigan.

Without looking that deeply at either team logic tells me OSU is favored over PSU, and UM will be favored over OSU. Ideally, we see UM beat OSU to remain undefeated but the B1G steps in and rules they are ineligible for the post-season. That would send a two loss OSU team to the B1GCG when they'll likely face a team that finishes around .500 in conference play.

If there are 4 other more deserving play off contenders, so be it. At this point, I just want us to get to Atlanta, with or without another loss ... and with or without playoff hopes, and beat the crap out of Georgia. I really think they are suspect. I want us to remind the nation that our dynasty is big enough to endure and outlast 3 two-time winning national championship programs: Florida, Clemson, and now Georgia.

All of this is good conversation but we need to beat LSU this weekend. Way to much poor playing by Bama to take anything for granted at this point. Take care of what we can take care of the rest will work itself out. We put ourself into this position by how we have played and we will have to get ourself out of this position the same way.

The only game of note for either team is next weekend (11th) when OSU hosts Penn State. A home loss for the Buckeyes would benefit Bama. The two meet the last weekend of the regular season when OSU travels to Michigan.

Without looking that deeply at either team logic tells me OSU is favored over PSU, and UM will be favored over OSU. Ideally, we see UM beat OSU to remain undefeated but the B1G steps in and rules they are ineligible for the post-season. That would send a two loss OSU team to the B1GCG when they'll likely face a team that finishes around .500 in conference play.
I believe OSU beat Penn State last weekend 20-12 in an ugly offensive performance by both.

Penn State hosts Michigan next weekend. Maybe they will knock the Wolverine’s off, but I doubt it.

We need a Texas loss or a Washington and Oregon loss to be able to say that. There's too many undefeated teams ahead, and the article states predominantly that Texas would get in over us due to the head to head match-up. Even if we end with the better SOR or SOS. Texas will still probably get the nod over us if we don't have another team or two fall.

We beat #1, we jump them. Early season loss with a new quarterback over a late season team cooking with gas and beating #1-#3 would be in. They are not leaving the SEC out of the Playoff.

Back
Top Bottom