| FTBL i know we don't like to talk about the barn on here but...

jdpas29

Verified Member
i just want to go out on a limb and say that the first decent team that plays the barn is going to beat them convincingly.

barn fans seem to be delusional about their team this year. after watching Alabama flounder for just about my whole life, i'm pretty good at spotting a weak or troubled team. they got problems.

i know they'd like to fire back about our team and our expectations for this year after the clemson tulane fallout, but my eyes aren't lying to me. i know what kind of team Alabama is fielding this year and i'd rather have that team than what the barn has this year. a meltdown of barntastic proportions is on the way. i can smell the hot manure.

Maybe.

Their defense looks pretty good. I think I'll reserve judgement on their offense until they get the kinks worked out. Too early for either side to start talkin' smack IMO.

Roll Tide

Re: i know we don't like to talk about the barn on here but.

jdpas29 said:
i just want to go out on a limb and say that the first decent team that plays the barn is going to beat them convincingly.

barn fans seem to be delusional about their team this year. after watching Alabama flounder for just about my whole life, i'm pretty good at spotting a weak or troubled team. they got problems.

i know they'd like to fire back about our team and our expectations for this year after the clemson tulane fallout, but my eyes aren't lying to me. i know what kind of team Alabama is fielding this year and i'd rather have that team than what the barn has this year. a meltdown of barntastic proportions is on the way. i can smell the hot manure.

I don't think our team knows what kind of team we have yet...I sure don't have a grasp on how good we can be.

But, as to your subject here, I'm still thinking they are a 4-4 type SEC team.

The Barn will probably finish around 8-4. The front 7 is pretty good but the secondary still hasn't been weaned. I think the QB situation will end up causing alot of problems before the season ever finishes. I sure do hate it for them!! :lol: It couldn't happen to a better bunch of inbreds !!

BamaDelta said:
Hmmm, I don't know. I think AU will beat LSU and control the west. Hate it! :x

I'm not interested in hearing why your hubbie thinks so. :wink: :D

But, why do you think so?

I don't see it happening. In fact, I'm closer to saying LSU handles them with relative ease than I am thinking Auburn wins this game.

I got to go with TP on this one. I think with AU's suspect secondary and the fact that LSU has plenty of talent.....all LSU needs is some decent QB play and they will be a very difficult team to beat makes LSU the team to beat in the West.

TerryP said:
BamaDelta said:

I don't see it happening. In fact, I'm closer to saying LSU handles them with relative ease than I am thinking Auburn wins this game.

My thoughts also Terry.

rammerjammer said:
I got to go with TP on this one. I think with AU's suspect secondary and the fact that LSU has plenty of talent.....all LSU needs is some decent QB play and they will be a very difficult team to beat makes LSU the team to beat in the West.

That's where the problems begin. They won't get it vs. Auburn's defense. Just too much up front.

TerryP said:
BamaDelta said:

Well Terry in the words of my favorite ESPN announcer their defense is just "nasty". Next time you talk to our good buddy Rece would you please tell him he made my husband's year by calling them "nasty". And then after that please ask him to never do it again. :wink:

The running game will be clicking, the defense will be swarming and the crowd will be rocking - all to my dismay. LSU came in there two years ago with Jemarcus Russell and couldn't do a thing. I don't look to see any difference come Sat. :?

BamaDelta said:
TerryP said:
BamaDelta said:

Well Terry in the words of my favorite ESPN announcer their defense is just "nasty". Next time you talk to our good buddy Rece would you please tell him he made my husband's year by calling them "nasty". And then after that please ask him to never do it again. :wink:

The running game will be clicking, the defense will be swarming and the crowd will be rocking - all to my dismay. LSU came in there two years ago with Jemarcus Russell and couldn't do a thing. I don't look to see any difference come Sat. :?

Interesting you bring this game up because Auburn couldn't do a damn thing on offense that game. While they did win the game (7-3) Jemarcus had a pretty good game. Auburn's defense was the difference in that game, no doubt, considering they stopped LSU twice in the 4th quarter where LSU should have put points on the board.

Considering the talent LSU has on defense (I firmly believe they may be as talented, if no more, that last year and certainly better than their NC team of '03) I don't think that Auburn is going to be able to rely on their running game as an advantage in this game.

As we all know, their passing game is unproven while at the same time untested.

Recall, this was during the era that Borges was considered "God's gift to the Plains" in terms of offensive coordinators.

I don't think the defense Auburn has, albeit good, is going to be enough to deal with the LSU line (easily one of the best in the SEC) and the running backs in this ball game.

Now, that said, I think Auburn has a 4 game winning streak in Jordon-Hare right now against LSU.

I've thought since before spring there were going to be somethings continuing down there that would serve to make their '08 campaign rocky. I haven't seen anything that went against those thoughts...in fact, I've seen more stuff that confirmed them.

TerryP said:
BamaDelta said:
TerryP said:
BamaDelta said:

Interesting you bring this game up because Auburn couldn't do a damn thing on offense that game. While they did win the game (7-3) Jemarcus had a pretty good game. Auburn's defense was the difference in that game, no doubt, considering they stopped LSU twice in the 4th quarter where LSU should have put points on the board.

Considering the talent LSU has on defense (I firmly believe they may be as talented, if no more, that last year and certainly better than their NC team of '03) I don't think that Auburn is going to be able to rely on their running game as an advantage in this game.

As we all know, their passing game is unproven while at the same time untested.

Recall, this was during the era that Borges was considered "God's gift to the Plains" in terms of offensive coordinators.

I don't think the defense Auburn has, albeit good, is going to be enough to deal with the LSU line (easily one of the best in the SEC) and the running backs in this ball game.

Now, that said, I think Auburn has a 4 game winning streak in Jordon-Hare right now against LSU.

I've thought since before spring there were going to be somethings continuing down there that would serve to make their '08 campaign rocky. I haven't seen anything that went against those thoughts...in fact, I've seen more stuff that confirmed them.

I hope you're right. I see AU as the stronger team, but I hope I don't know what I'm talking about.

I agree with TerryP on the 4-4 record. i don't think they have enough offensive weapons in their WR's to challenge the top teams in the SEC. I think they lose to LSU and GA for sure and all the other conference games are a toss up for them.

TerryP said:
I don't think our team knows what kind of team we have yet...I sure don't have a grasp on how good we can be.

Me neither and watching the Clemson game for now a third time on 360.com, a few passes that were dropped by their receivers, one less penalty here or there and that would have been a much closer game.

Sorry guys but I think it's tough to get a good read on BAMA, AU or LSU at this time. Lsu handled a great Div. II team (or whatever they call themselves these days) but shouldn't a defending BCS champion do that? I mean, we're not talking about a faltering Meechigan program here. Their game with Troy was postponed due to Gustav damage but they should have handled them ok too. BTW, LSU should be ashamed of their cream puff schedule this year. It's appalling for a team coming off a MNC.

AU looked better against a USM club after looking kind of helter skelter against ULM but they do have issues to address. I think MSU will be the biggest challenge they have faced by far despite the puppy dogs loss to La. Tech. Croom still has a special place in his heart for Aubrun. I want to see what Burns and Todd do against a better defense in MSU.

Aubruns offense still looked dismal against USM(Field position killed USM). USM ran the ball pretty well at times against them as well....but it is still to early to tell.

ok.. grant it... i didn't watch the first half of the barn/usm game, but in the second half, Aubrun's offense looked pretty awful. the #44 running back they have looks and runs like a tight end. that's ok against a mediocre defense, but it will not cut it against a fast D.

the noobie QB appeared to rattle easily and USM's line was getting to him a bit. if they can do it, so can the rest of the SEC.

USM scored on the barn's secondary with fairly quick passing routes. one brilliant play to their faster than normal tight end who ran a corner route to the left side and went right past the CB and the safety was 2 steps to slow getting to him. a good quick dink and dunk passing game will destroy the barn's defense. i think they're good against the run, but they will get exposed both ways when they try to cover their weakness by dropping LBs into coverage to ease the load on their safeties.

i think MSu has a shot albeit a small one.

not to mention the fact that if Todd were to get injured or even rattled, the backup Burns is horrid.

Back
Top Bottom