| FOOD Grillin' and Chillin'...

Meatballs:

cfe81fa539856292b82bd093384b8472.jpg

That looks good, but would you like to have a drink with your ice?

Pizza rolls and french fries. Im sadder than you snout

Edit: wife is working and just me and the kids. To HELL with cooking anything

Hey, I'm not sad about it. The tater tots were delicious. Something seemed off about the battered fish fillets, though. Not up to their usual snuff. I hope it's not a permanent change.

13327846.jpg

50FBCAA2-1669-BB77-48AC-B96F2D4CFDFF.jpeg

When my wife cooks, it's usually something fairly involved and delicious. When I cook, it's something frozen 75% of the time.

Do you Texas Crutch it? I'm usually somewhere between you and Bill for a normal 8lbs butt.
I smoked about 60 pounds of butts in my offset barrel smoker for that fundraiser in about 10-11 hours using the new (to me) Minion Method.

I made a fire basket out of expanded steel, piled the lump coal and wood mix in it, and dumped hot coals on top. Had to tend the fire only twice, and that was after approximately 7 hours of continual burn at 225 degrees.

-Sent via Tapatalk for Android

Smoked a couple whole hens last week.

Didn't brine, just injected and let them rest to room temp for about 4 hours.

Mopped them the last hour or so using a baste/marinade I created with my homemade rub, some apple juice, and some melted butter.

Dear god, they were DELICIOUS.

-Sent via Tapatalk for Android

Cut up another beef tenderloin from Costco, USDA Prime cut. This is the 3rd one I've bought in the last few months and two of the three have had plenty of marble in them.

Gonna probably buy some brisket this weekend from them, USDA Prime for like $3.50 lb.

20150909_065111_zpsbujcssfb.jpg

Welp, I finally did the pork shoulder in soda in the crock pot with an onion that mr. pink suggested. Turned out pretty well according to my wife.

Here's a picture the wife took, doesn't show the meat well, but oh well.

12279152_10205456103217856_5237142420224853582_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom