| FOOD Grillin' and Chillin'...

Can't go wrong with bacon

6d23bd070f955492b3376dd01eb4e30f.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

We almost went to Phils last night. I like the bartenders there. The live bands on Friday are pretty good sometimes too.

Im trying out a the Blue Apron delivery meals for the first time tonight. Korean Tteok and Spicy Pork Ragu.

We almost went to Phils last night. I like the bartenders there. The live bands on Friday are pretty good sometimes too.

Im trying out a the Blue Apron delivery meals for the first time tonight. Korean Tteok and Spicy Pork Ragu.
Phils is just convenient. They take Bama Dining and it's walking distance. I had to stand outside for a bit because the line was so fucking long.

What is that other place? Where is it?

Phils is just convenient. They take Bama Dining and it's walking distance. I had to stand outside for a bit because the line was so ******* long.

What is that other place? Where is it?

Blue Apron is a online food delivery service. They give you a choice of a few different meal options per week. You choose which ever meals you want delivered and they send you pre-measured ingredients to cook the meal at home.

Blueapron.com

FEC post

Let's hear your gluttonous stories.

I saw something this morning that made me think of the FEC. There is a local steakhouse that has a breakfast buffet, only on Sat and Sun. They also make omelettes there in front of you. You chose the ingredients, put them in a small bowl they provide and they make it for you. This is the only reason I go there sometimes, most go there for the all you can eat buffet, not a buffet person myself.

I get up to the omelette station, after ordering my coffee. Pick out my ingredients, japs, bell peppers, onions, mushrooms, black olives and pico. By the time it is finished, I get back to my booth to see someone else had been seated next booth over. They are not sitting there but 4 plates already were sitting there. One plate piled high with bacon, probably about 2 lbs worth. Another plate with just scrambled eggs, again full, likely 12- 16 eggs. Third plate piled with sausage patties and links. Fourth plate piled with hashbrowns. I am expected Shamu to sit there, instead it is a guy smaller than me(I am 6'0", 225). He has two more plates in his hands, a plate filled with what looks like 3 biscuits and gravy, the other was filled with cherry tomatoes. Dude sits down and in the time it took me to eat my omelette, he has already destroyed 5 of the 6 plates of food. Of course, I ate slower, making sure not to look up and ruin my appetite watching him devour. Fellow FEC member, BTW, was wearing his Bama hoodie.

OK, now for a much simpler story from my younger days, when I could eat much more, with a much smaller belly. I once finished a 64 OZ, dinner plate sized burger at one of those, finish it and get it for half price plus your polaroid on the wall, joints.

Rain shut the grill down, had to cook this one in the oven, but the dough and sauce are from scratch, topped it with pepperoni, bacon and grilled Zeigler's plantation style saugage.

Attachments

• Pic-02222016-003.jpg
    Pic-02222016-003.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 20
Looks like your dough turned out good. What recipe did you use?
Pretty simple. The 120 degree water is crucial for the yeast to activate. Once it's mixed you seal it real good and let it rise for about 30 minutes. I used peanut oil on a 16" pizza pan with holes and docked the dough to prevent air bubbles. Comes out crispy on the edges and you can fold the slices like New York style. A good mixer with a dough hook or a bread machine helps a lot too.
  • 1 1/2 cups bread flour or Sir Lancelot high gluten flour.
  • 3/4 teaspoon Fleischmann’s RapidRise or instant yeast
  • 3/4 teaspoon sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • up to 2/3 cup warm water (120°F)
  • 1 Tablespoon olive oil

Back
Top Bottom