"Get to know each other" game?

As a principal, the constant stress that comes from dealing with parents, teachers, students, discipline, calling substitutes, teacher evaluations, common core, food service and a host of other issues that come up during the day and into the night.

If you were the president and could make only one change for our country, what would it be? Only one!

Mike now that's a hard one, but I think it would be with the VA we don't do enough for the Vets. Right now I am going regular to the VA in Tuskegee. I also don't have a problem with the treatment I have been getting. But, we do have a problem with some of our guys not getting the treatment these guys need. So I would like that no matter where a vets need a doctor or treatment these guys can go anywhere in the 50 states.

Require a balanced budget except during declarations of war (eliminating automatic spending increases and refundable tax credits). When interest rates normalize, this country is in a world of hurt.

What is your favorite movie quote?

Wow. Almost too many to choose from. My favorite though .. Maybe "I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore!" Peter Finch was just spectacular in that role.

Favorite Olympic sport to watch? Can be summer, winter, or both.

Good snow. I hate heat and humidity. I hate snow too but at least you can put on more layers .. with heat, you can only take off a few clothes before it becomes illegal in public!

What is your favorite football position?

I just re-read Atlas Shrugged. A demanding book, but a worthy exercise. Currently reading The Grave Robber by Mark Batterson and I Never Met a Story I Didn't Like: Mostly True Tall Tales by Todd Snider (the ne'er do well folk singer). Both are good for markedly different reasons.

What piece of advice from a coach or teacher do you still take with you in your life?

RTR,

Tim

My brother, He told me if I was every in a fight. Hit first it may be the only time you get a hit in.

If you could would you go back and chance one thing in your life?

Pea Patties. Leftover blackeyed peas with an egg, onion and flour to make a batter an then fried like a crab cake or such. My Dad was so poor growing up that nothing went to waste, and making a batter out of peas was a necessity to keep the family fed, particularly since his Dad was gone, r-u-n-n-o-f-t...

what's your best day of your life?

Probably the best day I've had so far was a day I spent in Yangshuo, China .. Woke up and went bamboo rafting on the river, then went tubing down a river from a mountain village into the city with strangers I had just met that morning, then had an amazing lunch of fish, then went caving / played in mud, then rented motorbikes and rode to Moon Hill for a hike, then walked around the city at night and had an amazing 5 course dinner at a hole in the wall joint for about 10 USD, then went out for dinner, drinks, and fooz ball at an international rooftop bar.

How old were you when you started shaving?

Nope. I think I move around a bit too much for it. Turned 18 in Jersey, went to school in DC for 4 years, lived in China for half a year, moved back to PA for 1 year, now I'm in NY. They can't catch me!!!

Favorite food from each group: fruits, veggies, grains, dairy, meat, sweets. GO!

Back
Top Bottom