| FOOD Favorite Chain Restaurant?

Favorite fast food place- Arby’s

As far as fav family place, there really aren’t any. My only family still around here is my mother. The only places we go on special occasions which sometimes have family that is from out of town, are not chains. They have maybe one or two locations but that is it. That is with three different restaurants.

As far as my fav chain…Baumhowers.

Love their fries. Back when they used to have the 5 for $5 roast beef deals a couple of times a year, there was nothing better. I probably haven't eaten there more than 3 or 4 times in the last 6 years or so though.

Baumhower's wings -- NO lie (or is that...bet? :rolleyes:), from the time I was introduced to them in the fall of '89 (Alberta City store) to four years later, every. single. Friday night. Baumhower's wings and fries.

Wings, I have a new wings favorite now, Jefferson's. Really good stuff. Not as big of a chain as Baumhower's, well, it used to be.

My favorite place, however, is Cajun Steamer. Daaaaaaaaaayyyuuuummmmm!!!

Baumhower's wings -- NO lie (or is that...bet? :rolleyes:), from the time I was introduced to them in the fall of '89 (Alberta City store) to four years later, every. single. Friday night. Baumhower's wings and fries.

Wings, I have a new wings favorite now, Jefferson's. Really good stuff. Not as big of a chain as Baumhower's, well, it used to be.

Which Jefferson’s?

Back when wings were cheap, life was good. There was a joint in auburn called Buffalo Connection... on Monday nights they had 10 cent wings... and they were good too. The fries, texas toast, etc were all regular price, but we'd go every Monday night with friends, order a ton of wings, a big baskets of fries and bread... It was the best, college budget or not. For all of auburn's faults, they had some good food around and a good deal was found M-F each night.... like Niffer's $5 burgers every Thursday.

We used to love the 5 for $5, my brother and I. I was mentioning that to the kids a couple of weeks back. Now it’s like 2 for $10…

Ha! Yep, they are advertising that now. And I'd bet you only get 1/2 the roast beef on them that you used to as well... Not sure if they still have it on their menu (I doubt they do), but they used to have a roast beef sandwich called the Big Montana... was basically just a giant sandwich piled high with a ton of roast beef... delicious.

they used to have a roast beef sandwich called the Big Montana... was basically just a giant sandwich piled high with a ton of roast beef... delicious.
They removed that name, but the meat amount remains a front and center option. The Big Montana was a half pound of meat on a bigger bun. The Roast Beef is available in Regular, Double, and Half Pound sizes on the menu boards. They also do the same with the Beef and Cheddar, which is roast beef on an onion bun with cheese sauce and red ranch sauce (which is similar to Arby sauce but not exactly the same as it is slightly sweeter).

They removed that name, but the meat amount remains a front and center option. The Big Montana was a half pound of meat on a bigger bun. The Roast Beef is available in Regular, Double, and Half Pound sizes on the menu boards. They also do the same with the Beef and Cheddar, which is roast beef on an onion bun with cheese sauce and red ranch sauce (which is similar to Arby sauce but not exactly the same as it is slightly sweeter).

They should have kept the name, it demanded respect. Never was a fan of the beef n cheddar's though. Just didn't care for that melted cheese... didn't taste right on the roast beef to me.

Baumhower's has the best honey mustard.

Back
Top Bottom