| FTBL Fall Camp 2023 Thread

There's not a lot of difference in how he's talking about Lawson and how he spoke about HTT a year ago. Here there's not a lot of difference in how he talks about the TE group; specifically mentioning CJ like he does Lawson.

I do see him having one of his "better days" after practice. There's a feeling of mirth he's carrying in the presser.
Just that one word has got me feeling better about the group. He used the word "improvement" a lot last year at this time. "Improvement" to me means betterment at something. "Progress" means getting closer to a goal. Saban can be meticulous with what he says, that's why I'm a little excited about it. I could also be reading too much into his words, and be completely wrong. I hope to see this group play to the old standard, I(and many others) have been starving to see this group play the way I know they can.

Last edited:
We should never get tired at the position, I'll say that. Plenty of capable bodies in that position to rotate if necessary to keep everyone fresh and pounding in the 4th quarter the exact same as the 1st quarter.

Is there any other position group as talented and as deep? I guess OLB would be right there.

Shawn Murphy got PT late last year and looked quite good as a freshman, and he could end up 3rd string this year still.

Is there any other position group as talented and as deep? I guess OLB would be right there.
Running back room.

From page one, the video of Saban's presser when he's talking about the 'backs:

But I like all those guys. I think they all have great attitude, and I think that's one of the strongest positions from a depth standpoint on our team."

Running back room.

From page one, the video of Saban's presser when he's talking about the 'backs:
We're loaded just about everywhere, veterans at each position, guys who've gotten significant playing time last season, and depth as well at each position. Tight-ends would be the position I'd say we're lacking in terms of production, but we do have a lot of talent there at the moment. This teams personnel is capable of winning a championship. We'll see soon enough, I'm excited.

Sifting through what I could find from last year. Not once did he use "progress". "Improvement" was the word he most used at camp last season. That's what's got me excited about the this group, progress is what I've been wanting to hear for years about this position group.

How much of that lack of discussion on LB's was due to the fact that that group was supposed to be a strength to the D, not a weakness?

I don't think this is a surprise.

True!

Another WR bites the dust. We sure have missed on some WR recruits last couple of years. But I guess this doesn't affect our depth because he wasn't listed on the spring roster I believe.
I may be mistaken, he might have been a part of the “Covid class”. No camps, no in person evaluations, etc. His ceiling may very well have been in HS and he simply got passed.

Back
Top Bottom