| CURRENT EVENTS Dianne Feinstein Has Died

I don't just think there's diversity in our government. I know.

Federal workforce:

The numbers don't align perfectly with total population. Blacks are overrepresented - half again - in the Federal workforce. Hispanic Federal employment lags significantly. Less than a two percent difference for whites. Part of this difference for whites and Hispanics is that their portions of the population have changed rapidly in the past two decades, and many Federal employees are well tenured. Whites were 77 percent in 2000, now they're 59 percent.

House and Senate:

The numbers don't perfectly align with total population, but they correlate for blacks, and continue to diversify.

You may continue to believe that people of different races can't represent each other. I know otherwise. What you can't say, though, is that there is a lack of diversity in our government. This information plainly refutes that.
There are
I don't just think there's diversity in our government. I know.

Federal workforce:

The numbers don't align perfectly with total population. Blacks are overrepresented - half again - in the Federal workforce. Hispanic Federal employment lags significantly. Less than a two percent difference for whites. Part of this difference for whites and Hispanics is that their portions of the population have changed rapidly in the past two decades, and many Federal employees are well tenured. Whites were 77 percent in 2000, now they're 59 percent.

House and Senate:

The numbers don't perfectly align with total population, but they correlate for blacks, and continue to diversify.

You may continue to believe that people of different races can't represent each other. I know otherwise. What you can't say, though, is that there is a lack of diversity in our government. This information plainly refutes that.
435 members in the house and 58 are black….youre right pretty diverse, I should’ve known better….

Its not that I believe it I know as do many many many others, but you being the expert would know better

Education does not equal intelligence….

I no longer use my masters, they’re a dime a dozen to be honest. Make more money, more free time, my own boss (pretty much) and I work with some of the most intelligent people in the world with no more than a high school education. This country would collapse without them, but us educated folks claim superiority. When I was “young” I thought it mattered too. I had 2 bachelors a masters by my mid 20’s, it means nothing unless you’re in the medical field I respect the hell outta them. I couldn’t handle burn patients when I was working towards my doctorate in physical therapy. That’s tough to over come, I’m the 1st to admit I wasn’t strong enough for that. The school part is really not that much as long as you have the time.
Never said education equals intelligence, but they don’t give out masters or PhDs to idiots.

There’s a lot of professions I couldn’t do, oncologist is the one I definitely couldn’t do, I’ve spent time around them during my doctorate studies and nope couldn’t do it. I also couldn’t be a hospice nurse.

The point of bringing up degrees with Biden in the house...too freakin' unreal. Do you guys realize how funny this is?

laughing-kamala-harris.gif

That’s 13%. Matches population. That is not under representation.
@ElephantStomp

I'm sensing he wants elitism over equal representation. And I'll admit, that's likely the wrong way to phrase that opinion: re: elitism. But...it fits.

I've suggested this before, Stomp. I get the sense that you think because your daughter is a lesbian that your voice should be louder than others: your opinions weight more. Now you are trying to weigh the "black" option as if others look at race in everything.

We ask questions because we don't understand your stance on things. It's not an attack.

A lot doesn't make sense to my feeble minded, post graduate degree brain.

@ElephantStomp

I'm sensing he wants elitism over equal representation. And I'll admit, that's likely the wrong way to phrase that opinion: re: elitism. But...it fits.

I've suggested this before, Stomp. I get the sense that you think because your daughter is a lesbian that your voice should be louder than others: your opinions weight more. Now you are trying to weigh the "black" option as if others look at race in everything.

We ask questions because we don't understand your stance on things. It's not an attack.

A lot doesn't make sense to my feeble minded, post graduate degree brain.
Elitism? Yes that’s what exactly what I’m saying.

What the fuck does my daughter and her sexual preference have to do with this convo? Here I’ll answer for you….absofuckinglutely nothing

My opinion isn’t any greater than anybody else’s, but you do you.

You may ask questions to better get an idea of my stance, but let’s not pretend that there isn’t some attacks just like I won’t pretend that I do when I say somebody watched Fox News or Oann or whatever other right wing idiotic news channel. But, I’ve made it very clear throughout my political opinions on here that I’m a liberal/leftist, so most of the questioning is group think neoconservative piling on

Elitism? Yes that’s what exactly what I’m saying.

What the fuck does my daughter and her sexual preference have to do with this convo? Here I’ll answer for you….absofuckinglutely nothing

My opinion isn’t any greater than anybody else’s, but you do you.

You may ask questions to better get an idea of my stance, but let’s not pretend that there isn’t some attacks just like I won’t pretend that I do when I say somebody watched Fox News or Oann or whatever other right wing idiotic news channel. But, I’ve made it very clear throughout my political opinions on here that I’m a liberal/leftist, so most of the questioning is group think neoconservative piling on
I can see you trembling when you wrote this. Your grammar went to hell and that's not like you. It's emotions. It's sorta my point in all of this.

I look at reasoning and I don't follow yours. All I see if blind allegiance.

I can see you trembling when you wrote this. Your grammar went to hell and that's not like you. It's emotions. It's sorta my point in all of this.

I look at reasoning and I don't follow yours. All I see if blind allegiance.
The daughter thing got me a bit annoyed.

I don’t have blind allegiance, I vote with my morals and I’ve said this before Biden wasn’t my first choice, but he was better than the alternative and I’ll vote for him again based on morals

Back
Top Bottom