| NEWS Conf. realignments, 2023: The PAC 12 is now the PAC 4, but still a P5.

The ACC could be dead or gain new life… adding Tulane , La Tech , SMU UConns and some other upstart power fives… The recruiting for those schools would skyrocket in a major conference..Then a lot more PARITY would follow.. especially with hoops..

Why would ND bolt?
$$$$

Even in a down year, ND still has a national draw. That draw means more people watching whatever network the B1G is on. More people means more $$$$ for advertising which is how the network pays high media rights fees to a conference.

It has nothing to do with "where they fit," geography or tradition.

$$$$

Even in a down year, ND still has a national draw. That draw means more people watching whatever network the B1G is on. More people means more $$$$ for advertising which is how the network pays high media rights fees to a conference.

It has nothing to do with "where they fit," geography or tradition.
The only thing ND has is the ability to play Prime opponents… such as USC and some of its traditional rivalries… remember when they used to play Alabama…some of the FSU games… their academic requirements now are what’s killing them…

I had this thought about the ACC. I Know Pittsburgh would not bring much to the table competitively speaking, but it would be another TV market for the SEC. A new footprint which they haven't had before. Do you think that would be worth a consideration?

I had this thought about the ACC. I Know Pittsburgh would not bring much to the table competitively speaking, but it would be another TV market for the SEC. A new footprint which they haven't had before. Do you think that would be worth a consideration?
I find the concept to be outdated. We're no longer in a linear TV era.

The Pittsburgh market is the 23rd ranked DMA (out of 210). Not big but not small. However, it's an island. Markets around Pittsburgh are more focused on Penn State or other B1G schools (Ohio State, Maryland). What's the draw for the SEC?

Back
Top Bottom