| NEWS Coleman Coliseum renovation talks underway as Alabama construction moves forward- AL.com

So it looks like it will be 10,136. Not totally in favor of that big of a reduction, but this rendering has me excited. No reduction in student seating (over 2,200) and I believe TidePride members will be behind them.

View attachment 20318

Love the look. Has a field house feel to it. Obviously it's just a rendering and not the final design, but looks sharp.

They wouldn't release that video if they didn't know it wouldn't be approved. This is a done deal folks.

Also that golf facility at the end is top notch. What an incredible job by Byrne his and everyone involved.

Alabama Athletics Plans to Move Forward with Phase II of The Crimson Standard

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. – Alabama Athletics has formally proposed moving forward with phase II of The Crimson Standard Initiative, which includes a new competition arena for basketball and gymnastics as well as a practice facility for the golf programs. These plans are pending Stage I approval from the University of Alabama System Board of Trustees on Friday. The Board's Physical Properties Committee today recommended Stage I approval.

The Crimson Standard, unveiled in 2018, is Alabama Athletics' 10-year, $600 million capital initiative created to comprehensively elevate the student-athlete experience, recruiting efforts and the overall game-day experience for all Crimson Tide fans. To date, over $470 million has been raised for The Crimson Standard Initiative.

The new arena is projected to seat over 10,000 and designed to bring fans closer to the action on the court. Arena features would include student seating around the majority of the lower bowl in addition to new premium options in club, loge, courtside and lower-level preferred seating.

Coleman Coliseum will continue to serve as the day-to-day practice and preparation site for the programs and will also continue to house the multiple departments currently located within the building.

The golf practice facility would be a first-of-its-kind, featuring a brand new nine-hole golf course, driving range, short game practice area and a golf house. The 18,000-square foot golf house would include a Hall of Fame lobby, golf heritage display and mirrored wings with dedicated space for both golf teams, housing coaches' offices, bag storage and club fitting rooms, a team lounge and locker room, stretch room, putting studio and three indoor hitting bays.

North of the clubhouse, the practice range would feature multiple regulation greens, while the short game practice area would be located west of the club house. The nine-hole golf course, east of the golf house, would offer multiple routing options for on-course practice.

Phase I of The Crimson Standard, completed prior to the 2020-21 season, included several enhancements to Bryant-Denny Stadium with the renovation and expansion of multiple seating areas, a relocated press box, improvements to all team areas and renovated recruiting areas. In addition, renovations were made to the lobby, football locker room and medical treatment area at the Mal M. Moore Athletic Facility, and the Sports Science Center was added. Rhoads Stadium also received several upgrades including enhancements to the team areas as well as improved amenities and concessions for fans.

For more information on The Crimson Standard, visit CrimsonTideFoundation.org.

All projects are subject to approval of the University of Alabama System Board of Trustees, presidential approval and fundraising success.

Looks amazing. Byrne and his staff did an incredible job on this.

Now we just need the approval. I will be pissed if they turn this down. Those guys did months of research and time consuming projects for this to be approved.

You said it in a follow up tweet but with stuff like this, it’s approved (behind the scenes) before it ever gets there. All just a formality. Happy it is in stone now though and the clock is actually ticking… way overdue. But I always said, as long as they made it worth the wait, I’d be happy. By the looks of it, I’ll be thrilled.

FKtQRSoX0AIqPAE

There's two things I hope get changed:

-Flip the entire side of the student section so they're visible on television
-Make entrances bigger

This is why Auburn and Duke have such great home court advantages. The students are right there in your face. More so at Cameron indoor, but you see nothing but students when Auburn is on tv. At Alabama games you see a bunch of old boosters.

This is why Auburn and Duke have such great home court advantages. The students are right there in your face. More so at Cameron indoor, but you see nothing but students when Auburn is on tv. At Alabama games you see a bunch of old boosters.
We'll have the students right on top of them anyways. I would just prefer they be more visible on TV from a recruiting standpoint. I don't like how Ole Miss and Florida have their student section opposite of where the game is being viewed, and not being able to see them.

I guess the downside to this is that if students don't show up, it looks bad. Not sure what went into Byrne's thought here other than it's almost an exact outline of "The Pavilion".

We'll have the students right on top of them anyways. I would just prefer they be more visible on TV from a recruiting standpoint. I don't like how Ole Miss and Florida have their student section opposite of where the game is being viewed, and not being able to see them.

I guess the downside to this is that if students don't show up, it looks bad. Not sure what went into Byrne's thought here other than it's almost an exact outline of "The Pavilion".

Georgia was the same way stacking their students into a side corner and behind the one goal. Our current placement sucks for students. Like you said, being visible from a television perspective is huge. Auburn hammers you on one goal and all up one side of their venue. If students are on break, allow others to move into those spots. I'm sure there are some willing to do that in efforts of looking better on tv.

Not related to the arena, but maybe we need a thread related to the upcoming recruiting class. Seems like every signee has been progressing and elevated their game. Nick Pringle just put this video out.

Back
Top Bottom