| NEWS Coleman Coliseum renovation talks underway as Alabama construction moves forward- AL.com

I did not recall this. Point still stands build it somewhere else if possible and then you can have your cake and eat it to :().
People have pointed to Bryce...where there are plans in place there as well.

UofSC fans love to brag about their basketball facility. I hate its location as much as I do Williams Bryce Stadium: they are off campus locations.

Hypothetically they could build a new arena...say off the Black Warrior River, west of MLK. But, as a fan, I don't want the games off campus like that. Take this weekend for example. If I were on campus I could walk and see softball, baseball, basketball, and gymnastics. I don't want to lose that.

People have pointed to Bryce...where there are plans in place there as well.

UofSC fans love to brag about their basketball facility. I hate its location as much as I do Williams Bryce Stadium: they are off campus locations.

Hypothetically they could build a new arena...say off the Black Warrior River, west of MLK. But, as a fan, I don't want the games off campus like that. Take this weekend for example. If I were on campus I could walk and see softball, baseball, basketball, and gymnastics. I don't want to lose that.
That is why I asked about the parking area around Coleman. I was not aware it had already been allocated for something else.

New arena is all but confirmed at this moment. BOT will meet to discuss seating capacity, student section location (this may also get reduced), where the arena will be built (most point near the softball field), etc... Expect it to be around 10.5K. I don't like the reduction by that much, but a new arena is a new arena. I'll take it.

Also a new men and women's golf facility.

New arena is all but confirmed at this moment. BOT will meet to discuss seating capacity, student section location (this may also get reduced), where the arena will be built (most point near the softball field), etc... Expect it to be around 10.5K. I don't like the reduction by that much, but a new arena is a new arena. I'll take it.

Also a new men and women's golf facility.
If they move the basketball/gymnastics facility near Rhodes, I vote they replace Coleman with an indoor track facility.

If they move the basketball/gymnastics facility near Rhodes, I vote they replace Coleman with an indoor track facility.
That's an interesting thought. If they chose to go in the direction of indoor track wouldn't the current indoor practice facility be a better move? Gut Coleman and move football there.

That's an interesting thought. If they chose to go in the direction of indoor track wouldn't the current indoor practice facility be a better move? Gut Coleman and move football there.
The current indoor facility isn’t big enough to hold an indoor track (200M +/- track, field events, sprints, etc) and spectators. If they want to use it as a recruiting tool, build a track facility first. No waiting for a new football facility before starting construction on a track facilit/modifications.

The current indoor facility isn’t big enough to hold an indoor track (200M +/- track, field events, sprints, etc) and spectators. If they want to use it as a recruiting tool, build a track facility first. No waiting for a new football facility before starting construction on a track facilit/modifications.
Unfortunately, you know football will always take precedent over everything. It is what it is. Most of the members on our BOT that give large sums of money are football only fans.

I am not sure how they could fit an indoor track in Coleman. Would take one heck of a reno job to fit it in there and not lose all the lockerooms, weight rooms, offices, etc of the basement.

Watching the BOT meeting now. Byrne was on and his number was 10,136. He mentioned at least four potential sites, but the one near Bryce Property.

Also new golf facility five minutes off campus. Seems nice.

So it looks like it will be 10,136. Not totally in favor of that big of a reduction, but this rendering has me excited. No reduction in student seating (over 2,200) and I believe TidePride members will be behind them.

2BY4UCRQBFGKFPBFQRZV6PERWM.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom