| NEWS Coleman Coliseum renovation talks underway as Alabama construction moves forward- AL.com

Its same reason theyimproved dressing rooms..recruiting rooms...locker rooms...SnC rooms for football....

All improved....to showcast for recruiting....key to success...

Like it or not....The new class of players want bling...the new facility ( even some practice at coleman...if it survives..at all...) will be a recruiting tool...
And fan enticing...
They've already done this with the last project at Coleman. There will be a dressing room in the new facility but the S&C, medical, and other things for the program will remain where they are. Things like the film rooms, players lounge, etc. will remain where they are under this proposed plan and that's a good thing. They are among the best in the nation.

I know it's not meant though its borderline condescending to tell anyone these changes are for recruiting. Everyone knows this. However, that was going to be addressed regardless and I like it's being addressed and we're seeing progress.

I don't like the proposed renderings but that's not set in stone.

They've already done this with the last project at Coleman. There will be a dressing room in the new facility but the S&C, medical, and other things for the program will remain where they are. Things like the film rooms, players lounge, etc. will remain where they are under this proposed plan and that's a good thing. They are among the best in the nation.

I know it's not meant though its borderline condescending to tell anyone these changes are for recruiting. Everyone knows this. However, that was going to be addressed regardless and I like it's being addressed and we're seeing progress.

I don't like the proposed renderings but that's not set in stone.

Ok. But its going to be the total package...

Really dont know what you disagree with.... bama basketball getting a shiney new toy....for the future....the fans...future players....and gymnastics!

Quite an investment....long overdue

Ok. But its going to be the total package...

Really dont know what you disagree with.... bama basketball getting a shiney new toy....for the future....the fans...future players....and gymnastics!

Quite an investment....long overdue
The only thing I've mentioned I didn't like? The renderings of the exterior of the new building. I've also said their plans make sense from a dollar standpoint based on we're being told: they found it cheaper to dig down for the bowl, then basically cap it off versus building up and around (which the renovation would entail.)

There are a few things here that have left me shaking my head like your first sentence here: "...it's going to be the total package." No. It's not. It's just a performance venue.

I'm curious. Where are all the fans who were upset about season ticket holders being displaced in Bryant Denny? Someone is going to have to give here as well: season ticket holders, students, or your average fan.

I'm curious. Where are all the fans who were upset about season ticket holders being displaced in Bryant Denny? Someone is going to have to give here as well: season ticket holders, students, or your average fan.

I never like tickets being taken away. The only time I am ok with tickets being taken away is if they are going to the students? If the students show demand, they should get the tickets.

My opinion, they should start taking tickets away from sponsors and brokers. Half the time those seats go unused, they increase ticket prices and the ability to go, and it's not right to give tickets to people that don't want to go and only care about turning a profit. Students and boosters outta be 1A/1B. If there are tickets left after that, then let the public fight over them. It's the kickbacks and side money that cause the issue for the most part, and the athletic department is guilty of allowing it and accepting it. I brought up the Kickoff Game against Miami and the Chick-Fil-A section my tickets were in that I won at auction. Those were lower level tickets in a good area, the area was 30% filled by halftime because people left because they were just given the tickets and didn't have a dog in the fight team wise. Absolute waste. They should also start looking in faculty/staff issuances as well. I know for a fact a lot of teachers get the tickets and turn around and sell for large profits to total strangers and others they do in fact know. I saw it happen a couple of times at Alabama and know of two instances personally at Georgia with an old neighbor and my boss.

The only thing I've mentioned I didn't like? The renderings of the exterior of the new building. I've also said their plans make sense from a dollar standpoint based on we're being told: they found it cheaper to dig down for the bowl, then basically cap it off versus building up and around (which the renovation would entail.)

There are a few things here that have left me shaking my head like your first sentence here: "...it's going to be the total package." No. It's not. It's just a performance venue.

I dont know Bama bball sells out current venue to season tickets....

Nice crowds so far this year....but tickets are available

As far as rendering..... i dont care ....i am sure the place will be incredible....( for 180 million...better be)

Was just time

As far as rendering..... i dont care ....i am sure the place will be incredible....( for 180 million...better be)
This is something I don't like. It's moving the goalposts.

You don't care about the look their proposing but didn't like the look of Coleman as it stands; cared nothing for the proposed look in those renderings (renovations.)

You're not alone. You're in the company of those who said Alabama had to have an all basketball facility but aren't anywhere to be heard from.

I dont know Bama bball sells out current venue to season tickets....
A little more here.

Back in November the program had already set a record for the number of season tickets sold. It was right at 7000 at that time. Student tickets are at 2200 now if I'm not mistaken. If we assume 6900 for season tickets under the thought they didn't reach the 7000 mark, then add in the student tickets available today, that 9100 out 10,136: 1036 available tickets for general public.

That's the reasoning behind my belief someone has to give and it'll come from one of those three groups.

I have no problem with a remodel or new building. Inflation has cost them millions while they determined which way to go.

I will say the entrance to be new building isn't very impressive. Looks my doctor's office Tuskaloosa Internal Medicine on Ruby Tyler Parkway.

Dr Jones if you're reading this just know I was only kidding.

A little more here.

Back in November the program had already set a record for the number of season tickets sold. It was right at 7000 at that time. Student tickets are at 2200 now if I'm not mistaken. If we assume 6900 for season tickets under the thought they didn't reach the 7000 mark, then add in the student tickets available today, that 9100 out 10,136: 1036 available tickets for general public.

That's the reasoning behind my belief someone has to give and it'll come from one of those three groups.
So football is different....?

And it was an exceptional season of expectations....hopefully more seasons in thefuture....

The secondary market is available for tickets....for the 1-2 game fan...
Season tickets..you can get on waiting list...

My thougt is,..if you-cant hear shoes squeaking ....you’re to far from court...

Want really good seats....

5C007C6D-C2D4-41A2-9EFA-2FF4D5772047.png

Back
Top Bottom