| NEWS Coleman Coliseum renovation talks underway as Alabama construction moves forward- AL.com

Georgia was the same way stacking their students into a side corner and behind the one goal. Our current placement sucks for students. Like you said, being visible from a television perspective is huge. Auburn hammers you on one goal and all up one side of their venue. If students are on break, allow others to move into those spots. I'm sure there are some willing to do that in efforts of looking better on tv.
Win and fans will show up also

I’m concerned about the big glass window. Have we not learned anything from Jerry World and the Cowboys?
Hinkle is a better example. There were complaints during the NCAAT about sun beams and the floor. It's quite amusing having seen all those comments about the "airplane hanger" and now we're looking at a place that'll house "Where Legends are Made" and looks like a nursing home.

We need a Venn diagram of those who complain ticket prices in BDS as well as the look of the exterior of Coleman all the while saying that exterior will lead to better basketball teams.

I know of everyone is excited about the new space. I could not be more disappointed. We move from an Airplane Hanger onto a Barndinimum.

For $183 million... whew sounds like a rip off to me.
Well maybe it's just me, but the exteriors look fine to me. I guess no matter what the renderings and final product is, people will complain. Looks like a state of the art arena to me. I'm sure coaches, players, and recruits won't mind it compared to Coleman.

If I read it correctly too, there will be new practice facilities there as well. Considering cost of construction, $183 million isn't so bad.

arena2.webp

arena3.webp

I'm sure coaches, players, and recruits won't mind it compared to Coleman
These same people have said that the facilities in Coleman are better than 90% of college basketball: people, including a former NBA coach who said they rival professional set-ups.

Mark my words. Not only will Alabama continue to have a great set-up for the staff and players now we'll see the school rival a NBA team when it comes to ticket prices.

These same people have said that the facilities in Coleman are better than 90% of college basketball: people, including a former NBA coach who said they rival professional set-ups.

Mark my words. Not only will Alabama continue to have a great set-up for the staff and players now we'll see the school rival a NBA team when it comes to ticket prices.
I've never had issues with the practice facilities at Coleman. Oats stated back in 2020 on JOX that it was one of the selling points Byrne mentioned in persuading him to take the Alabama job. The issue was always the home court. What happens to Coleman now will be interesting. I honestly didn't expect new practice facilities.

Lesser seats will increase more demand. If you're a season ticket holder, expect prices to double (or even triple). We sold 6,700 season tickets this season, which is a new record. But an increase in price could mean to get rid of all the TidePride members who never attend games and sell their tickets to Auburn and Kentucky fans.

Well maybe it's just me, but the exteriors look fine to me. I guess no matter what the renderings and final product is, people will complain. Looks like a state of the art arena to me. I'm sure coaches, players, and recruits won't mind it compared to Coleman.

If I read it correctly too, there will be new practice facilities there as well. Considering cost of construction, $183 million isn't so bad.

Yeah, none of those people are the ones footing the bill either. They are all making money off of it.

Lesser seats will increase more demand. If you're a season ticket holder, expect prices to double (or even triple). We sold 6,700 season tickets this season, which is a new record. But an increase in price could mean to get rid of all the TidePride members who never attend games and sell their tickets to Auburn and Kentucky fans.
The proposal is at 10.1K. Take the 6700 out, plus the 2200 for students, and we're left with roughly 1000 seats to purchase. Something will have to give. And, if we look at what we've seen with this administration at UA it'll likely mean that 6700 gets reduced.

Also, being overlooked a bit, but the new golf facility looks incredible. In a perfect world, it would include a full 18 hole course, but having this facility close to campus along with Ol' Colony down the road is not a bad mix.

The proposal is at 10.1K. Take the 6700 out, plus the 2200 for students, and we're left with roughly 1000 seats to purchase. Something will have to give. And, if we look at what we've seen with this administration at UA it'll likely mean that 6700 gets reduced.
The goal is to sell all the seats. Supply and demand. A sellout leads to profitability.

Back
Top Bottom