| FTBL CFP Playoff Selection Show and Bowl Matchups...BAMA is in at #4.

Wow! An opportunity to beat UGa, UM, and or UW or a shot at redemption against UTx, all in one year. Plus, a competitive SEC schedule. This has been a really interesting adventure. And it's not over.

ROLL TIDE! MTAQ!

Well I can't say I'm not surprised. And I'm here to say I was completely and totally wrong. I thought for sure they'd put FSU at #4 since they won their conference AND are undefeated. I figured BAMA would go to the Fiesta Bowl (or something comparable) and be ready for next year's 12-team format. Which, if they keep going the way they are, they'll be in the CFP every year for the foreseeable future.

I was thinking the final 4 would be Michigan, Washington, FSU, and Texas.

But I was wrong. and I'm sure there are a LOT of FSU fans not happy right now...and understandably so.
I smell what your cooking @sk33tr but the committee knew free shoes couldn’t hang with Bama.

Ahhh, the meltdowns are a joy to behold. A friend at church was furious that FSU didn't get in.......he's an auburn fan.

One thing that will get lost in all of this... FSU fans, and CFB fans in general are pissed at Bama... fine, whatever. Fandom. But if UGA had beat the Tide yesterday, the committee told us with today's ranking that FSU was still in the cold... Texas was going to "steal" their spot. They were screwed either way unless OK State had somehow won.

Thats a curb stomp waiting.
That's what I'm thinking. If FSU had their starting QB, it'd be a different game (not to mention FSU would be in the CFP). But UGA's defense is gonna eat their true freshman QB alive and it's not going to be pretty.

Plus, UGA will be playing with a HUGE chip on their shoulder. Yes, FSU will be as well. But UGA losing the SECCG to BAMA (once again) will almost make them feel like Auburn. And we all know how UGA feels about Auburn, lol.

I almost feel sorry for FSU...almost. I'll definitely be pulling for UGA in that game. They're a helluva team with a helluva coach. And while I wouldn't call myself an actual fan of them, they are probably my favorite non-BAMA SEC team.

One thing that will get lost in all of this... FSU fans, and CFB fans in general are pissed at Bama... fine, whatever. Fandom. But if UGA had beat the Tide yesterday, the committee told us with today's ranking that FSU was still in the cold... Texas was going to "steal" their spot. They were screwed either way unless OK State had somehow won.
I told a friend (he’s a Penn St alumni) that this morning too.

Back
Top Bottom