| FTBL CFP Playoff Selection Show and Bowl Matchups...BAMA is in at #4.

Bama gets left out. Last year of 4 team format. Starting next year SEC will get at least 3 teams in. Nobody wants Bama in to possibly win it all this year.
👆 👆 👆 👆 👆 👆 👆 👆 👆

I'm predicting they put FSU in. According to their own criteria, they are obligated to put the 4 best teams in. But even that has its limits. If it were really the 4 best, they would have put at least 2 SEC teams in the playoff EVERY YEAR. So even the 4 best mandate is limited by a notion of worthiness and being deserved. I'm hearing people saying the SEC was down this year, which is true. I'm hearing the compelling case that FSU avoided losing all season with their 1st, 2nd, and 3rd string QBs. I think the point @XXL TideFan makes is also a factor: the SEC will benefit the most moving forward after adding Texas and OU. Hell, we may be seeing SEC opponents play each other 3 times in a season, if they keep conference title games. I think they shut out the SEC this year for the sake of broad national appeal. Be honest, we in the SEC geographical footprint will all still watch the playoff games with or without Bama or Georgia playing. The same cannot be said for spectators residing outside the Southeastern United States.

From another thread:

I'm predicting they put FSU in. According to their own criteria, they are obligated to put the 4 best teams in. But even that has its limits. If it were really the 4 best, they would have put at least 2 SEC teams in the playoff EVERY YEAR. So even the 4 best mandate is limited by a notion of worthiness and being deserved. I'm hearing people saying the SEC was down this year, which is true. I'm hearing the compelling case that FSU avoided losing all season with their 1st, 2nd, and 3rd string QBs. I think the point @XXL TideFan makes is also a factor: the SEC will benefit the most moving forward after adding Texas and OU. Hell, we may be seeing SEC opponents play each other 3 times in a season, if they keep conference title games. I think they shut out the SEC this year for the sake of broad national appeal. Be honest, we in the SEC geographical footprint will all still watch the playoff games with or without Bama or Georgia playing. The same cannot be said for spectators residing outside the Southeastern United States.

I’m going ahead and preparing to be pissed off at the committee! No way do I trust 13 suits in a room to pick the 4 best teams, when one of those guys is the AD at Michigan and several more repping the ACC. Orange, Cotton, Fiesta, or Peach!🤬
Yeah, the AD of Michigan is not to be trusted. He didn’t stop Harboys people from going and stealing signs, whether he knew it or not. Did nothing until he absolutely had to.
At least Condelisa Rice did not let her affiliation to Alabama interfere with her decisions.

👆 👆 👆 👆 👆 👆 👆 👆 👆

Looking at last weeks top 12, 6 will be in the SEC next year. Four as it is now

Why is Texas viewed as solidly in over FSU but not Alabama?
Best win out of anyone, even Bama's win last night. You go into T-town and win by double digits, after so many who have failed in the last several years ... impressive. Plus the "eye-test." I dare say they'd be favored over everyone they play against.

Back
Top Bottom