| FTBL CFP Playoff Selection Show and Bowl Matchups...BAMA is in at #4.

Well I can't say I'm not surprised. And I'm here to say I was completely and totally wrong. I thought for sure they'd put FSU at #4 since they won their conference AND are undefeated. I figured BAMA would go to the Fiesta Bowl (or something comparable) and be ready for next year's 12-team format. Which, if they keep going the way they are, they'll be in the CFP every year for the foreseeable future.

I was thinking the final 4 would be Michigan, Washington, FSU, and Texas.

But I was wrong. and I'm sure there are a LOT of FSU fans not happy right now...and understandably so.

Color me surprised, I will eat my crow, I doubted the committee's ability to stay impartial on this and I was definitely wrong @Brandon Van de Graaff called me out a few times and I guess I need to be more optimistic and follow his lead. Amazing, let's do this team. Time to win 2 more and change our signals a bit.

@bamafan9201, there were numerous people here who were convinced that Alabama was going to get screwed and that only a massive amount of chaos was needed to get Bama in (but few will probably admit it). I mentioned in another thread, I even had some friends and extended family who were singing that same song. I only attempted to put forth an argument(s) that I tried my best to support with reasons of why Bama would be fine if they beat UGA. The power of Sankey was a point that I tried to hammer home for one. It just seemed like some fans (and I know for a fact one close friend I have) were having a hard time enjoying the actual Bama games because of the worry they had about the Tide getting in... and that was really, at its core, the reason I kept hammering home that Bama was going to be ok. I honestly believed it, but I was also prepared to eat the shit filled crow if I was wrong. It all made for good discussion though, which is what this site is all about... and I'm glad it worked out well for Bama.

Roll Tide.

Oh yeah, they gotta be hot right now. Hard to blame them, but the reality is they don't have the team right now to compete. Tough pill to swollow, but their opponent record compared to ours isn't remotely comparable.
Agreed! Also, I watched the entire FSU vs Louisville game last night as did many of you. The FSU defense looked really good! That said, Louisville looked atrocious and extremely soft. The interception in the endzone was a very poorly thrown ball. A number of plays, their offensive players wouldn't finish! I'm not saying they should take unneeded contact. Just lower your pads and get the first down. Louisville was not, in my opinion, a quality opponent. FSU would be a 13 point or more dog against any team in the top four. I do feel bad for them because circumstances bit them hard. The team, not the fans. Screw the fans.

Color me surprised, I will eat my crow, I doubted the committee's ability to stay impartial on this and I was definitely wrong @Brandon Van de Graaff called me out a few times and I guess I need to be more optimistic and follow his lead. Amazing, let's do this team. Time to win 2 more and change our signals a bit.
I will say this about Brandon, he will not say something to sunshine pump or BS you. There are a few people I listen to and has the knowledge to back their intuition up, Brandon is one of them. Truly. He will down talk my post but its true.

But I was wrong. and I'm sure there are a LOT of FSU fans not happy right now...and understandably so.

It really does suck for FSU... they did everything right... won all their games, played a good OOC opponent in LSU and beat them, etc. But that injury to Joran Travis was a killer... and being in the weaker conference didn't help. They got caught in the perfect storm this year and unfortunately, it took them out. But, while their fans will never admit it, they will be much happier playing with a chip on their shoulder and getting a nice bowl win and getting to pretend they would be actual legitimate contenders forever, than getting embarrassed in the semis.

The selection Committee got it right. Not just because Bama is in, these are the top 4 teams.

Agree... IMO, UGA is still one of the best 4, but the SECCG serves as a playoff game in years like this... I had no problem with only the winner of that game getting in (this time). Same with Oregon/UW.

Back
Top Bottom