| FTBL BOWL WEEK: Saturday, 12/30: Miss State (Won) is one of four games today as the SEC (1-3) gets its first bowl win.

That Herman thing gets my blood boiling. What a clown. Dude, you're at Texas and just went 7-6... Beat Mizzu, who used to be your whipping boy in the Big12, and are mocking a 20 yr old QB that just lost a meaningless bowl game. That's about as immature as it gets at this level.

And don't get me wrong I dislike the QB's celebration and most all celebrations frankly... Cause I think it just shows the player didn't expect to be successful... And/or loves bringing attention to themselves rather than the team... But I also understand they are young dumb kids playing a game for a scholly. This clown is making 5 Mill and acting like a young dumb kid. Not to mention he's kissing his players with his mouth... Can't wait until someone catches herpes.

PS - Would kill to see some team come up with a celebration to mock his make out session after kicking their ass... Anything to humiliate him at this point works for me.

@Tidestalker Tale of Two Cities comes to mind here only because I've seen the same type of actions out of Mizzou coaches--not football, but coaches none-the-less.

If you don't recall, Earlytowhine Earleywine was in the dugout a back in 2014 when Bama won their fourth SEC title in five years at Mizzou. As you would expect from any team, they celebrated with the ol' "dog pile" on the pitcher and Earleywine, whining, called the celebration "Busch league."

(Which brings me to this question--does that type of celebration bother you?)

Funny, in retrospect, this doesn't shock me from Herman. However, it's still disappointing to see that from a head coach.
Another thing that disappointed me was this reaction from Marcus Spears.

A historical note mentioned by SVP this morning.

The is the first time in history that Navy and Army both won their bowl games. Both teams combined for a total of 6 yards passing. Personally, I'm still chuckling a bit with Army having 46 minutes TOP.

@Tidestalker Tale of Two Cities comes to mind here only because I've seen the same type of actions out of Mizzou coaches--not football, but coaches none-the-less.

If you don't recall, Earlytowhine Earleywine was in the dugout a back in 2014 when Bama won their fourth SEC title in five years at Mizzou. As you would expect from any team, they celebrated with the ol' "dog pile" on the pitcher and Earleywine, whining, called the celebration "Busch league."

(Which brings me to this question--does that type of celebration bother you?)

Funny, in retrospect, this doesn't shock me from Herman. However, it's still disappointing to see that from a head coach.
Another thing that disappointed me was this reaction from Marcus Spears.

Noooo I'm completely good with the dog pile, because it's after the game has finished, it's not bringing attention to yourself, and doesn't humiliate the opponent.

In my book the best reactions are when they are genuinely happy for their teammates. I love when the RB hugs all his OL'man, the receiver and QB meet up at tap helmets, the other RB's are running off the sideline to greet the scoring RB, etc. 9 out of 10 times that's how Alabama rolls... Love Saban for that. In basketball it drives me crazy when these guys do the ridiculous 3 pt celebrations... Love it when they point at the guy who passed them the ball. Such a big difference in mentality... Just appreciate the unselfishness of guys that look for their teammates instead of making it about themselves.

And our boy Herman instead of just embracing his players or being happy, wanted extra attention for himself on behalf of a silly college kid that just lost a game. He got his attention. I sure hope someone makes him address it. Would be a humiliating explanation.

I'm tempted to change my username to schadenfreude today. To date, I see the PAC is 1-5 in bowl games. USC plays today...but, seeing them lose would be very close to rooting for OSU to win.

Ah, what the hell...rather see the PAC at 1-6 tomorrow morning.

Slow golf clap (I guess) for TAMU for not mailing it in after giving up 31 unanswered in 1st half. But dear God, that defense. Basically both teams employed the 'Tin Horn' package.

SEC starts 0-2. Come on Kentucky.

Texas finished fourth in the Big 12, 7-6 (5-4)
Missouri ties for sixth in the SEC with three other teams at 4-4. 7-6.
Texas - 33
Mizzouri - 16

Wake finishes 5th in the ACC tied with three other teams at 4-4. 8-5 overall.
A&M finishes tied for sixth in the SEC with three other teams at 4-4. 7-6 overall.

Wake Forest - 55
Texas A&M - 52

So Texas came in 6-6, Mizzou 7-5 and Wake Forrest and TA&M came in with the same records. I'll give WF the advantage for having coaching consistency.

UK comes in with a worse record than Northwestern so we are the true underdog in that one. But record-wise, The rest of our matchups are draws except for Aubie. Time for our teams to step it up.

Back
Top Bottom