| FTBL BOWL WEEK: Saturday, 12/30: Miss State (Won) is one of four games today as the SEC (1-3) gets its first bowl win.

SEC action begins tonight with Mizzou and Texas. I've got the hope--and that's with no love lost for Missouri--and we see a slaughter tonight.

I've rooted for Southern Miss in the past. How many of you guys remember when USM beat Nebraska? How many can remember the year without looking it up? (Hint: Bama was starting their 4th string QB, and 4th string RB.)

2.png

Nature's shoutout to the "Old Grey Lady."

I sat through some real crap weather over the years in that stadium, including the 1983 Iron Bowl.
I

Yeah one of the quickest memories of being at Legion Field is the weather. When Perkins was there against LSU there was actually a tornado warning given from the press box. Worst torrential rain I've ever sat through. Seems like Perkins went for the tie instead of the win and caught hell for it the next week.
When you two @TUSKstuff and @Bamabww at the Southern Miss game? You know the one that was reschedule because of 9/11? I know this one was a down pour.

IMG_1967.JPG
Took MS50+ there to tell her about all my memories..(she still likes the stories)..
And the gates were open...walked in and on to the field...
Visions of days past sprung onto my mine...from the 60s..70s and beyond...from seeing Dizzy Dean at the ole miss game..to Bear..to joe willie..Gov Wallace..the Birmingham Stallions...Birmingham Americans..the rain..the cold..the UT game always in beautiful fall...taking my kids to games to taking my grankids to game...being droppedoff there in the 50s before Bear...for the GaTech game..
The upper deck built but empty (fire marshall...said it wasnt inspected properly...or something..) to the end zone finished but LSU fans buying up all the tickets...but 2(my mom got those 2) ...the future football capital of the south...or so called..
The old gray lady... wow!!!

View attachment 7865
Took MS50+ there to tell her about all my memories..(she still likes the stories)..
Visions of days past sprung onto my mine...from the 60s..70s and beyond...from seeing Dizzy Dean at the ole miss game..to Bear..to joe willie..Gov Wallace..the Birmingham Stallions...Birmingham Americans..the rain..the cold..the UT game always in beautiful fall...taking my kids to games to taking my grankids to game...being droppedoff there in the 50s before Bear...for the GaTech game..
The upper deck built but empty (fire marshall...said it wasnt inspected properly...or something..) to the end zone finished but LSU fans buying up all the tickets...but 2(my mom got those 2) ...the future football capital of the south...or so called..

Don't forget the Birmingham Vulcans were in there too. One of the all-time monsoons at Legion Field was a night I tried to sit through a game with the Chigaco Fire or Wind, whatever they were at the time.

View attachment 7865

I was at the southern miss game back then in the downpour. 7 pass attempts by Brandon Avalos or something like that. Had a great time with my brother there. Last time I was in that stadium.

I was at the southern miss game back then in the downpour. 7 pass attempts by Brandon Avalos or something like that. Had a great time with my brother there. Last time I was in that stadium.
Zow completed seven passes against USM in the game they're talking about ITT. Avalos was in '03 followed by Pennington in '04.

Back
Top Bottom